Chapter 96

(Hey, I'm sorry for the wait. I just wanted this chapter to be perfect because this is what we've been waiting for. Okay, I'm sorry, happy reading.) 

The Wedding

The Wedding

Tim was pleased when he and Tony entered the church and saw that all the guest were there in position, as if they've done this before. Now only that, he was thrilled that they were the only ones waiting for them, and that there were no outsiders.

"How are you holding up?" Tony asks him before they reach everyone.

"Better than ever, but I'll be even better when she gets here."

Tony pats him on the back. "Well, you're doing great."

"Oh, wait." Tim reaches into his pocket to give Tony the rings for them. "You know which one to give Ziva right?"

"Whoa. If this was your plan all along to get me to be tied down forever, you're mistaken buddy."

They laugh with each other because that's what this day is about. Laughter, fun, good times, and love.

"Don't worry I got it Probie."

Originally, Tim wasn't going to use these rings. He and Melissa wanted to use their own rings to start a life for themselves. They wanted everything to be their own and not care about anyone else's opinions. Tim had a change of heart the moment James died. To be honest with himself, he was debating it when Sarah said she wasn't showing up to the wedding. He didn't realize how much family was important to him until his favorite family member couldn't make it. Even though he was happy for her he was still a little hurt and that's when he changed his mind. Of course, Melissa supported this decision. She couldn't be happier or prouder of him.

Once they reach everyone, no eyes are on Tony, but Tim for he is the one tying the knot today.

"Timothy," Ducky begins. "You look striking as ever."

"Thanks Ducky." Tim wraps his arms around him. "Thank you for doing this. You have no idea how much this means to us."

"The pleasure is all mine my boy." Ducky pats him on the shoulders as Tim moves over to Jimmy.

"Tim you look great." They shake hands and both feel that the past is finally behind them.

"Thank you." Tim looks around and sees that Jimmy is all by himself. "I'm guessing Heather couldn't make it, huh?"

Tim is surprised when Jimmy continues to smile. "She can't be here right now, but she will be attending the reception. She clearly won't be able to be there until I know where we are which I hear is a secret."

"Yeah what's up with that?" Tim turns around and finds Abby behind him with a black dress on. She's wearing black Converse to go with it.

Abby sees him staring at them. "It's in honor of Melissa since they're her favorite shoe."