Part 161

That night Alli's mother went to Kunti and told the good news. Alli accepted the first proposal. She will be the wife of Arjun. Kunti felt immensely relieved. She conveyed the news to Krishna and her sons.
Yudhishtir was surprised. I never thought she would accept,She appeared egoistic when I met her,he said. Bheem declared proudly. Finally she must have realised  what it takes to be the Bahu of our family. Of course to be the wife of my valorous brother.
Nakul laughed and joked. Bhrata Arjun celebrate now. Tomorrow all are coming and without making a scene She relented, Good for us. Sahadev is happy, She must have realised her folly. We should thank god for that.

As they are walking together Arjun expressed his surprise . Madhav, how could she accept that easily?I sense something wrong. Krishna smiled. Parth when Krishnaa  Yajnaseni Stands by you why won't it happen? My Sakhi went  to Alli and  infused good sense into her mind.
Arjun is shocked. He couldn't digest that his queen should go to that stubborn girl and convince her . He straightly went to Panchali's chamber. His children are sleeping . Pragati in the Jhoola and Kirti beside his mother. Panchali also is slowly getting into sleep as it is nearing mid night. She has to be awake till then as both her children  remained so Kirti playing all round the carpet and Pragati  beside her.

Arjun slowly touched her shoulder and woke her up. Panchali looked at him with sleepy eyes. She remembered Raaja vaidyaas warning not to let her husband  come nearer as  Pragati is born fifteen days before. She told him in her drowsy voice. Arjun I am sleepy. Pragati will wake up again after a while and I want to catch some sleep.
Arjun signalled her not to make noise and helped her get up. He then lifted her and brought her to the swing in her balcony. After making her comfortable there he asked in a low voice. Just answer one question. What did you tell Alli that she totally changed her stand? Speak up.
Panchali's sleep  had gone off on hearing his words. Alli relented? She asked with excitement.Arjun became serious. I am waiting for your reply. He said precisely.
Panchali looked into his face. His curls are coveting his eyes and still she could feel the annoyance and attitude.
Did you request her to be my wife? Arjun  crossed her penetrating deeply into her eyes.
Panchali is  amused. She said in a playful tone. Yes. I asked her to give you another chance to prove how good a husband you will be to her..
Arjun who is holding her hand left it and  within a minute moved towards the door.As he opened the door to move out, Draupadi ran to him and pulled him inside with great effort.She almost made him lean on her totally and brought him to the swing.Gasping heavily due to bearing Arjun'sweight she placed her hands round his neck and asked in her sweetest tone that she uses in such a manner when they are cosily together..
That much anger? On your Krishnaa? I am hurt.
Arjun took away her hands and turned his face away. Panchali could see his jaw tightened  and he moved towards the Jasmines and crossing his hands stood erect. Panchali stood behind him watching his perfect physique,the bow marks on his shoulders,the curly hair...
she started in a low but clear voice,still standing behind. I told Alli not to make a wrong choice. I told her to utilise the great opportunity that had fallen in her lap and fulfill her life.
Panchali then paused and again started in a shivering tone. I told her she is luckier than me,she was given the best option unlike Yajnaseni who was instructed to make a choice out of nothing to chose at all.
Arjun turned to her, feeling her tremble like  one who stood facing cyclonic winds.
He held her waist and pulled her closer,his eyes already are regretful for making her reminisce the FATEFULEVENING. Panchali continued unperturbed. I told Alli,life has thrown her an opportunity of a lifetime to belong to you and you only. She could not continue further as Arjun closed her lips and hugged her close.
His eyes had moisture,Panchali placed her hands round his neck and said in a broken voice. How could you think that I will hurt your self respect,that too before Alli? Don't you have faith in my love? Your honour is my honour. I could never bear a stubborn queen make my Arjun ridiculed by not accepting him.And I know she is pretending hatred. In her inner heart she already is in love with you.
Arjun smiled his charming smile. Just because you love your Arjun there is no rule  that every other damsel is in love with me. He taunted her.
Panchali pushed him away and said. Don't pretend to be innocent. You know your charm already worked on her. Arjun took her in his arms and lied on the swing.The jasmines nodded their heads in delight.

Panchali tried to get up but Arjun stopped her. Why  are you  moving away from me? You know all these months I was away from you due to my conquests. Now after Pragati is born I didn't even have the time to celebrate  her arrival due to that...Arjun was reluctant to take the name of Alli. Panchali understood his dilemma.

If Alli refuses to give a respectable name to their relationship he would be blamed by Naysayers that he violated the basic norms of Aryavarth.Panchali felt happy for being instrumental in making Arjun guilt free.
She smiled at him and revealed Raajavaidyaa's warning. Arjun got miffed. She should have understood how hard it is to stay away from beloved wife. He said those words in such a way that made Draupadi drool over him and she could not control herself and kissed him on his forehead with passion.
She then blamed herself for losing herself before him.
The season of love always waits at my door when we are together. She told herself
. Arjun got intoxicated with such closeness after so many months of separation. Panchali's beauty has enhanced with each delivery he thought. He looked into her lotus eyes which are hesitatingly inviting him to fulfill his wish rather their wish. They forgot themselves in the nectar of passion for each other and came  out of their bliss when Pragati shrieked and woke up from sleep.
Arjun got up,lifted his wife and took her inside. He placed her on her couch and brought Pragati to her. Panchali endearingly looked at the father and daughter .
Arjun lied down beside her and placed his daughter on his heart. The little girl opened her eyes and closed feeling safe in his arms. ...

Kunti insisted on Arjun marrying Alli again as per proper rituals before select few in their family worship Chamber. Arjun tried to prevent her. Where is the necessity. You can see the Mangalsutra round her neck.Kunti did not relent. It should be done properly. Your son will be blessed that way. She said.
Before his other wives enter Alli's marriage should be solemnised. She thought. Krishna convinced Arjun. No one had seen how you married her inside, Let us have eye witnesses now. He teased him He added further. I don't want my Satyaa to point a finger at you.
Arjun kept quiet. Panchali sent message to Kunti that she may not attend the ceremony as she has to deal with both Kirti and Pragati. Arjun understood. However hard she may try she won't be able to see him with others. He is familiar with her eyes that portrayed her irritation on seeing him with Subhadra.
Krishna quipped. My Sakhi did more than what she could do. We should not expect more. Arjun nodded his head. Subhadra also skipped the marriage on the pretext of her son who is becoming smarter by day. He may ask questions regarding Arjun sitting  with Alli.
Dhaumya Rishi made Arjun and Alli take seven steps. Then Arjun put the Sindur on her forehead. Krishna asked Kunti not to replace the mangalsutra as it is given by him. Alli looked beautiful in her bridal dress and did Pranam to Kunti. May you get a son worthy of your husband. She blessed and looked at her  with satisfaction. ThisBahu ,wife of her Phalgun came from the city of Minakshi. Kunti felt immensely happy.