Chapter 97

The Reception

The Reception

"This is why couples that just get married take limos, so they can kiss the whole way to the reception." Tim says as he constantly pecks Melissa's hand while driving.

"I know but we have tonight, and nine days to do that all day."

Tim smirks at her. "Remind me of that again and I'll skip the whole reception."

Melissa giggles and rests her head on his shoulders. "We're married. Handsome is now my husband."

"Baby is now my wife." They smile at each other with love and fulfillment.

"So, you're positive the food is already there?" Tim asks her.

"Yes, they called me before we got to the church, but to hurry up because the candles to keep the food warm might burn the house down."

"Wait what?"

Melissa laughs once again and kisses Tim's hand this time to calm him down from her joke. "Don't worry everything is fine."

When the two pull into their driveway, Melissa turns around in her seat and can tell that the others are confused by the way they start to drive to the side and start parking their cars. Melissa and Tim eagerly get out of the car and stand hand in hand in front of the house.

Everyone gets out of their cars and basically knows what this means.

"Probie, you didn't."

"He did." Melissa says.

Tim smiles down at his wife and is happy to make this announcement finally. "Everyone welcome to the reception and our housewarming party!" Tim and Melissa lead the way, and no one can believe it. Everyone follows them and can't wait to see what the inside holds.

When they enter, the food is lined up on the dining room table, that is fully extended out. Melissa has never seen it that way before, so that's the only surprise besides the food and utensils on the table. The caterers did an amazing job. Tim notices for a second but focus on Melissa's smile.

Melissa turns to everyone and is proud to see that they all have the same look she did when she first saw the house. They're looking around the house and staring at every little detail. That's what Melissa did, and she was also speechless.

"Well, are we going to get a tour of the house?" Tony asks and everyone agrees with him. Except Jack who moves closer to Melissa and the food table.

"Sure," He looks down at Melissa and kisses her on the lips. "I'll be right back, wife." He says with a smirk.

Melissa smiles wide and lets him guide everyone through the house. They didn't have to clean much besides the kitchen that they use multiple times a day.

Melissa doesn't go because she's already saw the reaction that she wanted to see from them.

"Jack." She says as she gives him a hug. "Thank you for everything."