Part 151

Arjun and Krishna were asked to come back from the Army front. Arjun got irritated. I told Eldest That I am busy with deviding the soldiers  for the four directions. What urgency is there to call me over? Krishna smiled mischeously. How do you know without going there? May be your wives are missing you and Satya is missing me. He said casually.
Arjun still is miffed. They should understand how serious and important is the work we are doing.
As he finished and alighted from the chariot,Maharaj Drupad received them and hugged Arjun.I am too happy for you. It has been a great moment for me. Arjun looked at Krishna. What is that his father in law is conveying? He is obsessed with him but why should he feel so overjoyed? He did not do any adventure of late. So what does he refer to?

Krishna had an innocent expression.As they entered the Royal palace Kunti came forward and hugged them both. Before she could say anything,Satya approached and teased Arjun. Bua your son pretends to be an ascetic at heart. But he proved himself quite different.
Arjun shot at her. So you are the one responsible to call me back? You know how important is  my work there? And what did you say? I am different? Why? What research you did to analyse my nature so well?

Krishna winked at Satya indicating not to tell him anything. Kunti told Arjun. Go to Bahu she is waiting for you.
Arjun was confused.which Bahu she meant? Panchali or Subhadra?

Just then Nakul came and hugged Arjun. Bhrata, too happy for you. He said heartfully. Sahadev came and smiled. All the stars are favourable as of now. Any way I will consult Dhaumya.
Arjun was totally confused. He looked at Krishna to solve the puzzle. Krishna pulled him to the inner palace. Bheem came towards them and patted him on the shoulder.i bless you my brother,happy for you he said.
Before he could continue Maharaj entered and wished Arjun. I announced it in the assembly they want to wish you personally, Make yourself available. He said and left.
Satya asked Krishna to follow her and he did without saying a word.
Arjun got annoyed and shouted Satya, but Krishna signalled him he will come back.
Then came the surprise for him. The Raaja Vaidyaa who is coming out of Draupadi's chamber looked seriously into his face and asked him to come to the adjacent private chamber. She closed the doors and asked Priyamvada not to allow any one there. She looked at Arjun and bombarded him. Arjun,I know you since you are a child.I did not expect this from you. You should have thought about her health a bit.
Arjun became aghast with anxiety. What happened? Krishnaa is not well? He enquired. She is just fine as of now. But I am not sure how she will cope up as months progress. The Raajavaidyaa said in a concerned tone.
Arjun looked suspicious. What do you mean to say Maasi tell me clearly . He pleaded with her.
The lady revealed Your wife is two months pregnant. Know this.
Arjun had an expression of shock,wonder excitement everything mixed up. Finally his Pragati is arriving into their lives. He hugged the lady just like he used to do in his childhood. She made him sit before her and said in a soft voice. Arjun,I know very well how much you desired a daughter. The queen told me before. But her health condition is precarious. I can't say how she will survive this time. Every thing depends on both of you. Keep her happy. My blessings and support always is there for you.
Arjun got up and slowly walked towards Panchali's mansion. How could he enjoy the arrival of Pragati if his life his Krishnaa is put in danger? He should have waited further. He blamed himself. As he went inside,he saw Her pampering Kirti on her lap and caressing him. He approached them and sat on his knees. He placed his head on her lap and tears rolled down from his eyes. Why do you love me that much? He murmured in a broken voice. Yajnaseni bent her head on his and admitted. Because you are my life.