Part title

Chitrangada,the Manipur princess is practicing archery with her friends kumuda  and Lajwanti.she is holding a bow in hand and trying to shoot the target that she fixed at a distance. Every time she tries she fails . Her friends and guards are watching her with tension filled faces. They know how her  mood will change in the face of failure. Suddenly a beautiful and manly voice disturbed their attention. Your stance itself is wrong. Princess, your eye focus falters . You should correct both. Every one looked at the owner of that captivating voice and found a dark,handsome ancho rite with curly hair . He has strong arms with bow marks on both shoulders. He held a mammoth bow in hand that made the guards move sideways making way for him..
Chitra fumed at the stranger and her beautiful face expressed her annoyance directed towards the handsome intruder. Kumuda spoke with humility. "Brahmin Devata,Our princess wishes to be a warrior. She wishes to be greater than the third Pandav in archery. Unfortunately she excels in sword fight but archery is still miles ahead. "
Arjun smiled at Chitrangada. "I heard that Princesses dream to get third pandav as their husband but your friend seems different."Arjun's taunt made chitrangada's face flush in red . She glanced  at his handsome features,great physique and an attitude that enhanced his beauty. "You look like an archer,May I ask you to shoot the target perfectly? I will correct my stance and focus. "
Her teasing voice challenged his warriorself  but there is a playful smile on his lips. He looked back at one of his accomplice who held his quivers. He then tied his eyes with his uttariya and before Chitra could take a breath the arrow flew fast and hit her target. Kumuda and lajwanti shouted sadhu sadhu. Guards expressed their wonder by clapping their hands. Chitra was still in shock.
Arjun approached her and whispered. Shall I tell you a way to excell in archery? You marry me  now itself and I promise I will make you a better archer than the third Pandav. "
Chitra found him so nearer that she can feel his breath. She felt a strange attraction towards the stranger who is croossing his limits without fear. But why did he seem irresistibly desirable to her? Kumuda looked at lajwanti who is also wondering what happened to her fierce princess. She looked just like a tamed tigress before this unknown charmer. Chitrangada got back into her own and admonished the stranger."How dare you propose a princess like me? You should  atleast think about the consequences. "Arjun looked deep into her eyes and said in his husky voice. "Still I advise you princess,leave this bow  and arrows. Worship your youth . Once gone,you would never be able to catch with it. I repeat. I propose marriage with you and I mean it. I know you also have no objection. Your eyes tell your answer.
Arjun turned to leave then again smiled at her.I promise Tomorrow by this time I will teach you archery not as a guru but as your husband. ..
Chitra stood still looking at the vanishing figure of  that handsome anchorite.Is he mad or is he overconfident? Of course for the first time she felt attraction towards a man  and was spell bound without responding properly to his irrelevant talk. Chitra returned to her chamber but she could not come out of the spell of the mysterious stranger. He proposed marriage so gallantly not fearing anything. Who is he? Kumud  ran inside and made Chitra sit on her bed. You know who is he? He is the third Pandav,The greatest archer of Aryavarth. I got a doubt then itself .who else he must be other than Arjun,so handsome so heroic. Chitra,you are fortunate. Your father offered you to him with a condition that who ever is born to you should be the successor of Manipur. Early in the morning you will be wedded to the most desirable warrior of Aryavarth"
Chitra 's face became red. Is he Arjun? How funny it is to ask him to shoot an ordinary target. He must have laughed at  her foolishness.Her father did not even ask her opinion. How could he do so? Kumuda understood her thoughts. Now dear princess, don't cheat yourself. I know where your heart lie.If you want I will prove. She then opened Chitra's personal  cupboard and brought the paintings of Arjun hitting fish target, Arjun in his warrior look and so on. Now be ready to be the proud wife of the great warrior .I assure you he will teach you archery and many other skills. Kumuda's teasing smile made Chitra blush. She threw her pillow at her and smiled. ...
Manipur celebrated the marriage of their princess with Arjun,the warrior prince. Chitravahana is immensely pleased to get the third Pandav as his son inlaw. He could only dream of such happening .More so Arjun agreed to leave his successor for the sake of Manipur . That way even Chitra will stay in Manipur only...the Royal garden of Manipur is decorated for the  newly married couple. The beautiful garden house is exquisitely decorated for the occasion.surprisingly the newly weds are immersed in practicing archery in the fading evening sunlight. Arjun held Chitra from back and by keeping his hands on hers he shot the target. Chitra blushed and tried to get out of his arms. Arjun whispered in her ear. You know,I kept my promise. I am teaching you as husband not as guru. Chitra was thrilled. She heard how beautiful girls of her age die over him,dream over marrying him but not every one will be successful. Bhanumati is an example. But her good luck brought him right into her life without any hardships. Chitra  experienced the bliss of her life in the company of Phalgun.,
It was past midnight. Chitra is sleeping happily with a smile on her beautiful face. Arjun came out of the garden house and stood  nearer to the jasmine shrubs that blamed him on behalf of their dear friend Krishnaa .Once again you cheated .The jasmines accused him. Arjun looked at them and caressed them with love. "Go and tell your friend. Arjun is not a cheater. He may enjoy  conjugal life with any number of wives but Krishnaa never vanishes from his conscience even for a second. She is in his breath.only if he stops breathing he will forget Krishnaa.Arjun tries hard to revel in pleasure  with others to forget Krishnaa. ...but Krishnaa lives in him making him forget his identity in her conscience. ...After a while Indraprasth received the news of Arjun's marriage to Chitrangada . ...It was Draupadi's year with Yudhishtir. As usual Nakul regretted not having an opportunity to go on pilgrimage. By that time all of them got their other wives apart from Draupadi. Devika came into Yudhishtir's life and Jalandharaa into Bheem's. Nakul married karenumati,the  Chedi  princess and Sahadev married Vijaya, the Magadha princess.
Kunti scolded Nakul. "Why do you always say so ? Like all of you Arjun also is married to them "
. Bheem complained. "But not like Arjun who is increasing the number direction wise . "
Everyone laughed.Draupadi became immune to pain now ,Priyamvada thought. Panchali became the mother of two more sons Nakul's and Sahadev's..   Her face expressed no feeling on hearing the news of Chitra . She remained still, going through her daily routine.  Sahadev tried to defend Arjun."The Hilly region Manipur is an important region . The hilly tribes have great unity among them. If one king accepts alliance with us, others also honour that. I already told you Bhrata Arjun is strengthening our  power. No need to feel remorseful. "
Draupadi went to her chamber and stood before the mirror. She became the mother of four children but she still looks as bewitching as she used to. Arjun also must have enhanced his appeal. With each marriage, his desirability factor is reaching sky level. But she finds solace in the fact that his other wives may not come to Indraprasth. That is the only saving grace for her otherwise painfully hurt heart. Draupadi composed herself. She should exercise restrain as whenever a news of Arjun's marriage reaches she will lose her purpose to live there by making others realise her inner feelings. But she was so normal when her other husbands married again. And they might have guessed the reason. What can she do? Her love for Arjun is the reason for her existence. It stays in the face of thunderstorms and toofani winds. She can't deny the fact.
Chitra is beaming with the glow of pregnancy. She has almost forgot her life long dream to be a great archer courtesy her charming husband who never really took interest in making her one. Now Chitra hopes to see her yet to be born son as a great warrior who can  take the fame of her husband to enviable heights. Arjun is preparing to leave for saubhadra Tirth and visit the sacred places around. He will return to bless his new born as Chitra is due to deliver within a short while.
Is it necessary to leave me in this position and wander  ? Stay back .chitra pouted .
Arjun patted on her cheek. Who is speaking? The warrior princess? Not fair. He teased. ...
Chitra knew that her husband stayed for more time in Manipur and not happy  about that. He is in the last phase of his pilgrimage so he wishes to bring his schedule on track. ...
Arjun went to Saubhadra Tirth and attempted to take bath in the ocean. The Brahmins prevented him and told him big sized crocodiles live in the waters and eat those who enter into them. Arjun refused to budge and entered into the waters. A ferocious crocodile caught hold of his feet and pulled him inside .Arjun snatched his feet from its mouth and threw the crocodile on to the shore.Suddenly the crocodile turned into a beautiful lady and said. "O kuntiputr.I am Nanda,a resident of Alakapuri. I along with my four friends saurabheyi, samichi,Budbudha and Latha tried to disturb the penance of a sage and were cursed by him to become crocodiles. Then he granted Us relief by saying that we will get our own forms when you come here on pilgrimage. Sage Narada told us to live in this ocean and wait for you. Please grace my friends also. " Arjun felt pity over them and and relieved the other four also from curse.
That Tirth became famous by the name Nari Tirth. Then he got the news of the birth of his son and returned to Manipur. Chitra 's son was named Babhruvahan.Arjun proudly held him in his hands and offered him to Chitravahan,as his successor. His eyes became wet as he can not be with his son in his growing up years. He took leave of Chitra with a heavy heart."Make my son a great warrior like his mother. "Arjun 's taunt made Chitra laugh despite her tear filled eyes. Arjun hugged her and said "come to Indraprastha with Babhru. Mother will bless him. You can meet my queen also. Chitra shot  the barb.Are you sure, your fire born wife will invite me whole heartedly?
Arjun confidently said. "After taming the warrior princess I hope I can convince my fire born also. Chitrafeigned anger. Loads of Attitude.she commented. That is Arjun...He smiled .

..Arjun reached Prabhas  tirth after visiting Gokarna Kshetr.      He was told that Dwaraka was so nearer to Prabhas. His joy knew no bounds. He is going to be with his Madhav again. His tiresome heart can find peace only in his presence. He entered the waters and stood facing the huge tides. He closed his eyes and murmured.Madhav...
I am here Parth.Krishna's voice is heard from behind him. Arjun was wonder struck . As he turned back he saw his Madhav standing in waters smiling at  him. Before he could say anything, Krishna hugged him tight. Arjun clasped his neck with his strong arms and stayed still with tears in his eyes. The tides made fun with the friends rising over their heads and throwing them into the water with force. The soul mates enjoyed playing with water,swimming deep inside and coming back after getting exhausted.
Krishna's heart melted over his Parth. How cruel the fate is with him? He who established Indraprasth is wandering like a homeless ascetic,that too without the slightest remorse. He who won his Krishnaa has sacrificed her for his brother's sake and roaming with a broken heart.  Krishna determined to make his Parth's stay at Dwaraka memorable. He knew what to do next. He took him to Raivataka mountain where he made every arrangement to make their stay comfortable . 

After Arjun ate with his Madhav,he recounted the tales of his pilgrimage. Krishna listened with great interest. So ulupi, Arya, Chitrangada who is next? He teased him.
Arjun smiled back and replied. "I have a valid reason for taking each of them,he asserted. "
Krishna laughed. Now where will this leave my Sakhi ? How could you convince her? I am sure she will burn with fury as her wait for you and the joy of reunion will be marred by the new women in your life.  "
Arjun is desperate . I know Madhav. I am also not less eager to meet her and fulfill my love. "Krishna placed his hand round his shoulder. Don't worry Parth, Time will heal all wounds. I know my Sakhi. Even if she is angry with you initially she will certainly understand your position. Now if you are not sleepy I want to inform you something.
Arjun is all attention. Tomorrow I will take you to satya's mansion where you should stay as my guest. Arjun's face changed colours on hearing satya's name.Cant I stay with Rukmini Devi? he asked.Krishna replied, mischievously .No Parth.You can't. Because Subhadra lives there. My ladli sister is your ardent admirer Parth, "Krishna stressed the obvious. Arjun stared at his Madhav in total confusion.