Chapter 17

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

After my private session with Melissa, I was able to think straight again. I was out of Gibbs sight and shared only a few words with the guys.

I'm not sure how to explain what happened in the bathroom today to Melissa. The only words that I did share between the guys was asking them if they can come over tonight. They said yes and I was excited, but also still annoyed. No offense to them, but that freak out was uncalled for. They could have talked to us the second the suspected something or just have not said the things they did. I know Ziva said she worded some things wrong, but that doesn't mean she didn't mean the words she accidentally said.

The point of the whole thing was they think that the two of them should talk. I agree, but I can't force Melissa to speak to him about any of this. She doesn't even know if he has more to say. I mean as far as I know he hasn't told her anything about her biological mother. It's a subject no one has talked about.

I keep replaying Ziva's face when she asked if saying that Gibbs is her biological father is weird. I mean it wasn't that uncomfortable until she pointed it out and made me really think about it.

It hit me hard when she first found out the news, but that wasn't because of the relation. It was because I was thinking about the life that she told me she had. Also, I was thinking about all the lies Gibbs has told us in the past year. I was furious and couldn't believe any of it. Now, I'm confused and it's because of those two.

I saw it in his face for the first time today. I looked at him and saw him as her father. I hated it. It made me more uncomfortable than just saying the phrase.

It left an unsettling feeling in my stomach.

The moment I saw her I remembered who she was and the love I have for her. She isn't Gibbs and she isn't James. She's just Melissa. I forgot that for a second.

When I pull up to the house, I see another car parked behind hers. The car looks familiar to me, I just don't know who it belongs to.

I open the door to the sound of laughter. I see Jack and Melissa talking over a glass of wine. I see two bottles on the table, and one is already about to be gone.

"Babe!" She calls throughout the apartment. She's never called me that before. I don't think the way I pinned her against the wall affected her memory. I don't mind it though.

"Hey, Tim." Jack greets me. He doesn't look as nervous as he was all day when I saw him. He has a genuine smile on his face.

"What's up guys?"

I come over to the table and I'm pleased that the one time I enter a room there's laughter instead of secret talks or tension in the room.

"You guys got back early." I sit in between them and get a glass of wine. I think I deserve one.

"Babe." She calls me again. My face gets all red because I'm not used to it. "Jack bought this and it's so good. He just had it for a special occasion in his car, so we were like, why not?"