Chapter 13

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

Work is over and by Melissa's demand we are only focusing on the good things in our lives. She's going to face Gibbs when she wants to and I have to respect that. She knows I'll still be here through it all.

"Jimmy?" She calls throughout autopsy. Her echo goes through my body, but we get an answer.

"I'll be right out."

I turn to Melissa who's all giddy, as if it's our first time announcing our engagement again.

I love that she wants to include everyone. The guys and I never forget that Jimmy is down here, but Melissa spent more time with him in her year here than all of us did combined. He took on shifts looking out for her when we had a clear mark on Juice. He looks to her for advice and thought that we would be the perfect "fake" couple to help Heather win that check.

She turns to me, but then pats me on the chest to look where she's looking.

Jimmy enters the room in his scrubs. "This is a nice surprise." He says with a goofy smile. "What are you guys doing down here?"

Melissa squeezes my hand. "Well, you couldn't make it the other night and we still wanted to tell you this in person."

She lifts her hand up and his eyes dart to the ring. I have to admit I was nervous about his reaction. I can see a genuine smile form on his face, as he grabs her hand to admire her ring.

"Is this what I think it is?" He asks looking at me.

I shake my head.

"Alright! Congratulations!"

He brings us both into his arms.

I hug him a little tighter because I have faith that this means that him and Heather are okay. We met her and she was amazing. I would love for him to have a date to our wedding.

"Is this what you wanted to tell me the other night?"

"Yes." I tell him. "We understand you already had plans. It was kind of last minute."

"Well, I'm still sorry I missed it."

"How's Heather?" Melissa asks. She doesn't know that Jimmy and I had a conversation about this.

I get nervous for a second, for him to completely surprise me. "She's great." He says with a convincing smile. Is he serious?

"We spent the holidays together and it was life changing." He turns to me and nods. I guess that means he is serious.

He turns the conversation back to us. "If you don't mind me asking, how are you hiding your engagement from Gibbs?"

Melissa and I share a look. "You mean you don't know?"

He gives us a blank stare. I guess one flaw in being down here all the time is that you miss out on everything that happens upstairs. The perk is that he missed everything that happen when we told Gibbs.