Part 135

Panchali wondered how did Arjun keep it a secret as whatever he brought everything is entered into account, Some of them were there with Subhadra and remaining were kept in treasury, Kunti allotted the ornaments which he brought to all her Bahus, She kept some of them but Arjun must have kept some with him.
She is naturally curious to know how many he kept but Arjun is busy attending the guests, The co wives after lunch conversed especially about the gift given by Arjun, Devika asked Subhadra,I am surprised, you must have seen it before, you had many with you? Subhadra replied, No, It was not seen by me before.
Karenu commented, Really it looked exclusive, Jalandhara regretted, I wish Bheemsen should have gone to Manivart, Vijaya tried to reason, But Of all the ornaments he brought we were given our share, Subhadra sided with her, Yes, I got so many, All of you had.
Vijaya made a point, We should agree that it suited Panchali Didi so well, She looked gorgeous.
Subhadra nodded in approval, As she reached her chamber she remembered the incident that happened at Dwaraka, Devine sage Narada brought a Deva parijat flower which will never fade away and gave it to Krishna, Narada has the habit of creating quarrels and he asked Krishna to present it to his most beloved wife, Krishna was in Rukmini's mansion then and presented it to Rukmini, News reached Satyabhama and she made a scene and stopped talking with her husband, Krishna tried his best yo pacify her but Satya did not relent, Then  Krishna along with Satya went to heaven ,fought with Devendra and brought The Deva Parijat tree and planted it in Satya's garden, Later Satya relented and The tree was sent back to heaven, ,,,,
Subhadra sat on her Asan and wondered, Why is she so disturbed when Arjun presented thatMang ka Teeka to Draupadi? When she returned to Indraprasth with Abhi Arjun gave many ornaments to her brought from Manivart, ,,,,
Krishna came there and saw his dear sister deeply absorbed in thoughts, Subhadra,What are you thinking seriously? He asked, Subhadra looked at him with a sulking face, Bhrata,today I realised that you  like Panchali more than me, Your concern for her is unparalleled,She complained.
Krishna straightly looked at her and asked, When you were in Dwaraka,Balaram Tau and me looked after you with even more concern, Do you doubt our love for you?
Subhadra pouted and said, But I am your only sister, Krishna smiled, And Krishnaa is my only sister like Sakhi, She. Shares my burden and responsibilities along with Parth.
Subhadra is  confused, I did not understand, She said.
Krishna patiently explained,She helped in establishing the empire of dharma in Indraprasth by getting married to five Pandavas, They are like the five fingers of a hand , powerful when United, Kunti Bua did take that step for their unity, Subhadra intervened, I heard that she did not protest when Bua declared her decision,We,her cowives think that she gave her consent wholeheartedly.
Krishna sighed, It is a pity Subhadra when a woman fails to understand another woman's heart, Krishnaa's sacrifice is so undermined and taken for granted.
Subhadra argued, But she looks fine with it, And she is the empress who looks after the whole finances and everything.
Krishna asked, Subhadra,Given a chance would you like to take her responsibilities? Subhadra lazily nodded her head, How could I brother? Abhi won't let me do anything, you see how preoccupied I am with him,
Krishna again asked, What about your other cosisters? Subhadra replied, They also can't, They have their children to look after, Krishna smiled bitterly, Panchali has four sons and is going to have one more, How does she manage everything? Subhadra shrugged her shoulders, She likes to do everything, That's all.

Krishna refuted her, No That is not all, Subhadra,Given a chance she would have relaxed like you all and enjoyed life, Subhadra is not convinced, Bhrata,her unusual life or her responsibilities are the result of her submission, She only is responsible.
Krishna sat near her and in his calm voice enlightened Subhadra, Panchali is a dreamy eyed girl like you,desiring to Marry only the man she loved, But fate played a game, And she submitted herself.
Subhadra questioned, Why did she agree then? She should have put her foot down.
Krishna replied, She could not do so, Her husband never disobey his mother or his Eldest, You must have by now realised his commitment to his Eldest.
Subhadra instantly agreed, Yes, I do, Recently Arjun got ready to take me and Abhimanyu for a horse ride to Yamuna We just started and his Eldest asked him to come to him immediately, And Arjun dropped us within a minute and went off, I think that day some messengers came from Magadha.
Krishna said softly, He can not disobey a simple order How could you expect him to do so at such a crucial time? Come what may, he won't do so, If Panchali opposed their decision either she would be married to only Eldest or she would be sent back to Panchal as a rejected bride.
Subhadra listened widening her eyes , Subhadra, She sacrificed herself for the larger benefit, She deserves to be treated with respect and love, Let others think what they want, But I want my sister to realise the magnanimity of Panchali and give her due respect and love.
Krishna got up patted Subhadra and went off, Subhadra realised the essence of krishna's words and she thought of Panchali in a new light,,,,,,,,

Arjun came at  night after dinner and enquired, Are you exhausted too much? You ate something or not? He placed his hands round her shoulders with concern, He then looked at his beautiful gift that is shining like his love on her forehead, By the way you liked my present? Arjun asked with curiosity, Draupadi nodded with pleasure and immediately questioned, Why is this ornament not there in the lists? How did you manage?
Arjun laughed at that and teased, Sorry Honoureble Finance minister Madam? I kept it back for my beloved wife, Draupadi smirked at his way of addressing her , She looked into his hazel eyes and retorted, I would like to know from the great  chief commander of Indraprasth How many such gifts were not in accounts so that you can enjoy presenting them to your number of wives and admirers, Arjun laughingly pulled her nearer and pacified her, I would like to tell my beloved queen that your chief commander is interested at the moment to serve you only and no one else, He looked passionately into her beautiful eyes and closed her lips which are saying'At the Moment?", Yajnaseni forgot her valid arguments and enjoyed the togetherness with her dearest Arjun,