Part 196

Indra Prasth got up with excitement as The Great Dronacharya who trained their Raj Kumar Arjun to become the greatest warrior on earth is gracing Indraprasth. They know the story of Arjun's Gurudakhina  followed by The Fish Target Victory. So they are curious to see The Acharya and his son Aswathama.

Arjun made all the preparations to welcome him with Purnkumbh. The Brahmins under the leadership of Dhaumya waited at the outskirts. Grandfather Bhishm is too excited as he considered Drona as one of the well wishers of Kuru clan and the architect of the excellence of his grand children especially Arjun.
The moment finally arrived and Drona descended from the chariot. Arjun and Krishna went forward followed by Bheem and Sahadev.As Arjun touched his Guru's feet he could see moisture in his eyes. He pulled him up and blessed. May you live for hundreds of years and your fame as the Best live forever. He blessed.
He then acknowledged Krishna who folded his hands.Govind,take my salutation for making the Pandava Empire the most Formidable in Aryavarth. I know you contributed a lot towards their glory. Drona said with admiration.

Krishna smiled and retorted. Don't undermine your contribution Guru Dron. The live example is before you in the form of Parth. He said. Bheeshm greeted Dron and stated with pride. You will see the way your disciples developed a barren Khandav into Indraprasth.

As they moved forward Drona faced his friend cum rival Drupad who greeted him with a glowing face. Welcome to Indraprasth . The most prosperous kingdom in Aryavarth. He said with a wry smile.
Dron folded his hands and remarked. Finally we met at last. Drupad  countered. Of course we have to meet here as per our destiny. You may feel elated on seeing the glory of Indraprasth the outcome of the outstanding achievements of my son in law.
Dron smiled with sarcasm. You son in law is my desciple first. I hope you won't forget it. Bheeshm intervened.
I hope you will give me credit because he is my grandson first.
Arjun desperately looked at Krishna who went forward and commented. All you three are right in your own way . But you have to compete with me and his seven wives . Every one laughed at his light hearted ness and proceeded to the Royal mansion.
Gurumata blessed Pandavas and hugged Arjun with tears of joy. Not even one day is spent by your Gurudev without praising your achievements. She said. Aswathama met Arjun politely and said. My father is too anxious to see your Gandiv. Me too .
Arjun smiled and replied. Sure. But first relax after your tedious journey. He took them to their rest houses and attended on them personally.
After a while Gurumata met Kunti and Gandhari in Kunti's chamber. Panchali  Subhadra and other wives of Arjun touched her feet. Kunti happily greeted her. Finally you came here at least to be present at Rajasuya.
Gurumata immediately refuted her word. Who told you I came for Rajasuya? I came to meet all the wives of Arjun together with their children. I desperately want to see Pragati, Arjun and Draupadi's daughter.

Gandhari felt happy and asked Panchali to bring Pragati. Panchali gave Pragati to Gurumata who is thrilled.Arjun's eyes and remaining every thing Bahulike. She blessed the baby again and again.

The second day celebrations of Abhi's birthday continued. Subhadra made Abhi exactly look like Krishna. With yellow dhoti and morepankh. Abhi resembled his mama and Krishna's wives Lakshana and Nila presented a ballad on Krishna's childhood making Abhi do Krishna's role.
Abhi enjoyed doing his mama's exploits on stage and  followed Satya's instructions perfectly.
Panchali took Kajal from her eyes and marked the black Teeka near Abhi's ear. The children enjoyed so much and danced in the end. Ulupi observed Panchali's face still bearing the stress of previous night.

Did she do a mistake in going to her? She is worried. She waited for an opportunity to ask Arjun but he is busy with his guests and Krishna. Arjun finally got a private moment with Krishna when they are proceeding to bring Gandiv. He told him the incident of previous nite. Madhav, Again Krishnaa is shattered reminiscing the past events. Ulupi shouldn't have met her I feel ,he said with concern.
Krishna did not agree. Don't find fault with Ulupi. After a point she felt she could not take Panchali's hatred towards her. She in fact redeemed Panchali from incurring sin by hating an innocent one like her. And she helped you by clearing Panchali's misconceptions about your breaking celibacy. You should thank Ulupi Parth. Panchali has the strength to recover not on her own but with your love.
Arjun nodded in agreement. Madhav, why am I not able to analyse everything like you? What would have happened to me without you? Krishna laughed.
Now put a full stop to your Whys. I promise I will never leave you. I will stand by you even when you are unable to extend your help to Krishnaa. Did she get the dream again? He asked.
Arjun again is confused. Why can't he help his Krishnaa? What will happen to her? He wanted to question Krishna but dropped his idea as they entered the royal chamber where Dron,Aswathama,Drupad,Bheeshm, Yudhishtir and Bheem are waiting for them. For Gandiv.

They stepped in and Drupad alerted Dron. Don't try to lift Gandiv. Except Arjun and Krishna none can hold it.
Dron replied with sarcasm. Thanks for your advice. You must be telling out of personal experience.
Krishna smiled while Arjun tried to change their attitude with his trademark charm by exhibiting Gandiv in all its splendour. Dron could not believe his eyes. Such huge bow with great finishing and beautiful designs on it. Arjun let him touch it and feel the divinity.
Dron praised Arjun. You deserve this. You exceeded all my expectations. Well done Arjun.
But Krishna's Parth is too humble. Whatever I achieved ,I attribute to your training Gurudev he said folding his hands. Drupad admired his Gurubhakti. Really An example  he set. My son in law is one in millions. He started.
My desciple has no equal at all. Dron continued.
Krishna admitted Panchali with Pragati to stop their arguments. And Panchali curiously looked at her father and his guru . She then looked at Arjun and smiled to herself. Tough times for him. Not only he has to handle his wives but now his fatherin law and his teacher. She handed over Pragati to Arjun and returned to see the arrangements for dinner. As she is passing through the garden path she crossed Ulupi who stopped and said. Please forgive me if I hurt you .