Part title

Panchali woke up a little late and is in hurry  to attend on worship.. Last night she slept so late immersed in her confusing thoughts.. She deliberated whether to wear the special garments or not and slept undecided..She now has to make it up by being in the worship room atleast in half an hour time.

Suddenly she saw Priyamvada enter with Malini . They are holding a tray in which so many fragrant scents and herbal oils are there mixed up with rose petals.

Panchali looked surprised and said" maasi.. Why did you bring all these? I have to go in time for worship. Already I am late."

Priyamvada started loosening her hair while Malini applied herbal oil to her hair. Priyamvada assured." Don't worry princess..Kunti said today worship will commence after an hour. She asked me to inform you." Panchali wondered what must be the reason to do so.

Despite her resistance.. Priyamvada made her take herbal bath in scented rose waters with the help of Malini and other maids. She personally held her hair while Malini made the sambrani dhup that made Panchali relax from her tiresome thoughts.

When the red sari is picked for her Draupadi protested." It looks special. I don't want to wear..

Priyamvada did not agree . She just proceeded in her own way..and the end result is unbelievable. Priyamvada hugged her and declared." I don't think any one as beautiful as you are born in the past. You are simply extraordinary. Princess.. Whoever gave you this will swoon over your beauty today"
Priyamvada smiled with pleasure while Panchali's face turned red.

Priyamvada then opened the door for Maharaj Drupad who looked waiting since a while. Panchali got surprised and asked" Are you fine? Pitasri why did you wake up this early? You need something?

Drupad looked at her with affection and placed his hand on her head." You wore new dress..don't you take my blessing? "

Panchali bent down and touched his feet. Drupad blessed heartfully." May you live with peace and happiness. May you reign supreme in the heart of your husband... He has tears in his eyes.

How did you like your attire selected by Parth?" Panchali turned back and saw Krishna smiling with mischief. Before she could say anything he answered his question himself." Extraordinary. Nothing less than that. You must appreciate Parth..for his taste.

Panchali asked him with suspicion." Govind..you are here at such an early hour? Why? To invite your friend's special guest?

Drupad and Krishna looked at each other meaningfully hiding their smiles.lkrishna approached Panchali and touched her elbow." Let us go Kalyani.. Bua must be waiting for you.he started walking with her who desparately wanted answers for her questions.

The early morning breeze is so soothing and the birds are twittering coming out of their nests.they .sounded sweet.. Panchali felt a strange feeling of contentment that particular moment. What could be the reason she can not fathom.

Krishna looked at her and said tongue in cheek. " Ofcourse your feeling of happiness and relief is the result of someone else's hard work. Don't forget to reward him be fittingly.

Panchali raised her eyebrows." What is the connection between my happiness and your friend? You are too much Govind..she sulked.

Krishna stopped her and questioned looking straight in her eyes. " Say it honestly. No connection at all? Don't I know how you suffered when he was away from you? Now he returned. You continue your angry mode. Still you love him so much. You have only one competitor for you...and that is me.

Panchali smiled at his last words.Knowing all this you made Subhadra live with him before my eyes. And you swear on your concern for me..she did not say it. But her Govind heard it.

He placed his hand on her head and said." It is inevitable. Kuru clan needed that. But I confess.. Your position in his life remain unchanged.. Kalyani..make peace with yourself. Honour your love. Accept his love. You both are made for each other..

Suddenly the musicians started blowing the instruments.. The welcome music that is rendered when she enters the assembly.

Panchali raised her eyes and saw  the bards sing songs..not on the Pandavas but...herself.
Suddenly the main priest faced her and blessed her raising his hand. Dhaumya and his desciples started chanting Vedic hymns..

Krishna took Panchali by her hand and made her touch Kunti's feet. Kunti smiled at Krishna and said" Kanha your Sakhi is looking Devine today.. Reason?

Panchali got embarrassed and held the thali to do Aarti to Durga.

Just then she found someone else also hold the thali by placing his hands under hers. Panchali sensed the touch and turned sideways. Arjun smiled at her and turned towards the goddess.

The Fateful Evening Part lOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara