Part title

Draupadi  hesitatingly asked.  Shall I ask you something?                                                                       
Arjun pressed her hand with his and sulked. "By now I hoped you would believe in me and understand my feelings for you.Why do you ask my permission? You have every right to do any thing or say anything. As of now if you want to slap me also,I am ready for that. 
He leaned forward and showed his cheek to get slapped.
Draupadi pushed him away and feigning anger reprimanded. "Will you be serious and answer my question"
.Arjun made a humble face and said."At your service krishnaa"
Draupadi smiled at his antics and started. "How did you feel when such a precious gift given by grand father is snatched away from you?  Did'nt you feel bad  and at least for one moment,you did'nt feel to protest and keep it safe with you?  "
Arjun was taken aback.  He looked deeply into her eyes and he is not a fool  not to understand her actual question ...
Why did you allow your brother to share me with all the five?
Arjun closed his eyes.  He knew the pain Draupadi is experiencing ever since Eldest's decision.  
He even tried to avoid her ,and there by hurting her in the process.Madhav knows his heart and asked him to do justice to his wife within his limitations.   
Draupadi felt dejected .she got up and walked towards the corner of the boat.
Arjun followed her and turned her to face him."Why are you so impatient ? Don't want my answer then why did you ask?  "The force with which he said those words made Draupadi shiver,not with fear but with a doubt that she  will be unable to face his answer or accept it.
Arjun steadily looked into her lotus eyes, and said. "Listen,krishnaa,You asked me if I did'nt want to keep my prized possession for my self.   Yes I  did.   But only for that moment.Then I did remember my father,his death at satasrungamountain on my birthday.   You  don't know how it feels to part with a father who became abode of love and pillar of support for us.  And for a five year old who celebrated his birthday with the death of his beloved father, you can't imagine my suffering,my loss  I was shattered till I came to Hastinapur and tasted  love from my grand father.   Immediately after my father's death  mother called us five and said."Eldest is your father, now  onwards. "
She emphasised the need for pandava unity and took an oath from us that we four will obey Eldest and whatever we achieve we will offer him first .
She asked Eldest to take care of us like father Pandu did.To this day we followed her instruction and remained united in happiness or sadness.  The locket is precious but my mother and Eldest's  influence is the truth of my life. "
Arjun stopped,looking at Draupadi's face that lost its glow.