Part 175

Satya started "Whose gift is the most precious? "
Arjun turned to her and answered. Now don't create trouble among them. Let them cherish what they got ,I hope they are satisfied with them. He then walked out with Krishna following him as Satya looked on pondering over whether she got her answer or not. Panchali took her children and came back to her chamber with Malini. Kirti and Pragati are in deep sleep. She kissed them lightly and adjusted them properly on the bed and in the jhoola.
She then took her gift in her hands and looked at that unique piece with a smile. It is the first time she smiled after her mood got disturbed by Yudhishtir's words. Arjun again won her heart by confessing his deep love not in words but in action. He definitely overcame his inhibition and revealed his heart.
His other wives may realise it or not  he touched her heart yet again. She remembered Govind's words that her supra physical entity will belong to Arjun only even if she is shared by others.
Panchali took the jasmines that she abandoned and placed them in her hair. I love you Arjun come back to me, she uttered those words with passion and then remembered how she behaved with him in the evening when he came to relax with Pragati.Panchali's face lost its glow . She desperately addressed him who is not there. Where are you Arjun? Where did you go? ...
Arjun is with Subhadra . He remembered his mother's words that he should not neglect Panchali and Subhadra in the wake of the arrival of his new wives. As Abhi is waiting for him to complete the story he started,he went to Subhadra's chamber. Subhadra is on cloud 9. She very much liked Panchali's. Mang Ka Teeka and got disappointed when Arjun said it is a unique piece. Now her wish is fulfilled . She rewarded Arjun by hugging him close after Abhi slept. How cute it is and how cute is your love for me..She wondered happily.
The next day is Pragati's naming ceremony that did not happen on the twenty first day. Dhaumya fixed the muhurat  when  the time is auspicious for her.
We already fixed her name as Pragati then why to do the formality again? Arjun argued.
Kunti enlightened him. Only when you write it on sacred rice the name could be connected to her.
Arjun did not know the reaction of his wife over his gift. He stayed with Subhadra the previous night. As the time to pronounce the name is late in the morning before lunch ,Arjun attended his daily routine without fail. After his practice he went to his grand father to enquire every thing is fine for him as is his custom .
Then his father in law called him over and gave him beautiful silk garments . Dhrisht sent these with Satyajit's son. Are they fine with you? He asked. Arjun smiled on seeing his fatherin law's concern. Why not? My brother in law took much pain and sent them . I cherish them heartfully. He said.
He then went to His mother who asked him not to go any where on any work. Kunti advised him. Now you are a father of a daughter also. Learn to be responsible.
Arjun teased her. Who will bring her up as a daughter? I want her to be like a son. Kunti scolded him. Still not satisfied with sons? Let Pragati be a daughter not a son. I want even Alli to get a daughter. But Raajavaidyaa feels she may get twins. Arjun wondered at that. What a miraculous Union he had with her that  followed by son or daughter or both.

Just then Panchali entered with Pragati. Arjun took his daughter who is looking like an angel.Panchali made her look too cute that day. She dressed her up in baby pink colour and her Tilak is in oval shape. Arjun side glanced Panchali. She wore light pink with half white border with silver worked up choli that suited her perfectly. The mang ka tieeka worn on her hair parting made her face too beautiful. And the Sindur she put there is it from the gift box? He had no clue .

The naming ceremony went on well with the daughter of Arjun and Draupadi officially named Pragati. The wives of Arjun envied the mother who blissfully held her beautiful daughter in her lap.
Rekha confessed. I don't mind having another baby if it is a girl. Alli remarked. Of course she is cute. But I would like a son better. Arya supported Rekha. Really a daughter provides immense satisfaction for the parents. Like my father who says he doesn't mind not having a son.
Chitra held the same view. I cherish a son but after seeing Pragati I wish I had a daughter .
Ulupi taunted her. So planning for a daughter started already? Chitra blushed and reprimanded Ulupi with her eyes. Rekha asked Alli. Is it true that Raaja Vaidyaa predicted twins for you? Alli 's face turned red. I  don't know. She must have told Maata. She said.
Subhadra stared at Alli and wondered. How fortunate Alli is to have both at once. That also the way she came into Arjun's life, Subhadra always found what he had done objectionable. She felt Alli's stubborn behaviour only made Arjun take the root that may put a black mark on his spotless character.

Priyamvada brought Pragati to Arjun's wives to get their blessings.All of them heartfully blessed the baby in turns.Satya whispered in Panchali's ears. How did you like the gift given by Arjun? Are you happy with it? Did he come to you after that? Panchali curbed her enthusiasm by simply nodding her head as she knew Arjun is observing them both.