Chapter 20

Melissa's POV:

Work has been fun again. I'm still avoiding certain areas at work to not run into certain people. I know this has to be over soon because this isn't healthy.

I used to walk into work worry free and ready for the day. Now, all I can worry about is whose eyes are on me. What are people thinking when they look in my direction? One thing changed and the next thing I know it feels as if everything and everyone has changed. My life took a turn and I can barely control my emotions at work. I have to act like everything is fine when I think I see someone I don't want to see in the corner of my eye. When in reality, I want to run away and scream.

I have to face it head on. I don't want to be sitting at home or at work alone with these thoughts. I'm constantly worrying when all I want to be doing is have a minute to relax.

I want to be able to walk around with my head held high again. I don't want to feel like I have to turn in the other direction when I see someone. I'm done letting them determine how I live my life.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Tim climbs into bed next to me and joins staring at the ceiling with me.

"Just the usual." Isn't that bad? My fiancé asks me what I'm thinking about and I give him an answer like he's a waiter at my favorite restaurant.

I feel him grab my hand. "When do you think it will be over?"

"Soon." I say confident. "Soon. I promise. I can't do this anymore, so when I approach him, he either tells me everything right then and there, or he keeps it silent for the rest of his life."

He stays quiet because he knows I just need him here right now. I don't need approval or advice. I just need him to be here. Soon, he will be here as my husband. Who knows when that will be?

I've been dealing with so much crap, and he's been here dealing with me deal with it. I don't know how many times I have to tell him and myself that I don't deserve him.

I know he doesn't want to hear it. It's just the truth.

He turns on his side. "Is there anything I can do to help."

"I have a plan in motion." I thought of it right now. All he had to do was be here and he helped me think of it. "I just have to start it and faith it will be done."

I feel his lips peck at my neck. It's one, two, then I can feel his tongue go against me. I can't help but close my eyes to his touch.

I feel his hand raise up into my shirt. This is so much better than thinking.

His hand reaches up to my breasts and he squeezes it. My body reacts and arches.

"How about I take your mind off of it?" He asks as he put his body on top of mine.

He kisses my lips and starts moving them slowly.

I whimper for him to give me more of him. He's only touched me for seconds and I already forgot what I was worrying about.

I help him take his jacket off while I'm still connected to his lips. I unbutton his shirt while he throws the jacket on the ground.

I'm the one to throw his shirt on the floor. I push him on the bed so I'm on top of him.

"Baby." He says as I unbuckle his pants.

I silence him with a kiss as I manage to get a hold of him. I move my hand up and down, for him to breathe heavily into my ear.

"Make me forget." I whisper to him.

I kiss his neck, but faster than what he did to mine. I kiss down to his chest and look up to see his head go back.

Once I reach to where I want to be, I start to tease him the only way I know how. I kiss him on the top, and slowly make my way down.

When I look up, I can see that he's biting his lip. That means what I'm doing is working.

I take him in and feel him in the back of my throat. He's jerking around and thrusting in my mouth.

I can't help but to gag, but I know he likes when I do.

I want to keep going. I want to taste him all the way, but he leans up to bring me on top of him. He lifts me shirt up and forces the shorts I'm wearing off.

Once I get the perfect spot, I rock back and forth on top of him.

"Fuck." I say the second he's inside.

He's leaning up sucking on my breasts.

He moves his hands to rub me where I need him the most. He always knows what to do when he's there.

He grabs my face to make me look at him. "Is this distracting enough?"

He forces my lips to his and I've already forgotten that the world existed.

I start to bounce on top of him and I can feel everything that he's made me feel before. He continues to thrust himself harder even though I'm on top.

"Tim."

He flips me over, so I'm lying on my back. Our bodies are pressed together and he's staring down at me.

"You're so beautiful." He says as he thrusts into me.

I let out a moan, but he shuts me up with his lips. He rocks harder and faster into me and both of our breathing has changed.

"Fuck." I say again as I finish.

I make him kiss me as he's about to and it works. He finishes and lays on top of me. I kiss his head as he catches his breath.

I have to say the sex has gotten better now that we're engaged. We never had sex in my office when we were just dating. I never wore anything while we had sex until this ring came along.

He made me forget everything and I still have. Now that I have him in my arms, I feel safe and feel like it's just us again.

"I love you." I tell him.

I wait a second for him to say it back. I still feel him breathing heavily on top of me. I give it another minute and he adjusts himself to look into my eyes.

"I love you too."