Part 140

Arjun waited for her to get out of her drowsiness, Panchali still in trance thinking that she saw him in her dream.
Arjun smiled and thought,She did not change. The loving princess who wholeheartedly followed him to the potters hut sustained her love despite many thunderstorms and whirlwinds that shattered her existence and broke her heart.
Surprisingly she never hated him despite his passive attitude and aloofness due to his commitment to his brother. Despite being the first wife she bore his child after all his wives did. Arjun'sheart melted towards his Krishnaa. He bent down and kissed her on her forehead.
Panchali turned to his side and curled into his heart thinking it to be a dream. She placed her hands round his neck and said drowsily.
Don't go away from me. I can't bear it.
Arjun hugged her close. He got tears in his eyes.Sometimes he feels he does'nt deserve her love. Suddenly Kirti cried and got up from sleep.Panchali came to her senses and realised ..She was not seeing him in dream.
As (http://Arjun.As) she tried to get down to take the baby, Arjun stopped her and he brought the baby from the jhoola. He hugged him tight making the baby raise his voice. Panchali took him closer and tried to pacify him . Arjun lied down on her other side and asked her why he is crying. Panchali hesitatingly said. He is hungry.
Arjun understood. He knew her inhabitions and shyness before him despite him telling her to get rid of them. Arjun turned to the other side and closed his eyes. Panchali fed the baby and patted him but the little one refused to sleep that soon.
Arjun took him in his hands and placed him on his chest. Panchali wondered at the resemblance of father and son. Arjun asked her. Why are you staring at us? My son looks exactly like me. Now get a daughter who look like you. I can't wait further. He demanded.
Draupadi blushed and taunted him. Every one will laugh at me if that happens. She said sulking at him. Why? Why should they laugh? Arjun questioned. Panchali raised her eyebrows and smirked. Why don't they? Just now we had Kirti and then if again it happens ..She stopped her line in the middle. Arjun smiled in his charming way. Stop bothering about others. Let us plan our daughter soon.
Panchali took Kirti into her lap and teased him. Arjun it is better if you get a daughter from Subhadra. Abhi is two now. It is good to have a girl now. Arjun pulled her along with the baby on to his heart and hugged both of them tight. I want a daughter with all your beauty and goodness. And that is final.He stated firmly
.kirti started crying again and Panchali placed him on her heart and slowly patted him to sleep. She knew Arjun can not be controlled if he makes his mind into it. But the Raja Vaidyaa strictly advised her against conceiving soon. Arjun looked into her eyes and understood.Dont worry. I won't trouble you now though you test me with your breath taking beauty. I know you need time to recuperate.
He smiled at her assuringly and closed his eyes. Panchali felt happy for his concern and placed the baby between them and kissed both father and son with overflowing love.

Kunti asked Dhaumya to fix the date for namakaranotsav of Arjun'sson. Every one is calling him Kirti ever since they came to know that Krishna selected the name. But Kunti is apprehensive as the formality should be followed and the child's father has to write the name in sacred rice.
Arjun did not take it serious. Madhav has named him. What more should we want? Where is the need to celebrate again? Any way Krishnaa still has'nt recovered completely. It will be stressful for her again  to go through formalities,sitting for many hours.
Kunti is miffed at his words. If you say so for a simple formality like Namkaran,how would she go through the Rajasuya procedures? She has to take hundred pots of sacred waters for Yajna snan, Avabhridha snan etc.
Arjun  felt scared hearing her.He knew how week she has become. after her delivery. On top of it she has to sit hours together with Eldest and  many food restrictions will be there . He thought Krishna did a good thing by postponing the conquests.
And Rajasuya will happen only when the whole world is conquered. Arjun relaxed thinking that some respite will be there for Panchali to recuperate. He told Kunti. Maa Kirti will be named in a simple way, no need to invite each and every one. Only the family members are enough. I will ask Gandhari Mata to stay till then. He said.
Drupad supported Arjun.He is also concerned about his daughter's health and the forthcoming Rajasuya. He appreciated Arjun's concern for Panchali. .
..Yudhishtir asked Krishna to entrust the directions in which his four brothers will go and conquer other kings . Krishna smiled and said. Eldest. Who else but Arjun can go in northern direction? Kings like Bhagadutta can be defeated only by Parth. He will go up to Himalayas. Bheem will go in Eastern direction,Nakul in West and Sahadeva will gi in southern direction.Still much time is left. So they will prepare themselves.
Kunti asked Arjun to call his other wives to Indraprasth with their children. I want to bless them and my grand children. They will stay till the completion of Rajasuya. Arjun is not sure if Chitra will come for such long period. May be Aarya can come but Ulupi he does'nt know at all.
That night he asked Panchali who is enjoying her newborn's already famous tantrums and feeling delighted. Krishnaa,Mother wants to meet Arya,Chitra and Ulupi with their children. Would you accept her proposal?
Panchali  did not expect that and became serious. Why are you asking me? You did not bother to ask me when you married them. Why should my acceptance matter now?
Arjun went near her and hugged her from behind. How can I ask you then? I was forced to take the decisions myself. But that does'nt mean I did't bother about you. Krishnaa placed Her son on the jhoola and faced him. Arjun, If your mother wishes that I won't come into the picture at all. And you are asking me? Her word is the ultimate to you . Who knows it better than me? I was the one effected most. You know that. She said bitterly
. Arjun hugged her close. Don't forget I am also effected the most. Both of them remained still,silent and brooding. They know that they are not fortunate enough to be with each other for a lifetime. Arjun composed himself and kissed the corners of her eyes which are familiarly wet. How much long shall I wait to get my daughter Pragati into our lives? He asked seriously.
Panchali looked into his eyes surprised. Pragati? You named her already? She asked him with disbelief. Arjun instantly replied. Why can't I? How did it sound? He pulled her closer and Panchali felt the passion and desire in his touch.