Part title

It has been nine days since Arjun had gone and Draupadi tried her best to accustom herself to the routine of Hastinapur palace. She followed her mother in law kunti 's orders and did whatever is entrusted to her. Compared with Kampilya Hastinapur has a different style of functioning. In Kampilya it was a small unit as per the royal family is concerned ,her father,brother, his wife, Satyajit and family. There is more casual atmosphere than the royal norms.

Here in Hastinapur everything is done as per the strict code of conduct supervised by kaka Vidur and grand father. Gandhari is easy going whereas her mother in law is rigid in following norms. The hundred Kauravas are riot with their friend Angraj karn meddling in  every single matter. He is scornful for not being able to go for yavana Expedition and often let out his frustration in the royal court.
Whenever his name is mentioned Draupadi saw an anguish filled expression on  kunti's face. She thought she must be considering him as Arjun's strong opponent. But she knows how karna failed to hold ground against Arjun after the swayamvar and abruptly retired hurt. Draupadi often thought of her precious moments with Arjun at Gurukul and in Kampilya and wondered if he would think of her at least once in a while. There isn't news from yavana yet and Kunti started feeling impatient and asked Yudhishtir to gather information  about Arjun.
Gandhari is cool and said that Arjun definitely will teach a lesson to the  yavana king. On the eleventh day news came about the surrender of yavana king .He was taken a prisoner after he admitted defeat at Arjun's hand. Sahadev came with the good news and could not control his excitement.Gandhari asked him to elaborate on Arjun's victory.
Sahadev narrated.
Yavana king made arrangements to continue with his resistance as long as he can. As he was already defeated by Arjun once he is doubtful of himself but his ego made him refuse the peace treaty which Arjun put forward. Arjun asked him to immediately pay the tribute or else he will be tackled in the battle ground.
Still yavana king delayed his reply and in the meanwhile  tried to get more number of soldiers from his friend,the king of sauvir who was also defeated by Arjun and nourishing a grudge. After four days of sitting idle Arjun sensed something wrong and just checked in time to stop the military help entering  yavan. He captivated all of them and sent message to Sauvira king to join the battle if he feels like.
The sauvira king repented and asked for forgiveness. He could not forget his humiliation in his previous battle when Arjun literally made him flee for his life. Arjun became serious and asked Yavana king to enter the battlefield and save his dignity. He said he would not extend a friendly hand now as he crossed his limits. The yavana king faced Arjun but  was defeated within a short while and Arjun killed his commander in chief who is a great warrior and supported his king with his might. Arjun took him as a prisoner and took over yavana Kingdom .
He appointed his second commander there as our representative and may come in four five days. "Sahadev finished his narration and said with excitement. "Maata, if Bhrata Arjun did not stop the military help it would have been more bloodshed and unnecessary delay in tackling Yavana. Now Bhrata did a good thing by taking him prisoner. Father Pandu could not tackle him but Bhrata Arjun knows how to tackle such people."
Sahadev smiled at Draupadi who is listening with attention. Kunti's face brightened.If only his father is here to see his son's glory. She lamented. Sahadev took her into his arms."Maata he is seeing his beloved son's exploits,I am sure. "

Gandhari proudly stated. That is my Arjun. Your Pitamah certainly did the correct thing by not sending Duryodhan and Angaraj. Draupadi!be ready to welcome your victorious husband. "
Kunti looked at Draupadi's face glowing with overflowing love for her heroic son. Kunti desperately wished her Bahu to be not that much transparent.

Yudhishtir  visited Draupadi after his court session next day. He complimented her for being the good luck charm for pandavas as Arjun became victorious in yavana battle. Draupadi firmly denied his praise. "How can you attribute his success to me? I can not take credit for his achievement. "Yudhishtir reasoned with her. Panchali. This is his first encounter after marriage. So your presence certainly worked in favour. "
Draupadi argued with him. "Arjun's achievements can be traced back to his childhood days. The bird target, protection of GuruDron,  Conquest before Lakshagrih, Defeat of Yavana sauviras, vanquishing Chitraratha and the fish target,followed by victory at the swayamvar of hostile kings including karna all this happened before my entrance ."
She stopped to take breath. Yudhishtir looked at her with surprise. "You are well informed about his triumphs. I am proud of my younger brother. "He said wholeheartedly.
You know in the court today every one praised Arjun's valour. Grandfather and Guru Dron ,you should see their faces, how proud they are. And that useless Duryodhan and his foolish friend karna could not raise their heads. "Bheem who just entered said with excitement.
Panchali smiled at him and welcomed him. Yudhishtir scolded him "why do you always take every thing about them negatively ? As such I  could not support Arjun's decision to make yavana king a prisoner. He should have been restored back in his kingdom. "
Draupadi could not control herself. "How could you feel so? If given a chance every one witnessed how he rebelled and even tried to spoil other kings. Arjun's decision was perfectly in sink with the situation. "She retorted sharply.
Bheem's face flushed with admiration for her. You are right Panchali. Even grandfather supported Arjun's decision in the court. You know only jyeshth Bhrata thinks otherwise. "He said so and took leave of them to go to mother Kunti.