Part title

Draupadi touched Arjun's locket with love and pride.It was given by none other than the great Bhishma, she felt proud,Such great achievements in such young age."What happened next? "    She asked.
Arjun continued.  "I showed it to mother who could not believe her eyes.She knows how precious it is for Pitamah.  She hugged me and said. "Phalgun, I can feel your father's pride .He is blessing you my dear, she said in a shaky voice ."Eldest smiled .Bhrata Bheem is so excited as were the twins.
I went to sleep, immensely satisfied keeping my hand posessively on this locket.  More than its existence on my body,I felt proud for living up to the expectations of Pitamah.  
Arjun continued but Draupadi sensed a certain gloom in his voice.  "What happened "She questioned him,eagerly.
Arjun said "Early in the morning when I am about to leave for my archery practice,Mother came to me.Her face is serious.I asked her what happened. She came closer and placed her hand on my head.  "Phalgun,give the locket to your Eldest."She said in a fixed tone.I was shocked.I persisted."But mother,Grand father gave it,he will feel bad. "
No phalgun, he will be convinced.But give it to your Eldest. "She stretched out her hand.
I still stood stupefied.
Mother looked into my eyes.  "Did I not tell you in your childhood itself, that what ever precious gift you brothers get,it should first be offered to Eldest? " she questioned me.
Draupadi's head started reeling.She listened to Arjun with a kind of realisation dawning in her mind.  
Arjun continued."I silently gave it to mother and went for my practice. When I came back for breakfast,I saw Eldest with that locket round his neck.
.Mother avoided looking into my eyes.   In the afternoon,Grand father observed that Eldest is wearing it. He called me and enquired.  I told him I myself found it inconvenient to wear as I always am on the move either practicing or battling,so I asked Eldest to wear it. 
But grand father did not accept my explanation.He called mother  and ordered her to keep it back with me. Mother tried to convince him saying that it will be safe with yuvaraj Yudhishtir. 
Grand father curtly told her that it belongs not to a king but to Hastinapur's commander in chief.I pass on my responsibility to Arjun.Kunti ,this is not a mark of power.It is a mark of valour.  " He firmly stated.
That night mother gave it back to me and said "Phalgun,keep this token of love that Pitamah had for you. Don't ever remove it. "I looked at Eldest who indicated his approval.
Poor grand father, He felt that he can share his burden of protection of Hastinapur with me,Little did he know about the conspiracy of Sakuni and Duryodhan.  Arjun's eyes are filled with pain remembering his Pita mah. 
Draupadi looked at him absorbed in thoughts.What did mother kunti say? That any precious thing is to be offered to Yudhishtir first? So that is the reason behind this extraordinary marriage!Allthis while Draupadi wondered why Yudhishtir did not inform mother Kunti of Arjun's victory!So this is the reason for that peculiar decision regarding her marriage to all the five. 
Draupadi looked at Arjun who was lost in his memories of his Pitamah. She touched his shoulder."Immersed in Malava princess Arya's thoughts?Even after hearing my confession? "She asked putting an innocent face.
Arjun possessively gathered her in his arms.He bent down to her and said in his charming way,,No one can take krishnaa's place Don't believe me? " he questioned.
Draupadi nodded her head and changed the topic. " What happened to Govind,Why they are not coming yet? "Draupadi wondered.
Arjun looked deeply into her eyes.  "Yes it is too late they should have come by now. Madhav should understand how difficult it is to be in the presence of such breath taking beauty. " Arjun instantly said looking deep into her eyes. Draupadi understood his inner meaning and could not look into his eyes. Every part of her body and soul longed to hear more such  words from her beloved Arjun.