Chapter 93

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

Another day but with more confusion. After the house was cleared of the things I planned to move, we left and made plans to stay home the rest of the day. It was well deserved and much need. Staying home meant Tim picked a movie to watch and I laid in his arms.

While watching the movie, I was able to forget about James. When I would remember him, I remembered that he has past, but moved on and made peace with it, way before it even happened. I laid there with the movie playing in the background of my thoughts and thought that this is all happening, and I've made peace with it as well. I know Tim doesn't understand it exactly, but he's not forcing me to cope any other way. He's just letting me be.

Right now, we're on our way to a restaurant to spend some time with Ziva and Tony before tomorrow night.

Tomorrow is the night before the wedding and I'm staying at Ziva's and Tim is staying at Tony's.

The original plan was to meet them after work, but because of Tim being absent they are doing his job as well. I'm not sure how Jack is doing, but I have faith that he's doing fine without me. I called him today and told him what was going on. I knew that even with the tragedy of everything, he would be the one that couldn't be happier that the wedding it still on. I told him that I didn't want another thing taken away from me. He understood and said he would see me then. He'll be at Ziva's the morning of the wedding.

With Tony and Ziva probably working late, they invited us out for their lunch break.

We end up at a beautiful restaurant Tony picked out. It's a good thing I put more effort into my appearance today. It's a little for myself and more so they save the pity for someone else.

I'm wearing my two-piece pink top and skirt with a jean jacket. When I walked down the stairs and Tim saw me, I saw his eyes light up and his smile grow.

He told me I looked beautiful.

That's when I felt light and was ready to attack the day.

We walk in and see Tony and Ziva already have a table. I brace myself for the things they'll probably say to me and squeeze Tim's hand a little harder. I can tell he notices.

When we get to them, I reach Tony first.

He wraps his arms around my neck, and I rest my head on his chest. "Melissa, I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thank you." I doubt he can hear me with how rough he's hugging me.

He lets me go after a minute and I move to Ziva quickly, to ignore the pity look.

"Hey, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing a lot better." That's the truth. I don't care if they believe it or not. "Thank you."

We all sit down and place our orders. Tim ordered for me and I just focused on Ziva when she started speaking.

"So, are you two ready for the big day?"