Chapter 79

Tim's POV:

It's like I can finally breathe again when I hear my girl walk through the door.

I was going to have a drink while she was gone to calm my nerves but considering the circumstances, I didn't think it was a bright idea. I just sat here with my thoughts and hoped everything would be okay. Seeing her made me see that and I was finally at peace.

I run to her and bring her into my arms. I look at her face and she's smiling with tears in her eyes.

"Baby, are you okay?"

She shakes her head yes. "Yeah." She wraps her arms tighter around me, and I just hold her. I know it's what she needs even though I want to know what happened over there.

"Then, why can I feel tears dropping on my shirt?"

She laughs and pulls away to wipe her tears. "It's nothing." Last time she said that she was telling me she wants James to come to the wedding. So, clearly, it's something.

"It's just he told me everything I wanted to hear my whole life. He finally said it all and I'm happy."

I rather her be crying happy tears than any other kind. I can tell she means it because she really can't stop smiling.

I bring her to me again to kiss her on the head. "I'm assuming he's coming to the wedding then?"

She shakes her head. "Yeah, he is." She wraps her arms around me and leans in to kiss me lightly. "Thank you for letting me see him and invite him."

She wants to have a relationship with her father. I can't stand in the way of that. He just better not hurt her again. I won't be so lenient then.

"I'm happy for you, baby." I am because it this is all she has wanted. I know and she knows it, even if she wasn't too vocal about it in the past. I could hear it in her voice when she would talk about him.

I walk back to the kitchen to get her some water. "You're okay with that right?" She asks me.

"Of course, baby. I want at least one of our fathers to be there for us."

I hear her behind me and hand her a bottle of water from the fridge. She looks at me softly with her eyes. "I guess your father isn't coming?"

"It's something we already knew Melissa. I can't reach him, not that he would want to reach out to me, even if this is going to be the best day of my life."

I bring her closer to me because I mean what I say. "I don't need him there to know I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Have you heard from Sarah?"

I sigh. "No, but your urge to see James inspired me to go and see her this week. I might head over there tomorrow to see how she's doing." I would like someone from my family to be at the wedding. I would want it to be Sarah because we did have each other's back when we were little. We continue to have each other's back today too, especially when it comes to him.

She smiles. "That's great handsome!"

"Do you want to come?"

She kisses my cheek, but frowns after. "I would love to, but I can't. Tomorrow is essential for me and Jack to be there and make sure we got the medications we need for our patients."

I would love to have her there since her and Sarah have made amends. I never saw Sarah accept someone into her life like the day Melissa went in there to give her another chance.

"But don't be afraid to call me if they don't let her out. I can be pretty convincing."

I look down at her outfit and can see her chest popping out of that shirt. "Believe me baby I know you can."