Chapter 21

Tim's POV:

From the way I look at it. I'm a pretty lucky guy. I have the girl of my dreams and she can't wait to marry me. I have one of my best friends as my best man and have no idea what to expect when it comes to the bachelor party. We didn't talk about it much when I asked him to be my best man, but it will be finalized soon. Last but not least, I have a boss who's the biological father of my fiancé, and he hasn't been on my case in a long time.

I'm not sure whether him pointing out my engagement ring was a dig at me, or he was genuinely hurt that he was one of the last few people to find out.

Either way, he should've come at it a different way. My best man was there to have my back anyway.

That's how I should look at my life. It's perfect; I shouldn't be complaining.

Except, now I have this pure image in my head that Gibbs is her biological father. I didn't look at him like this before, but everything changed when Ziva and Tony brought it to my attention.

The other night should have been an intimate night between the two of us. I was more than happy to make her feel something other than unwanted from the multiple families that she was dealt in this life. I was happy to forget that Fornell was a part of her life long ago with her, but that just wasn't the case.

"Hey handsome." She says as I drive us to work today.

"Y-yeah?" Sometimes I wonder how I get to work with my mind wandering off every five minutes.

"Nothing." She says softly. "It's just you said before that you wanted coffee and you pasted the turn."

I can get myself to work, but I'll forget that I wanted to get coffee so I could escape the apartment earlier than planned.

"I'm sorry. I can turn around."

"Don't worry about it. I was just going because you wanted it."

I need to get out of this funk. I look at the ring on my finger. I turn a tiny bit to see the ring on hers and remember what I said for that ring to be on her finger. I meant every word of it. I just have to remind myself that.

"Turn around if you still want it though."

I shake my head. "I think I'm good."

When we get to the parking lot, we see Tony and Ziva walking in. I shout their names and they wait for us.

I wait for Melissa to get out of the car. When she gets to my side, I don't take her hand. I notice this after taking a few steps with her, but it doesn't look like she minds.

When we catch up to them, they both look smug.

"So, Ziva just told me the news that she's Melissa's maid of honor."

The girls smile and Melissa goes in to lock arms with her.

"Oh," Ziva looks at Tony and me as Melissa rests her head on Ziva. "I love that I'm her maid of honor of course, but I have no idea what my first task is. Neither does Melissa."

Melissa shakes her head. "Yeah, I was going to look it up, but I got interrupted."

She looks at me and smiles. I smile, back I just wish I could mean it more in this moment.

Tony gives me a suggestive look, but I would do anything for him to keep his mouth shut. Especially, because his idea is most definitely not happening.

"What are you doing first, Tony?" Ziva asks him.

"Well-"

"Tony!"

"Okay." Melissa speaks up. "Since, we're early I have something I have to take care of."

She comes back to me to kiss me. I give her a warm welcome to it.

"See you after work?" She asks.

"Of course."

She walks away. She's had such a busy schedule lately. After our little private session in her office, she put all her sessions in gear. I think it's the phone call she made before we did anything. I never heard her that annoyed before at work.

"Don't worry Probie. I'll keep it on the down low."

Dear lord, what have I gotten myself into?

We start heading inside with Melissa more than gone.

"What do you guys have planned?" Ziva asks annoyed with not being able to put the pieces together.

One question goes through my mind, if I tell her what Tony has planned, will she tell me her plans?