Part 195

As Ulupi walked out she crossed Arjun who is coming towards Panchali's mansion.Arjun is in shock seeing Ulupi at Panchali's place at that time of the night.
He stopped with a question mark on his face .Ulupi moved nearer to him and said. I unfolded the reality of that night before Panchal princess. It is essential.

Ulupi walked away leaving a bewildered Atjun whose face showed his anxiety as he knew how much pain it would have caused  to his Krishnaa. He went inside and found her in a pathetic position.

Panchali still is in the same position with head in her knees.Her shoulders are shaking indicating her uncontrolled sorrow. Arjun stood still in a daze. He knew how deep his Krishnaa must have sank into the ocean of past memories.

It takes so much time and effort to get her back to normalcy. Arjun slowly sat beside her and placed his hand on her shoulder. Panchali looked up with swollen eyes and in one go hugged him in her close embrace.
Keeping her head on his heart she stammered.Forgive me Arjun,I couldn't understand your grief.I was too absorbed in my sorrow that I became blind to acknowledge your feelings. But why did you do that?

She forcefully dug her nails into his shoulders and repeated. Why Arjun? Why were you silent? Why didn't you protest? Why are we the victims of that cruel fate? Panchali broke down.

Why can't I be like your other wives? Why can't you possess me always? ...Arjun did not answer.

He had tears in his eyes. Ulupi's  self defence and her immense love for him resulted in rejuvenating the pain of  Panchali,to such an extent that simple words may not get back her composure.

He sat on the floor,kept his head on her lap and circled her waist tightly with his arms. The moon, the Rohini star, the gentle breeze,the jasmines,the Jhoola  became the witnesses of the grief filled hearts that belonged to the greatest archer and the most beautiful woman.

After a while Arjun felt Panchali's hands in his hair softening the curls with undeterred love that brought back hope and peace into his whole being.

Krishnaa,Forgive me,He pleaded with her looking into those eye lotuses that had the Kajal wiped off due to her tears. Panchali pulled him up and placed him on her his huge form covering her svelte figure completely.

She clasped his neck posessively and whispered in her sweet voice. Don't you take your reward from your queen? Her charming husband hid his face in her heart as is his habit and answered. Waiting since ages. Not satisfied yet. Be ready to float in the ocean of my passion!
.The jasmines nodded their heads in relief. The breeze blew over them. Chandrama smiled at Rohini. The love always prevails. The love wins forever against all odds. Rohini smiled back making Chandrama mesmerised .