Part 154

Krishna straightly questioned him. Parth, Just imagine your Eldest's reaction if you say you didn't proceed to defeat Alli because of your love for Panchali whose heart will be broken or for not daring to hurt Subhadra. Arjun closed his eyes. He could very well see his Eldest with his detached expression that will make  him  lose the desire to live.He knew his Eldest too well. If he makes a decision he would never retreat from that. He never had the habit to face a 'No' from his brothers. Now after all the conquests and everything if he,Arjun back steps due to Alli, he may not take it favourably. Above all his father's wish will remain unfulfilled.

Krishna placed his hand on Arjun's shoulder. Parth, Don't think too much into the matter. Do your duty. Ultimately your wives will never find fault with you if you explain the reason. Let us move things positively.
Arjun lied down under the umberella of the stars and placed his head on Krishna's lap. He remembered the words of Panchali the night before he started. Return safe without redeeming your female admirers She said.

Alli is not my admirer Krishnaa, Still I have to redeem her from her scornful life. The men of Madhurai should be saved from her mad fury. Forgive me krishnaa, Arjun appealed to his dear wife.

Krishna placed his hand on his forehead . Parth, I assure you she will forgive you. Now be free of that guilt...Krishna  felt that Alli should meet Arjun once as he has irresistible charm that is a proven fact. With the help of the information fetched by Arjun's officials Krishna understood that Alli will come to the forest every Friday afternoon for hunting. He told Arjun to face her without revealing his identity. ...

Alli came on horseback to the forest with few lady companions. She then went ahead and shot a wild boar . The boar is hurt and ferociously jumped over Alli when Arjun shot the wild beast with his arrows and the animal wailed loudly and fell down. Alli looked at the intruder with wide eyes. Arjun approached her and teased. It is not the way to attack wild animals. Your arrows are suitable for deers or rabbits.
Alli  looked at him furiously and retorted. I don't need to learn shooting from you. I don't entertain strangers to talk to me .you know I am Alli Rani, the ruler of Madhurai.Alli's proud words made Arjun smile .

He observed her looks without hesitation and said looking into her eyes. Before being a queen you are a beautiful woman. And this is not the way to treat your saviour. Arjun's fearless expression about her beauty made Alli angry.
You must have come here for the first time. Otherwise you would never have dared to comment on my beauty. I warn you. Be in your limit. As for saving me,I can very well look after myself.

Alli said with attitude and walked towards her horse. Arjun called from back. Alli Rani, appreciating beauty is the right of every one. You could not curb that right . I am free to enjoy anything with my eyes. I worship nature and I worship women. Alli shivered with fury but she doesn't understand what is making her stop from imprisoning this stranger.

She looked at the handsome man with a charming smile  holding a very big  bow in hand. As she approached her horse she faltered in getting on top of it because of her diversion.Arjun stepped forward and held her from falling off.

He looked at her face and commented. Too beautiful,I say. But be careful in horseriding. Every time I may not be there to hold you.Alli pushed him away and got on to the horse and rode off with force. Her followers were spell bound on seeing the queen spare the handsome stranger...

Krishna patted Arjun on his back. Perfect encounter with Alli Rani. You left your mark on her. By the way isn't Alli beautiful enough for the most desirable warrior to get tempted? He questioned curiously.
Arjun smiled at his way of  asking whether Alli impressed him or not. He admitted honestly. Madhav she is beautiful she has attitude also. But she should realise the most beautiful woman is someone else.
Krishna laughed. She will realise. But so much is there to be done by us. Let us get into the next step.He told Arjun his plan and Arjun exclaimed with shock. What? What are you saying? How is it possible ?