Chapter 18

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

The three of us spent two hours sharing stories about our past relationships. Melissa was lucky that she didn't have many. She only had a few stories about guys approaching her but then rejecting them. That was a lucky one for me because hearing stories about her exes would have made me want to beat the shit out of them but be thankful enough that they were idiots and let her go, so that I can have her.

Somehow, the last bottle of wine he brought over lasted those two hours. It was mostly going from the bottle to Melissa's mouth, but Jack was happy enough for her to have it. He was sobering up so he can get home safely.

We asked if he wanted to stay for dinner with us and the guys, but he had to decline. He gave into his fathers wishes and decided to amuse whoever he got settled with tonight.

He even offered to stay and help me sober Melissa up, but I said I got it from there. He said goodbye and Melissa didn't want to let him go. I don't think he wanted to either. I think he would have done anything to avoid that date.

I gave Melissa a bunch of water as she sat on my lap in the kitchen. There was a point I moved the chair closer to the sink because she was really thirsty. I don't think she ate anything to go with her wine either. She kept resting her head on my shoulder and talking to me.

The guys have seen her drunk before, that isn't the problem. I just think that this is something she would want to be coherent for.

"Do I have to dress up for this?" The alcohol has made her tired. I can tell.

She gets up from my lap to change. I decide that I'm going to make her some coffee to wake her up.

"Wear whatever you want baby."

The second I get the pot brewing, the doorbell rings. That must be the food.

I ordered Chinese food because it's something we order enough at work that I know everyone's orders. I place the food on the table as my girl walks in the kitchen with jeans and my sweatshirt on.

I hand her a mug and she places a kiss on my cheek. "Are you excited?" She takes my hand and spins around as if we're ballroom dancing.

"Yes." I bring her in to kiss her lips this time. "Very."

Melissa see's the food on the table and starts organizing it to the way people like it and where they usual sit. Typical.

She finishes her coffee as she does it.

"Have you thought about any other wedding details?"

She smirks while handing me the empty mug. "Small." Is all she says.

"Small?" This is something I feel like I should know. "Small what? Small service. Small reception."

"Small everything!" She shouts with her hands in the air. "Small service, reception, guest list. Everything!"