Part 167

Arjun and Krishna walked in the moonlight. They came out of the worship place and relaxingly walked in the garden around Mayasabha. Arjun gazed at the huge monumental wonder and asked Krishna.
Why did you ask Maya to create this? You know my nature. Do you think I cherish such illusional crea tions. I am satisfied if Maya hugged me and said, this is my token of love. Krishna pressed his hand. I know your taste. But your brother should have a rare Sabha that attracts the guests of Rajasuya. Especially your cousins will enjoy this .

Krishna winked and Arjun retorted. You think Duryothan and his uncle enjoy this? He would envy over such precious piece of mystery. Krishna agreed. Quite possible. But what could the poor Duryothan do? Every one at Hastinapur appreciate you Pandavas,His wife earnestly wished to marry you. How could he forget?

Arjun sighed. Madhav, I wonder how Sri Ram of Treta yug followed Eka patni vrat? In Dwapar yug we are thrown into such circumstances that tempts us to marry multiple times. Krishna explained. Those days princesses are not allowed to chose on their own. Now they can. Case in point Kalindi, Arya Rukmini ,Rekha...
Arjun stopped him.Now don't remind me the number. I am already frustrated. With whom shall I spend now? Mata pushed me into a precarious position. Where is the necessity to call all of them together? Krishna laughed at him. Let us write the names on chits and make Abhi pick them every day. Arjun is desperate . Now that only is left. Madhav you take everything so lightly. How do you manage that many wives at a time? At least you should guide me properly. On top of it your Satya is always waiting to create trouble for me. I also will see how she is going to prove whom I like the most.

As they reached the dining chamber Sahadev came and informed. Eldest is waiting for you both. He wishes to discuss something after dinner. Krishna asked. What is the matter? Eldest is worried about moving forward with Rajasuya. He is having nightmares that there will be gloom at the end of the sacrifice.

Arjun looked at Krishna's face. He was calm and cool as usual. As they entered inside Satya approached them and enquired. Suddenly where did you disappear? Arjun, you must be afraid of my challenge. Relax, I won't put you in trouble. Arjun shrugged his shoulders. Don't think too much of yourself. I am not bothered about your silly challenges. He declared. Satya pouted and said. Wait and watch.
Bheem called them and asked them to sit for dinner. Panchali is holding Pragati. Bheem has experimented a new sweet that day and he very much wished to have the appreciation of every body. He said then he would order his cooks to make it on a larger scale at the time of Rajasuya. As he served the sweet to every one Satya asked Kunti she will make an announcement.
Kunti agreed. She knew Satya lightens up the atmosphere and is all fun. As only family members are there she asked her to proceed. Satya clapped her hands and announced. All of you listen,since this is an occasion to honour Arjun's wives I would like to ask him to share his sweet with the lady he loved the most. Krishna smiled at Satya and patted Arjun, Satya warned Krishna,No suggestions my lord, Arjun looked at his wives who are tensed up.
Every one is curious ly looking on. Panchali tried to overcome her tension.what will Arjun do now? Is the question before everyone. Even Yudhishtir is looking at Arjun and Nakul commented. Bhrata be careful, you may lose the favour of six if you chose one. Bheem remarked. I never thought my sweet will land you in trouble Arjun,Every one laughed. Krishna's wives are eagerly looking on. Arjun stood up defiantly. He took the sweet and passed by his wives who were made to sit in a row by Satya. Panchali stood at the end. As Arjun passed by Each wife felt disappointed and lastly he came to Panchali, who bent her face holding Pragati tightly. She is aware of the other Pandavs watching Arjun's moves. Arjun stopped behind Panchali and then crossed her. Panchali sighed in relief.
Arjun approached Kunti and hugged her . She is sitting just away from Panchali. He made her eat the sweet and asked. How is it Mata? Everyone was shocked and Satya shouted. That is cheating Arjun,I asked you to give it to...
Arjun stopped her and smiled, You said I should share this with the lady I loved the most. And she is the lady I loved the most. Kunti had tears in her eyes , she kissed him on his forehead and got emotional.
Everyone clapped at Arjun's smartness as he is able to pick the correct way to get out of trouble. Krishna cheered him loudly and applauded. Well done Parth, he told Satya, Better luck next time dear,...

Kunti solved Arjun's problem. She told her Bahus that he will spend time with them in the order in which he married them. She also said that he should not ignore Panchali and Subhadra and after every two days he should meet Panchali and Subhadra in turns. And that arrangement gave Ulupi first chance to spend time with her husband after a long time . She waited for him in anticipation of reciprocation of love and passion that she very much desired.