Part 187

After Priyamvada left Kunti asked Arjun. Are you happy now? Do your work without any disturbance . But tomorrow you have to convince Alli to stay back. Arjun nodded his head. Why should he challenge that they can submit the accounts in one day. Still so much is left to look into. And with Pragati and Kirti, his wife may not be of that much help for him.Arjun came out and as he turned towards the Royal palace,he came across Ulupi.
Arjun stopped and asked. you also have some message for me? There is a little bit of sarcasm in his voice
. Ulupi replied with an understanding smile. No. I don't want anything right now . And I know you are too busy. Arjun had a relieved feeling and walked ahead, Ulupi called from behind. But I assume you remember that I have an advantage over them . Arjun raised his eyebrows. But immediately sensed the inner meaning of her words. He came back,smiled his charming smile and took her chin in his hand. How can I forget that? But I know you are sensible enough not to use it now.
Ulupi smiled and said. Of course anytime but not now. I understand. She moved ahead leaving Arjun amazed at her dignified beauty. ...
All the wives of Arjun except Panchali received Kunti's instructions. All of them have to come to the lake that is inside the royal garden. In the evening there will be a Dipotsav in honour of Mata Katyayani. The Bahus have to do Katyayani puja and leave their Diyas into the water. They have to leave Diyas in intervals and offer Payasann,and different Prasads to the Goddess. They should eat before mid  night and leave for their abodes but should stay away from getting close to their husband. ...Kunti sent wonderful new silk sarees to them in yellow colour. Subhadra would do the main puja as Panchali is with small baby and got an exemption.
All the Bahus first got disappointed but then are excited on seeing the ornaments and beautiful yellow saree. They became busy with their preparations for the puja. Arjun kept Draupadi's officers with him in his private chamber and started his work.By evening he almost arrived at the correct figures related to overall expenditure that comes under Panchali's purview.
Now they should be rechecked by Panchali and the amount he spent on construction to be added to that.Still Three four hours work is pending which can not be done without Panchali. Arjun sighed. He doesn't want to give her stress but the last phase is inevitable. ...

Kunti met Yudhishtir in the evening at the worship chamber and asked. Eldest why did you order Bahu to submit the accounts in one day? Where is the necessity? You know how difficult it is for her with Pragati. Still much time is left for Rajasuy. ...Yudhishtir questioned. Don't you know that she alone won't manage Finance? Your third son is there to look after everything. And he is the one who challenged he can do it in one day.
Kunti said. But in this there is no fault of Bahu. She would take stress I feel.
Yudhishtir asked with a wry smile. Don't you have confidence in your Phalgun's ability? Or Dont you believe the fact that he won't allow her to take stress? Relax Mata,You will see what happens tomorrow.

Kunti kept silent. Gandhari who listened to their conversation felt happy. On this pretext they can be together again. Before leaving for Panchali's chamber after dinner,Arjun visited the lake where his wives along with Krishna's wives are doing Deepotsav. Both Krishna and Arjun stood at a distance and observed the colourful ambience.

Satya is not doing Puja but along with Rukmini she is looking after the arrangements. Only she is aware of Panchali's dilemma . She blamed Arjun before Krishna. Your Parth is full of attitude. Why should he take the challenge?Krishna gave her a smile in reply.Arjun extended his warm feeling to all his wives who look like Devine maidens and made them happy. He then told Krishna and left for Panchali's chamber .

He thanked his mother in his heart.She solved his problem instantly. As he entered Panchali's place ,she is desperately waiting for him.What happened? Still how much is left? She enquired.
Kirti slept but Pragati is still awake. Arjun took his baby to pool up his energy and said. Don't worry. We can do it together. As he played with her,Panchali started checking her accounts. She found every thing perfect but some entries are missing as per her knowledge.
That is why the  Grand Total is not tallying up And on top of it Arjun's construction expenditure is still to be added in detail. She got reeling feeling and as Pragati is to be fed she told Arjun. You  do it. I will join.

Arjun placed the figures before him and as is his habit he forgot the surroundings and immersed in his work.Panchali  took her time to feed Pragati and made her sleep,in Jhoola.

Then she changed her self into lighter clothes and took care especially to choose them as her husband is there. She wore a light blue lehenga and milk white choli ,took of all her ornaments except the nose ring and mang ka Teeka .
She doesn't know why she is in a relaxing mood as her cowives are busy with their worships and can not claim him. She hesitated a moment but then placed jasmines in her hair.

Finally wearing the Sindur from her Gift box She approached Arjun. He is too absorbed in his work and didn't even acknowledge her presence. To his satisfaction,he found out the missing entries and tallied the Grand Total.And he is already half way through his construction details.
Panchali got disappointed and placed her hand on his shoulder and leaned on to him. Arjun,she called with all her love and passion. No response from her workaholic husband . She lied down nearest and stared at his face. Arjun observed her and smiled. He started explaining the details which she should know as his Eldest may ask her in particular. Panchali gazed at his hazel eyes,the sharp nose,the luscious lips,the pointed chin,the curly hair falling on his eyes, the bow marks on his shoulders,the husky voice Arjun suddenly raised his eyes and asked. Krishnaa you followed till now?