Part 160

Alli  is standing in the balcony of her chamber. She is staring  into the spacious royal garden which has the Mayasabha at the end of it. The glittering Mayasabha is shining in the moon light. The gems and jewels that are planted in the walls outside are spreading  multicoloured Prakash that is falling on the flowers and trees,there by making them look  devine. Every where around the prosperity and richness of the Pandavas is well exhibited. She saw the vast treasure that was brought by Arjun waiting at the outskirts of  Indraprasth to be accommodated inside.
Surely Arjun 's attitude and confidence that she felt in her encounters with him in Madhurai is the result of being the prime architect of Pandavas' fortune. And her mother's Aradhya Govind displays Godlike aura and dotes upon Arjun. When Krishna speaks,she observed  it appears so convincing. It is almost magical hearing his words.
The other Pandava brothers she met looked gentle and friendly. And Arjun's wife Subhadra whom she met on the day she arrived  looked  spoilt,confident and  beautiful. Of course she Alli didn't bother to acknowledge her and that made her anger visible on her face. Her son Abhi is too smart,a combination of Krishna and Arjun. She observed Arjun's aloofness since they started in Madhurai. He stopped his interaction with her and almost behaved as if she is the prisoner and he is the boss . Alli got angry thinking of him.
Because of him she is thrown into this position,by force. Why did he behave so rudely? He must be swept off his feet by her beauty. She knew how men gets mesmerised on seeing her and walks into doom by getting imprisoned. Alli suddenly remembered Panchali. She didn't see her still. Heard that she gave birth to Arjun's daughter. Her mother once told that King Drupad begot a fire born to be wedded to Arjun and she is the most beautiful one ever alive. Alli 's lips twisted in a sarcastic smile. If she is that beautiful why would Arjun chose the way with her in Madhurai even taking the form of a snake. ...
Just as she is convincing herself of her superior beauty The Queen walked in. Alli's personal maid announced her arrival.Panchali walked in with Priyamvada holding Pragati walking in toe. Alli forgot to blink her eyes. She stared at Panchali.she wore a  simple  white saree with pink border. Her single plait reached down her hips. She has jasmines in her hair. Her curls are falling on her forehead which has an oval shaped Tilak . Her lotus eyes are lined up with Kajal and her nose ring ,it enhanced the beauty of her nose. Her red lips are so cute and perfectly matched her facial beauty. Her swan neck is the one that may be the envy of others. She wore a simple haar and bangles.Her structure complemented her beauty and she is simply extraordinary in her dark complexion.

Alli inhaled the blue lotus fragrance that is the identification of Panchali,the Fireborn. Alli got mesmerised and then looked at Pragati who yelled in a sweet voice. Panchali looked at Alli who is fair and beautiful. She has shining soft hair and her personality is attractive . Priyamvada  sat on the Asan and held Pragati properly so that she can sleep happily. Alli observed the baby and wondered at her cuteness. She has hazel eyes,the eyes that changed her life forever.

Panchali smiled at Alli and introduced herself. Alli Rani I am Krishnaa . She said.
Alli  made a face and replied. I am not a Rani anymore. She is miffed that her ego has been hurt, she thought Arjun is besotted with her beauty but on seeing Panchali it was proven wrong.Panchali approached her. She  knew about the options given to Alli by Yudhishtir.
So what did you decide? I thought you must have chosen the better option and so I called you Rani. Alli is defiant. Never. I will never succumb to pressure tactics. I hold my self respect intact at any cost. Priyamvada took Pragati inside and left them alone. Panchali  smiled. I appreciate you for that. But  as the queen of Arjun and Queen mother  to his child you will be respected more.Surely  being the wife of the greatest warrior itself is intoxicating.

Alli asked her straight. I heard that Arjun  shared you with his brothers. Still you are singing his praises?

Panchali remained silent for a minute. She then said softly. Yes. I will sing his praises. With my whole heart.
Alli retorted. Then you must have thought it better to have five husbands rather than having him only because he is a flirt. Panchali bore a stone like expression.
She then looked at Alli and answered. I was not given the option to marry Arjun alone. Either I should marry the five or I should marry the Eldest. I chose the first option only to possess him whom I loved with my soul.
Alli,I know most of the people think the way you did. But I never bothered to give an explanation. I didn't even say this to Subhadra. I opened up before you as I feel pity on you.
Alli  asked with  arrogance. Why should I be pitied? I don't think I am in such position.
Panchali told her clearly. You are not.But by choosing the wrong option you will certainly become one to be shown pity. You got the option of belonging only to him and him only. You don't know how lucky you are. Panchali placed her hand on Alli's shoulder.
Alli you know how this land is when we came here to establish ourselves? And how it is converted into the glorious Indraprasth? Panchali narrated the story of Khandava Dahan. Surely  this heaven like place must have impressed you. But he is the architecht. You know how he got victory at my swayamvar? Panchali narrated that  with dreamy eyes. Alli, others can't even lift the bow. But he did it with such ease and precision.

Alli listened with eyes wide open. She is a warrior and worships valour. And Arjun's valour certainly is extraordinary. Panchali continued. Alli you are a warrior queen. You know the value of real heroism. Arjun is a hero. You don't know how soft his heart is,He never allows bloodshed.
Alli countered. Soft hearted? Is that why he behaved in uncivilised way with me?
Panchali asked. Just remember his behaviour with you!  Didn't he handle you with care and concern? At least for a moment you felt he is harsh or obsessive?
Alli reminisced the night . She very well remember the soft touch the hesitating grip on her the loving eyes but not otherwise. She became silent.
Panchali understood her deliberation. She said. Alli, Arjun is in obligation towards Indraprasth .He has enough love and admiration from all his wives and even admirers. You know how many unfortunate ladies broke their hearts unable to posess him? The grand daughters of Bahlika, Bhanumati and even more.The list is endless.
Malini entered with Kirti who is crying not finding his mother when he woke up. Panchali held him close and sweet talked . Where did I go? I am here only.She kissed him  on both his cheeks.
Alli looked at the boy and wondered how close he resembled his father. His curly hair,his eyes,She will also get exactly Arjun lookalike? Alli instantly touched her waist  and wondered.
Panchali observed that and smiled. Priyamvada brought Pragati out. Princess let us go. You have to take aushadhi now, Don't exhaust yourself too much.
Priyamvada helped Panchali get up. Kirti refused to go to Malini. Priyamvada took him by force and gave Pragati to Malini. As they walked out with children,Panchali stayed back and went near Alli.
You know dear, I used to be so intolerant towards Arjun's other wives. But not now. As days passed I realised I should share my Arjun with at least some fortunate ones like you. You know why,he is the best. That is why I want  you to think properly and chose your option. You were given better options than me.
As Panchali walked out, Alli gazed at her in awe, Certainly she didn't look like a mother,she looked like a new bride. Arjun's bride. Alli's ego was smashed...completely.