Part 165

Arjun could not go to Chitra as he promised. He was asked to conduct a meeting with his army officers and finalise the list of rulers and territories to be invited  for Rajasuya on priority basis. The high profile guests should be invited in advance and their rest houses are to be erected around Khandav forest with regard to their status. Maya who was saved by Arjun during Khandav Dahan is at his service. He is still not satisfied by gifting Mayasabha to Arjun. His life  was saved by Arjun from none other than Krishna, the supposed God incarnate. So nothing is enough to  show his gratitude. Grand father Bhishma and Maharaj Drupad are giving suggestions to Arjun regarding the arrangements of  the guests. Sahadev has to take care of the actual Yajna arrangements and the sages that are to be invited .

Maharishi Vedvyas will come after a month and he will guide Sahadev in making the yajnasala and other things. As excepted Bheem is the in charge of Food  and Serving assisted by Panchali and Vijaya. Nakul has to be with the King and look after his requirements and handle the charities.

Arjun got immersed in his work till late evening and succeeded in making a rough estimate of the guests of different status . Krishna spent time with his wives in Subhadra's chamber and entertained them with the way he and Arjun achieved Madhurai kingdom.. But he added in the end. Don't ever demean or misunderstand Alli Rani. She is a dignified lady with great self respect
. Satya questioned.Why did you then  make Arjun follow that way?
Krishna replied patiently. I already told you the reason. Satya,Any way now she is fine with the status of Arjun's wife . Subhadra ridiculed. Who won't  enjoy being his wife? She is full of attitude. I never think she can be an ideal wife or Bahu.Krishna smiled at his sister, She is Alli Rani Bhadra, that much attitude is quite natural but thanks to my sakhi, She became sensible.

Satya is in shock. Why did Panchali go to convince her? If Alli is the queen,She is the Empress.
Rukmini said softly. She must have gone there not as an empress but as Arjun's wife who must have known him better than any one else. And she did a good thing. I found Alli perfect . She should be given time to mould herself into The Bahu of Pandavaclan.

Krishna appreciated Rukmini with a loving glance that made her blush. Subhadra hugged her and expressed her love. She literally was brought up by Rukmini like her own daughter. Abhi enjoyed having all his  maamis around. He told them with attitude. You know my sister ? She is Pragati. I won't allow any one to touch her except my grand mother. Satya smilingly taunted. See the face and attitude. Arjun's replica.
Abhi heard the mention of his father and started. Mama where is Pitasri? Subhadra proudly explained. He can't stay more than an hour without seeing his father if he is in  Indra prasth.

Chitra  who just finished  her make up looked into the mirror with satisfaction. Before dinner Kunti arranged a formal ashirwad ceremony for all bahus and grandsons. She asked  them to come in traditional wear. Chitra  who usually likes to dress up in simple manner  took special care to look good as competition is tough. She wore a navy blue silk saree with nice worked up choli that was given to her by her mother in law .
She looked beautiful in her fairer skin with her hair perfectly done in a knot by her personal maids who came from Manipur. Her son who is two years old already was taken to worship chamber by her maids.She thought of going to ulupi's chamber and accompany her as she is her friend. As she is giving final touches to her face,she saw Arjun's image in mirror. Chitra turned back and saw him smiling at her. He looked fresh  and  handsome with his familiar charm dominating Chitra's anger and making her captivated by his presence.
Now you got time to visit me? She questioned trying to project herself hurt .Arjun came nearer and complemented. You look gorgeous . Mata certainly knows what suits her Bahus the best.
Chitra sulked. You are praising your mother or me? By the way even after all these years of separation,you don't want to spend time with me? Arjun replied honestly. I do wish to be with you. But you know suddenly Eldest ordered me to ...Chitra stopped him in the middle and approached him. I  don't want to hear any pretext.Try to spend as much time as possible. She firmly stated.
Arjun took her in his arms and said. I promise. Chitra felt thrilled to be in his arms and pulled him closer. Arjun, your daughter is too cute. I wish I had a daughter. Chitra admitted fondly.
Arjun smiled. Your wish is my command. We should plan for that. Chitra understood his amorous hint and blushed deeply. Arjun hugged her closer and kissed her. Chitra forgot all her complaints and enjoyed her husband's togetherness. ...
All the bahus started gathering in the large hall adjacent to worship room .  Arya is the first to reach there and  saw Panchali looking after preparations for the Pooja that is meant for Durga katyayani. Each Bahu will be given a separate  Pooja space with a small golden image of the Goddess in the simhasan.The main puja space is as usual is for Panchali as per Kunti's wish. Arya started helping Priyamvada and Panchali
. She is observing  Panchali who is in the simplest attire, a light blue silk saree elevating her dark complexion. Arya never saw such beautiful hair done in single plait with a big garland of jasmines hanging down. She has the mang ka Teeka given by Arjun that complemented her beautiful face.
Arya could not control her feelings. She heard so much about the most beautiful princess of Aryavarth and she is actually witnessing before her eyes simple yet ravishing Panchali. You look more beautiful than I heard. Arya praised her. Panchali smiled and reciprocated. But you look like Goddess herself. You are a great devotee. I did not reach that stage yet.
Kunti came there and felt too happy to see Arya there. She has a special place for her as she did vrat for her Phalgun. She enquired Malini who just came there with Pragati. Where is Phalgun? Malini replied. He is with princess Chitrangada. Panchali bit her lip and looked at Arya to see if she is hurt. No she is so calm and unperturbed. Kunti selected different colours for her Bahus. She gave Arya red saree and Arya looked like Umaparvati in that.
Kunti took Pragati and asked about Kirti. Priyamvada replied. At the moment he is playing in the outer chamber with Abhi and others but if he remembers his mother he  won't stay there. ...

Arjun told Chitra to come  with Ulupi and Rekha to the worship chamber. He went to Krishna and as usual Satya accompanied him. Why can't you go with Rukmini Didi Subhadra and others? He confronted her.
Satya nodded her head and replied defiantly. Why should I? I will go with my husband only. By the way  would you fulfill my wish Arjun? I will tell you later. She said mischevously.
Arjun looked at Krishna who shrugged his shoulders indicating ignorance. As they proceeded , Arjun whispered in Krishna's ears. Every one will be there. He Madhav what shall I do? Krishna laughed and retorted. Just be yourself. That is enough. Follow me. ...

The Puja is a visual treat for those who watched Kunti's Bahus in colourful attires doing puja with devotion. Arjun and Krishna sat with Grand father who is holding Arjun's daughter. He liked the little baby too much. Arjun I will take her with me . She will grow up there,he said. Arjun placed his head on his shoulder and said take me also, we both will enjoy with her. He kissed his daughter who is ever cheerful and stays with every one unlike Kirti.
His eyes searched for Panchali who is doing puja at the main worship place with Kirti beside her ,his head on her lap. He smiled  at that sight and turned his eyes to his other wives. Ulupi is there sitting right to Panchali,beautiful in a majanta colour saree . He remembered the single night spent with her ,his hesitation,her passion,she is the one who literally made him taste conjugal bliss. Ulupi suddenly looked up and smiled at him. Arjun wondered. How did she know that he is looking at her? Truly  Ulupi is the mysterious maiden with magical powers. He smiled back and turned his head to Rekha,the dearest sister of Vasuki.
She is in dark green saree that enhanced her beauty. He spent only a little time with her but understood her immense love for him. She and Ulupi did not bring their sons. Arjun thought he should properly take care of her. She may not demand his time like Chitra.
He then watched his overtly expressive Chitra sitting left to Panchali and doing Puja. And where is Subhadra? Krishna's sister sat just behind Panchali wearing an orange colour saree that glorified her cuteness. She is seriously doing puja occasionally glancing at whom? He wondered. It is Alli. Sitting at the right side of Subhadra.
Alli wore an yellow saree that looked perfect on her golden complexion. Arjun wondered.how could she sit so calm submissive ! it is in contrast to what he saw in Madhurai, There she is Alli Rani,the queen. Here she is The Bahu of Kunti Mata.
Arjun thanked his fate for making Alli change her stand. No, he should thank some one else. His Krishnaa, he looked at her doing puja seriously looking every inch the most beautiful lady of Aryavarth,who saved his reputation, He ardently looked at her with love and Yajnaseni felt his gaze on her. She raised her lotus eyes and smiled ,her enchanting smile,reserved only for him and no one else.