Part 163

Panchali handed over  Pragati to Malini and made space to Alli on her couch. Alli entered and looked around . She saw the vast bed with light blue colour blankets that have hand work on it. The chamber is  decorated with taste not pompous but every inch regal in look.
Again Alli's eyes got  struck on that huge bed and she imagined Panchali  in Arjun's arms. She then scolded herself and came out of her wild thoughts. She saw Panchali  gorgeous as ever with no make up looking at her a little bit surprised.
She immediately said. Sorry to disturb you at this hour.
Panchali smiled. Even I have to say it as I couldn't attend the ceremony in the morning. My children did not allow me to.panchali admitted sheepishly as she knew that It is not the only reason. Alli looked into her lotus eyes and said I understand.
Panchali observed the Sindoor on her forehead and the black beads round her neck. She sighed and thought that still with whom she has to share her sindur. Alli started  without any hesitation. I came here to ask your help . I heard that Arjun is still in doubt regarding my acceptance towards being his wife .My mother heard him tell Kunti mata . I know he may not have faith in me but I feel hurt if I am still suspected even after accepting him before his mother. I may be stubborn by nature but in my heart I definitely respect tradition,and the sanctity of the marriage.

Alli stopped to take breath. Panchali is trying to guess what must he had said before Kunti. She let Alli continue further. Yes I am influenced by your words to some extent. But I too unintentionally developed a connect with him mainly  due to his valour. I realised how foolish it is to fight with him,who is the master of warfare.
Alli reminisced how playfully He countered her in sword fight. She  continued. I know he would never give me an opportunity to confess all this.
Kirti is getting sleepy and as is his habit he reached Panchali's lap placed his head and stretched his legs in such a way that they are almost got into Alli's lap. Panchali tried to pull them back but Alli caught hold of her hand and said. Let him be. I don't mind. So saying Alli gave a peck on Kirti's cheek.
Panchali felt relieved. Alli adores Arjun. Within a short while she will plunge in the ocean of love .
Alli requested Panchali. You please tell him I am not pretending . I did not compromise. I understood my heart's wish of course with your guidance. And I thank you for that. Suddenly Arjun entered calling,"Krishnaa where are you? Already Asleep? Get up now. "His magnetic voice spread its vibrance around and Alli got up wondering. His voice complemented his looks.
Before Panchali could stop her, she moved out of the chamber . Arjun approached Panchali and asked. What is cooking between you two? Panchali placed her finger on her lips signalling Kirti who just then gone into sleep.
Arjun carefully lifted him and placed him on the bed. He bent on him and kissed lightly. He then went to the Jhoola to see his daughter blissfully in sleep. He tried to wake her up by touching her fists. Draupadi pushed him back and said in a low voice.Now come along. I need to talk to you.
Arjun refused.If it is about Alli  don't start now. Already mother tested my patience. I would rather wake up Pragati and play with her. Why do you make her sleep by this time? All through the day I will be busy with all other work you know. Panchali took him to the swing and made him sit. I accept Arjun you are the smartest. How nicely you managed that counting process. Where do you keep such ideas? Here? "She ruffled his hair and Arjun pulled her closer. Surely the finance minister can reward me in a better way. He said with a naughty glint in his eyes.
Panchali smiled and said. Sure. But first she would like her smartest commander to obey her word. Arjun tried to get closer caressing her beautiful neck and going down. Arjun go to Alli  and listen to her admission. Panchali said in a pleading tone.
Arjun did not pay attention . He is more into exploring the secrets of Panchali's luring beauty. Panchali placed her hands round his neck. Please Arjun, go to her. She requested. You just go and come back . Give her a chance yo open up.
Arjun left her and got up. Why do you like to throw me out? You don't love me any more? You used to wait for me but now why do you ask me to go to her?
Panchali replied patiently. Because I know we both never wish to make others suffer. Of course it torchers me to send you to others.you know why I didn't attend in the morning. I am still,unable to see you with someone else.
Arjun approached her and took her in his arms. I will go. But only for a short while. And  don't sleep till I come back. He bent down and kissed her.

As he reached the door. Panchali called him. Arjun,I also want to get hypnotised. Arjun looked back and saw her smiling playfully. He smiled back and retorted. Do I need to hypnotise you at all? He winked. Yajnaseni.replied. Not at all. I am hypnotised by you since the moment I saw you walk towards the Fish Target.

Arjun walked inside Alli'schamber. He saw Alli at the window looking deeply at the Mayasabha, Arjun remembered Krishna's words. Alli will return back to Madhurai. She took a wise decision  due to which both of us will be redeemed from public criticism. And don't forget she is going to be the mother of your child.

Arjun approached  her and asked. Attracted by Mayabha's splendour? Alli turned back and is shocked to see Arjun nearer to her. Before she recovered Arjun commented . It is illusion. Every thing appears real but when we go there  the reality glares  at our face.
Alli wondered at the sound of bitterness in his voice. She moved  a bit and asked him. What are you hinting at? Is there anything connected to us? Arjun looked at the Mayasabha and said. Nothing.
Alli stood behind him and observed his silhouette that is making her eyes drawn towards him more and more. She wished she should be given a chance to remain just silent and watch him. Even if she is asked to speak she won't be able to as she already forgot what she wanted to say. She realised the truth in Krishna,s words. He told her after her marriage in the morning. Alli, you got the golden opportunity of being the wife of the most desirable hero of Aryavarth. I hope you will cherish the status.
Arjun turned back again and asked. Krishnaa told me that you want to tell me something. What is it? Alli felt embarrassed and offended.he is behaving as if he is before some stranger.
I wanted to tell you so much. But now I don't want to tell anything. Don't waste your time here. Your Krishnaa must be waiting for you. And you have to welcome your other wives also.
Arjun stared at her and tried to say something but changed his heart and walked towards the door. Alli looked at his disappearing figure,shattered and fell on her couch. She covered her face in her knees and started sobbing.
After a while she felt Arjun's hands on her shoulders. She looked up and and said in a broken voice. Why did you come again.Dont torture me further. I just wanted to say I accepted to marry you not out of pressure,..she paused and admitted. On my own wish only. You believe it or not that is the truth. Your Krishnaa helped me make my decision. Mata told me that you still doesn't believe me. What made you say that?when did I cheat you? It is you who cheated me being a snake. Alli gasped and stopped to take breath.
Arjun asked seriously. Isn't the snake too beautiful?
Alli looked up into his eyes which are smiling with his usual naughtiness, Her face became red remembering the night and the snake. She pushed him away and said now go away. You are a cheater.
Arjun laughed and started but Alli got up and clasped his neck and hugged him. Don't doubt me. I can't bear it. Arjun closed his eyes and took her closer. ...
Panchali in deep sleep felt her husband holding her tight almost making her breathless. Arjun didn't say a word. But she understood. She pulled him closer posessively and remained as she is. Both of them have moisture in their eyes and did not open their eyes...The next morning  Indraprasth welcomed Krishna's wives Rukmini,Satya,Jambavati, Kalindi,Nagnajiti,Lakshana ,Mitravinda and Bhadra.Satyaki accompanied them. And within a short while Arjun's wives stepped into Indraprasth. Arya,Ulupi,Chitra,and Rekha.