Part 145

Panchali  told Satya. I won't come there. You all go and enjoy. Kirti is still too small. I can't expose him to that cool weather. Satya  argued. It is a matter of two days. Even Bua agreed to take him. She protested.
But still The queen did not agree. Krishna signalled Satya to relax. He knew the real reason for Draupadi's refusal is the way things are turning towards making Arjun fall into another alliance courtesy Alli Rani.
From Sahadev she extracted information about that arrogant woman. She is breath ta kingly  beautiful and glamorous as per the vartahars. She is dangerous and can throw any man out of his senses as the Pandya clan is blessed by Madhura Minakshi their family deity.
Panchali's head started reeling. There is danger in both ways. If Arjun wins her heart he may be blown off his feet by her beauty. If that woman overpowers him he will be in trouble. With all these thoughts she became restless and decided to stay away from the picnic.
That night when Arjun came she tried to open the topic, Arjun is playing with Kirti and is enjoying his son's antics. Panchali lied on his other side and said . Arjun, your Eldest ordered you to tackle that Alli Rani, will you go there before or after the North conquest? Arjun still is in playful mood and carelessly replied. I didn't give it a thought. I am more concerned about Bhagadutta and the uttara Kuru provinces.
He then realised what is going on in her mind. Krishnaa don't  take stress from now onwards. Everything will happen as per our fate. Panchali was miffed on hearing his words. Yes,certainly I know your mind. You won't take anything serious. But you will forget that  I will be effected with all these .
Arjun diverted the topic, Satya said you refused to come for our picnic. She felt bad.
Panchali retorted . Till now I did everything for others. Now I won't do so. Any way It won't be good for Kirti.
Arjun smiled  and asked. How can I enjoy without you? Panchali sulked and said. You have your Subhadra.Go and have fun. She said. Arjun pulled her closer and declared.you are coming. That is final.he did not give her scope to counter his word. Panchali tried to stop him. Arjun, Kirti is going to sleep. He will get up and won't sleep again.
Arjun took the baby and carefully placed him in the jhoola. He then approached the queen and whispered. No pretext is valid now...
It is mid night and still Panchali could not sleep. Arjun is in deep sleep he has a beautiful smile on his lips even in sleep.His thick curls are falling over his face and making it more beautiful. Yajnaseni wondered at her obsessive love for her husband. Heart doesn't relent.even after enjoying marital bliss with the beloved. He is least bothered about Alli. Then how could she stop him from going over there? He would never disobey his Eldest.
Once she asked him. Why do we need emperor ship? We are happy in our own king Dom. Arjun's face shone  with strange brilliance.We deserve it Krishnaa !  Father wished for it. Mother wanted it. Grand father is waiting to see me as the conqueror of the whole universe. Madhav cherishes it. So there is no question of moving backwards.
Panchali remembered how his face exhibited the fire of his valour. Even her father is waiting to see him as the conqueror. Who can face Arjun? No one in these three worlds. He says proudly.
Panchali strived hard to get into sleep dreamily looking into her Arjun's face.  
The next morning every one is ready to go to Yamuna. Bheem tried in many ways. But Panchali was adamant. She just did not move out of her chamber. She politely refused Kunti who persuaded her to join them. She took Kirti in her arms and started massaging his smooth body with Aushadhi oil.
Krishna and Arjun came in. Arjun asked her. Every one is ready. Even mother. Get up and be ready. Panchali did not move an inch. Krishna called Malini and gave Kirti to her. Get him ready within ten minutes. And Parth, bring her down even by force if she won't listen. He told Arjun with a naughty expression and went off.
Arjun cajoled her, You can do whatever you want after we come back. But let me win this time. I challenged Satya that I will make you join the picnic. And I promise I won't go to Madhurai without your permission.
Panchali  hid her expressions. He is smart enough to know her thoughts. She can't do anything about it. She told him. Arjun you will get late. I  couldn't prepare myself and Kirti that fast. She persisted.
You know dear, your things and Kirti's things already reached  down. I made Malini do everything secretly. Now my beloved queen should not have any pretext to come with me and enjoy the beautiful Yamuna  shores and  let me admire her beauty along with nature's splendour. Panchali stood awestruck not knowing whato do with her over smart husband.
All those waiting down stared at the good looking pair come down together looking so made for each other. Vijaya who is with Subhadra commented. They look too good together. Rather they compliment each other.
Subhadra nodded in approval as Arjun and Draupadi approach them. Abhi is mad with joy and ran to his father who is holding Kirti. Pitasri let me have Kirti in my chariot.He insisted.
We will go together. Arjun assured and lead Draupadi to Satya's chariot as he knew both will enjoy each other's company. Bheem is overcome with excitement. Panchali I felt bad when you refused to come. But Arjun convinced you thank god. By the way how did he do it? He questioned.
Krishna laughed at his curiosity and retorted. It is so simple. Parth must have threatened to stay back if she won't come. Panchali blushed and embarrassed as every one's attention is on her only. She got into Satya's chariot and stretched her hands for Kirti. Arjun said. I will keep him with me. He then went to Subhadra and asked her to get into another with Vijaya. Madhav ,Abhi and me will come together. He said.
Subhadra asked him. How did you pacify your queen? I,thought she won't oblige. Like Bhrata said? She referred to Krishna's words.
Arjun smiled. Who will know me better than your brother? He replied and added. She is afraid to bring Kirti to river side. That's all. Arjun doesn't want to reveal Panchali's displeasure over his possible stint with AlliRani. He went back to Satya and declared. I won . You know I will never lose War or bets. Now onwards think twice before challenging me. He winked at her and left.
Satya fumed at his attitude. She told Panchali. You know every thing favours him only. I really thought you won't oblige. By the way how did he do it? She asked curiously. Panchali reluctantly replied. He already packed Kirti's and my things. Like Govind said he said he also would stay back. What can I do?I was forced to come.
Satya laughed. It is my foolishness to challenge him knowing his smartness. Panchali the two of them are too smart. You know when My Lord gave Parijat to Rukmini, I stopped talking to him. Days after trying to pacify me one day he came to me when I am lying down in my chamber without ornaments without combing my hair. He started saying he regret hurting my sentiments and when he touched me I just pushed him away with my leg unintentionally and his peacock feather fell from his head. I got tears in my eyes.
But he touched my feet and asked whether my feet got hurt on touching his head. I melted down ,fell at his feet and wept. I reconciled and you know he brought the whole Devine Parijat tree and planted in my garden. Satya admitted proudly. Panchali wondered. How did you allow him to touch your feet? she asked.
She remembered how she felt for the first time in Kampilya when her foot got hurt, Arjun held it . Even after that it happened many times. Arjun never bothered about her objection. Satya brought her out of her thoughts. Panchali,My Lord says there should not be any restrictions  between two lovers. He can touch even my feet or else...Satya blushed remembering her naughty Govind and his actions.
Draupadi remembered Arjun saying the same holding her feet at Hastinapur in Kunti's private chamber. Her face turned red. Both the friends are too similar. They think alike, talk alike and act alike. There is absolutely no difference between them.
In the other chariot Krishna, Arjun Abhi and Kirti are having gala time. Krishna said. Parth, your two sons are riot. They are hyperactive. Arjun laughed and said. Like you in your childhood.I wish I was there in Brindavan with you. I missed so much fun. Krishna agreed. Those were the best days in my life. But no regrets. I have much joy in your company now. By the way what did you plan for that Allirani? He asked.
Arjun shrugged his shoulders. What should I plan? I will challenge her for war. Krishna looked deep into his eyes and said. Parth, sometimes we should accomplish our aim without war.
Arjun questioned. How can it be possible? It seems she is a wild tigress. She hates men. Krishna smiled. Aryavarth's most desirable man should take it as a challenge. Your charm is irresistible I feel. Even the most beautiful woman dotes on you. Arjun replied tongue in cheek. That is different Madhav, It is love at first sight for both of us. She loved me instantly even if I was clad in Brahmin's attire.
Krishna reasoned. Whatever it is. You have it in you. Alli is a woman after all. Take it as a challenge. Arjun smirked. You want me to have a life long quarrel with my wife? She won't look at my face if  I again falter and do some thing like that. Krishna insisted. She won't punish you. Her love for you is boundless. Immortal. She will understand. Arjun kept silent . His Kirti is sleeping peacefully in his lap and he doesn't want to anger Kirti's mother at all. Never.