Part 194

After Drupad left Panchali made Kirti lie on the bed and Pragati in the Jhoola. The day is hectic and with Abhi's birthday round the corner there will be much excitement all around. She didn't even change her clothes and relaxingly stretched on her Jhoola. She remembered Arjun's words. The Reward. What Reward does he want?
Malini interrupted her thoughts. Ulupi The Naga Princess wants to meet you. Panchali looked at Malini with disbelief. Why should she come at this hour? She is a little bit irritated.

She is hopeful that Arjun may come to take his reward. Reluctantly she gave permission and Ulupi came inside. Panchali asked her. I think you should have come tomorrow as it is time to take rest for you Naga Princess,She said curtly. Ulupi smiled and replied. We will get busier tomorrow onwards. Celebrations,celebrations ahead.
Panchali kept silent. The cool breeze of the night is soothening,The half moon is shining through white clouds. I want to clear your misunderstanding towards me Princess of Panchal. Ulupi started.

Panchali looked at her surprised. Did Arjun tell her of her displeasure? Ulupi answered. No. He didn't say anything. Panchali became alert. She has mystic powers. She would know whatever is there in her mind.
Ulupi continued. I know your displeasure for me and the reason.But I want to make you see the other side of the issue. Panchali questioned bluntly. Why should you bother about me? You are his wife by word and deed. You need not offer any explanation.
Ulupi replied patiently. I bother because I like you. And you know why? You are his life. His love. You are everything for him. Panchali said with sarcasm. Come on Naga princess,I may sound harsh but I am not his only wife. He has six more wives.How can you decide that he loves me only? If so why did he break his celibacy at the very first temptation thrown at him ? Panchali's inner consciousness rebelled against her words saying what she says is false.

Ulupi smiled into her eyes. Try to understand me and him in that situation.I am a widow who lost husband in the childhood itself. When I saw him in Ganga first time my heart raced fast and I lost myself in his charm. Panchali bit her lip. That is the problem. God has given him such charisma that  is irresistible.

Ulupi said frankly. True. He is irresistible. And I thought I would die if he doesn't fulfill my wish.
Panchali moved with impatience. I know what happened after that. And I am not interested to know further. She declared.
Ulupi answered with confidence. You don't know any thing,Princess. I have to deal with a dejected lover, a bitter youth cheated by fate ,dictated by his mother and brother and banished himself from the comfort of Kingdom,luxuries power and you his most precious possession
.Panchali had shivering in her body remembering the fateful evening that divided her mercilessly and the horrible afternoon that made him leave Indraprasth for twelve years.
Ulupi placed her hand on Draupadi's shoulder. I don't want to make you sad by reminding you those unbearable moments. But I can't see hatred for me in your eyes. Arjun obliged me reluctantly as he doesn't want to be the reason for my death. And you grudge me that night.Panchala princess. I tell you the truth. He touched me with you in his mind,in his heart. His first experience of conjugal life happened with me but only the physicality of the moment remained for me but the soul is missing. And that soul is with you Princess.
That night is the witness for his wrath,his frustration his helplessness to leave you into the arms of his Eldest. I helped him unleash his fury and his energy by making myself submit to him wholeheartedly. I relished my moment with him. But he relished the moment with you who are not present in body but who is always with him in soul.

panchali's eyes are filled with tears and she could not control her sobs. How clearly Ulupi presented the night she always grudged The thought of her Arjun share his bliss his first experience itself tortured her and she hated Ulupi .
She did not even welcome her properly. Ulupi approached her and placed her hand on Panchali's head. If that thought tortured you ,the thought of you with his brother equally tortured him. Fate can not be averted Princess. I won't even call you queen because it associates you with the King not with your Arjun.
Ulupi stopped for a moment. I love him Princess,with my whole heart. And I know where his heart is. It is with you. Still I love him. I will stand by him at any cost.
Ulupi wiped her tears and stood up. Forgive me Princess if I hurt you. But don't hate me. I like you because you are his love his life. And you deserve it. Ulupi walked out leaving Panchali who placed her head in her knees desperately trying to come out of the past that effected her and her Arjun.