Part126

Panchali looked deep into his hazel eyes. Arjun locked his eyes with those lotus eyes. Neither of them spoke. It was like time stopped suddenly. As they remained lost in each other, series of incidents floated in their mind beginning with the swayamvar . Years passed by. But Arjun could not overcome his guilt for making his wife lead an extremely difficult life far different from any girl who would lead a life free from the tension of pleasing not one but five husbands. But his Krishnaa survived the tension and emerged stronger  by each passing day. But Arjun very much knew how much effort she had put to make the decision of Kunti and the Eldest Pandav work positively without any kind of displeasure from any of them. She tolerated her cowives especially Subhadra who lives regally with Arjun in his mansion. Her unconditional love for Abhi proves her endearing selfless nature . Now Indraprasth is everyone's envy. All the kings of Aryavarth feel jealous on seeing the prosperous  secured kingdom that emerged on par with Hastinapur within a short period. If he is responsible for bringing prosperity she is responsible for maintaining the abundant treasure along with the Royal palace itself. Why did she do all this? She could have relaxed like all her cowives and enjoyed her life. He knew the answer. The reason is her love for him. The day he  won her,that moment onwards she lived in him,sharing every sorrow and happiness like a true wife do. When he kept quiet at the time of the decision to share her with his brothers she understood he would never go against his Eldest and mother. She offered herself totally to him and followed him without raising a question. For his sake she accepted to be the common wife and endured everything.Would any one love him this much?All his wives love him madly but Panchali lives for him. The child they are expecting now would have come before their eyes had the fate  not played a different game with both of them. Now finally his Krishnaa is gifting him the symbol of their love.Arjun got tears in his eyes. He saw the same tears in his krishnaa's eyes. As he touched her forehead with his his tears fell down and mixed up with her tears.
Panchali suppressed a sob ,not desiring to intensify her husband's pain. Arjun composed himself and smiled ". Why are you so dull on this special occasion? We should celebrate the arrival of our daughter,no?
He said as if he knew a daughter is on the way. Draupadi raised her beautiful eyebrows. Why do you say so ? It will be a son for me. She said firmly.
Arjun disagreed. Enough of sons. Let us have a daughter who looks cute and dashing like you and me.
Panchali disliked the idea. No I want a son like Abhi. She confirmed.
Arjun is in no mood to oblige. A daughter with all your beauty and my brains.
Panchali sulked. You mean I don't have brains? Who is looking after your ever flourishing treasury?
Arjun agreed. Of course you do with final input from me.
Draupadi pushed him away and feigned anger. Arjun  took her face in his hands and pleaded. Now don't spoil your mood. See how much I did to arrange this by bribing Malini to  make the maids sleep away from this place .
Draupadi laughed at his words. So that is why not even one of my maids is seen around. Great. Arjun,I will punish Malini for accepting your bribe. By the way what did you give?
Arjun smiled at her curiosity. Not much, only the golden bracelet I brought from Manivarth. But this night is worth more than any jewels or diamonds thrown together.Draupadi blushed at his ardent and loving looks that pervaded her whole existence and made her feel his intense love.

Arjun pulled her closer and said. I feel like I am touching you for the first time. You look like the new bride every time I take you in my arms. What is your secret? You should tell.
His magnificent voice has the charm to get her mesmerised wherever she is, whatever she does. That moonlit nite with its cool breeze is blew  his curls to cover his eyes and made Yajnaseni drool over him..
She pushed his curls from his face and thought "Abhi got the same curly hair. Now I wish my son also possess such luscious hair. "Arjun smiled bewitchingly and said. "Don't worry he will get. But next time. Now my daughter will inherit your beautiful hair. I am sure of it. "
Draupadi bit her lower lip and looked into his eyes lovingly. How fascinating life is with him !A rare combination of valour,beauty,good physique and mesmerising voice ! Specially the way he makes love any girl would like to die in his arms. She is partially lucky to have him as her husband but can spend only a limited spell ,not more than that. Before her eyes become sad Arjun who is following every thought of her hugged her close and whispered. "My dearest Krishnaa our association is for a lifetime. No rules or norms can separate our souls . Who can restrict our love that is eternal? It is sasvat, Anant and Atulaniya.(permanent,infinite,unparalleled.) Don't feel depressed. Remember Madhav's words. We two belong to each other. Now let us drown in the ocean of our love for each other. "
Arjun kissed her on her chin and on her beautiful neck . He touched her waist to feel his child and Yajnaseni placed her hand on his and made him trace the symbol of their love together. She closed her eyes in supreme bliss and thought. Finally she is able to make the symbol of their love take a beautiful form in the coming months. She,his first wife and first love will certainly gift him his son like his other wives did.Panchali hugged Arjun closely and posessively. Let any one say any thing. Let him have his other wives and she her other husbands. But the love of Arjun and Draupadi will be felt by lovers of all Yugas.