Chapter 66

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

I didn't know what to expect when I showed Melissa the house. I didn't know how to tell her that it was ours. I was hoping I would open the door and she would just know by that. When I walked in, I turned around for just a second because I no longer had her hand in mine. I turned and I saw her in awe of the dining area. I decided to let her take it all in. I joined her because I'm still in shock that I did this for us.

I took in the kitchen for a minute and it was so beautiful. I felt as if I was looking at it again for the first time. I went back to the living room and saw our future before my eyes.

It was us sitting on the couch watching Casablanca. I poured the wine as usual and I had her in my arms.

I couldn't be happier.

When she started crying, I didn't freak out immediately. I knew they were happy tears. I knew that she couldn't believe that she was going to spend the rest of her life in that house. I saw her childhood flash before her eyes as she started to cry. It was instinct for me to just hold her and let her tell me what she's thinking. I knew she loved it, I just had to ask to be sure.

We're in the car now, driving home and I haven't let go of her hand. I look over at her from time to time and see her smiling. She's also been using her other hand to be on her phone. She's still smiling though.

"What're you looking at?"

"The church we're getting married in."

That sounds like music to my ears. "Oh, what for?"

"You're not too religious, are you?"

"No, but if my father asks," He won't. He would have to talk to me or her to do that. "I follow the bible in my life."

I probably shouldn't be lying about the bible, but it's only ever when my father brings it up. We were not church kids when mom was gone. As long as I acknowledged the man upstairs in my life and in front of my father and his friends, I was in the clear. Like I said before, he would have to talk to me to bring it up at all.

She adjusts herself to face me as I continue to drive. "Do you remember when we went there and not a soul was there, but it was still opened to the public?"

"Yeah?"

"You also know that we have a very small guest list."

"I do know that."

"What if one of our friends marry us?"

The second she says friend, I imagine Tony giving the vows. "It can't be Tony. He would butcher it and start to make his whole religion. Then, the whole world would be mad at us."

She takes her hand out of mine and hits me in the arm. "Don't talk about him like that. Besides, I wasn't talking about Tony."

"Okay, okay." I grab her hand back and kiss it. "So, you mean they would get ordained or something?"