Part 171

Satya  approached Arjun who just finished his archery practice. She looked at him who is glowing with radiance due to his recitation of mantras associated with Astras which he memorises twice a week.
He had  placed his Gandiv  on a pedestal that was built under a tree. He turned around looked at Satya and had an amused expression on his face. So you decided to eat my brains this early ?
Satya what made you come this side? Madhav is with Kalindi yesterday, you must have thought he will be here now. Satya silently sat on the bench beside him and said , I just came to check your practice. But I am late I think.

She then watched the warrior extraordinaire  who wiped off the sweat on his forehead and leaned back.Satya  wondered at his dedication and determination towards archery.
Panchali told her that he would never miss his practice come what may. Satya asked. Why do you practice daily? As far as I know there is no one who excels over you in archery.
Arjun answered sharply. Skill should not get stagnated, It needs betterment . I shouldn't be complacent and overconfident. It should be a learning process on daily basis.
Satya interrupted. Your judgement is flawless in shooting the fish target. It is often discussed in formal and informal gatherings. How did you do it with that much precision?

Arjun smiled. Still did not forget that ? Satya,I should not look back and enjoy my past achievements And the revolving fish is something that will throw in illusion. The timing should be measured perfectly. The slightest miscalculation will land you in trouble
Satya Smiled in appreciation. She then asked him. Whom do you love the most among your wives? Give me a clue . Is it my husband's sister? Subhadra?
Arjun smiled. Subhadra is a gift given to me by Madhav. Whenever I miss Madhav, I take solace in being with Subhadra. Satya is triumphant, he spoke finally. She thought. But she is disappointed about Panchali. After all she is the best. But Arjun seems to favour Subhadra.
Arjun observed her feelings and said seriously. You know Satya, Mother says Arya is my Devine grace. She is united with me by UmaParvati herself. She is my Devine partner.Ihave a special place for her in my heart.
Satya looked bewildered. So you love Arya it seems she said bitterly.
Arjun got up and lazily strode towards the big branch of the mango tree and held it with upstreched arm.

Satya , you know how I married Chitra? I challenged her that within one day I will marry her and teach her archery. And I did it. Of course after marriage Chitra's field of interest changed. Obviously. He winked with a naughty expression.
You must understand How besotted I am with Chitra to do so.

Satya is irritated. Her problem is getting complicated more and more. Arjun came back. Sat beside her.
Why isn't Madhav coming yet? He wondered.

Satya  asked him. So Chitra rules your heart. Is it? Arjun smiled. Actually  I got too angry when I came to know Vasuki's sister is in love with me. But after realising her admiration that was unique I surrendered. Satya, believe me she is too good. I never saw such undaunted love without even meeting me in person. She is unique.

Satya is miffed. Arjun is making things worse. So is it Rekha the ultimate for him?

Arjun observed her and took her hand in his. I never said this before. But Ulupi is really the one who lured me into conjugal life. I am indebted to her for doing so. Only she could have pulled me out of celibacy. She is superb.

Satya thought. Really,Ulupi is the one who made Arjun experience conjugal bliss. He must be having a soft corner. It is justified.
Arjun placed his palms behind his head . He closed his eyes and stammered. I don't think any one had ever done that what was done by me in Madhurai. But any thing  for Alli. She is beautiful but loved me Too much. I am thankful to Madhav for making her my partner.

Satya got up with force. As she walked two steps, Arjun called back. Don't want to listen about my first wife? Born for me from fire,my Krishnaa you know how dear she is to me. She is your friend. You know how much she loves me and I love her. Satya deliberated. She knew them since their marriage . Obviously his queen rules his heart. But how could she prove who is he besotted with?

Grand Father warned Arjun. Don't let any controversy happen with your cousins. They will spoil the atmosphere. And that Angaraj just instigates Duryothan. They both are walking at the outskirts where beautiful buildings were under construction by Maya. Arjun questioned. Is there any occasion where they did not create controversy? Pitamah, I am really scared of that Karna's big mouth not his arrows. I thank my stars for the happy ending of Alli's issue.

Bheeshm teased him. When your deed is something prone to criticism you should be ready to face it. I never thought my grandson will become a snake to enter the chamber of a queen.

Arjun smirked. What shall I do? She is stubborn. She became a hurdle towards performing Rajasuya. Bheeshma smiled looking at his endearing face. Vaasudev suggested that so I had forgiven, Also I found Alli so docile and submissive now. Totally fitted into Kurukul Vadhu mode. What mantra did you use for that?

Arjun's face flushed and he admitted. Nothing special . Believe me He said. Bheeshm laughed and patted his back . ..Yudhishtir told Panchali to get ready  for Rajasuya mentally and physically. I hope you will  survive the physical strain involved. He said softly. Panchali kept quiet. She still  belongs to Atjun  as per Kunti 's  order.