Part 200

( Panchali gifting painting repeated here..since it was not visible in previous part it seems for reasons unknown)
The evening dazzled with lights and crackers illuminating the sky of Indraprasth. Satya conducted mind games for the children and entertained them.Abhi enjoyed his wins and got presentations. Arjun made him wear the armour and helmet along with hand guards not bothering Subhadra's protests. He gave him his small bow and fixed targets to shoot. Abhi is perfection itself. He did not miss at least one. Guru Dron wondered at his precision and told Arjun. You are the most fortunate father Arjun. Your son inherited everything from you.
After that every one presented gifts to Abhi. Clothes,ornaments, toys...Satya called every one on the stage and made them give gifts. She gave a very cute set of ear rings to Abhi that Subhadra liked so much.
Then Satya asked Abhi. Now whom would I call? Abhi instantly replied. Jyesht Mata.
Panchali who is too busy with the preparations for night dinner is pulled by Satya on to the stage. She is looking Devine in her beautiful Ananda blue saree with jasmines in her hair, The nose ring,the mang kaa Teeka, she looked gorgeous . Panchali where is the gift? Satya asked. Every one including Arjun is looking eagerly.
She called Malini on to the stage. Malini held a big Folder in her hand. She unfolded it in such a way that every one can see. It is a large sized painting. Arjun looking down at Abhi with all his love and Abhi holding his hand and looking up into his father's face with admiration.
Both are holding bows and quivers . Every one stared at it spellbound.It looked as if Arjun and Abhi are there on the stage. The mixing of colours ,the sketch is so perfect.
Abhi started jumping on the stage,excited. Arjun could not believe his eyes. Krishnaa paints that well? He never knew. Krishna teased him. Parth.control yourself. You know my Sakhi is so talented. Before her marriage she painted your picture so perfectly when she saw you in the temple.
Dron and Bheeshm wholeheartedly praised Draupadi. Kunti is in shock. Her Bahu got so much talent hidden in her? Bheem is excited. Panchali,why are you spending time in the kitchen.? You should pursue your talent.
Nakul teased. Bhrata ,She can do it when you allow her free time no?
Panchali hugged Abhi blessed him and started to go. Satya stopped her.Wait. Don't go away. She then called Arjun to come on the stage. Krishna pushed him forward and he reluctantly went on stage.
Satya started. How did you like Panchali's gift? Arjun is apprehensive that his Eldest is watching them. But Satya did not leave him. Say a few words. She demanded. Arjun confessed. It is awesome. I never thought she paints so well.
So what do you do to encourage her ? Satya quizzed.
Arjun made a straight face.and replied. I will learn cooking and get trained by Bhrata Bheem so that I can replace her in the kitchen and help her pursue her talent.
The whole gathering laughed uncontrollably with Nakul clapping the most and Krishna reaching the stage to hug Parth.Satya's face became red at the way Arjun mocked her question.
Panchali could not control herself and turned back laughing . Arjun's wives laughed till they get tears.
Kunti Gandhari and Gurumata smiled looking at one another. The Big Heads enjoyed the smartness of Parth and started walking out with smiles on their faces to let the younger crowd enjoy freely.
Satya asked Parth. I hope you did not forget that you have to give a gift to her as you committed before your friend and me. Swami is it true? She asked sweetly.
Krishna got onto the stage stood besides Satya and looking adoringly into her eyes confessed. Yes dear, you always say truth. Parth Make it fast. What gift will you give?
Every one is curious and Arjun looked at Panchali and immediately retorted. What can I give to her Satya Devi? See all the treasury of Indraprasth is under her control. See the Bunch of keys. Hanging with her only. I can't even steal anything.

Satya thought it better to take Krishna's help to deal with Arjun. Swami ask your Parth to give the gift to Panchali. He is trying to escape cleverly. She told Krishna in her alluring manner. Krishna obliged. Sure Satya. I will help you. Parth,now do it quick. You have to give her double gifts actually for. painting your picture so well . Arjun immediately pulled him to his side and stated. Enough of pampering her. Now it is my turn to get pampered. You give the gift on my behalf. Krishna smiled at him and assured Satya by nodding his head.
Panchali felt embarassed and pleaded with Satya . Leave me now. Let Abhi enjoy the evening. It is his due now. As she started to get down, Abhi ran to her and stopped. JyeshtMata, don't go now. Let Pitasri and Mama give double gifts to you. You drew my picture so well. Now take the gifts from them.panchali tried to convince him but of no use.
Suddenly Krishna's voice held the attention of every one. ' On behalf of Parth I am giving my Sakhi the gift that she deserves. The gift is my promise to her...I will protect you always wherever I am, even if miles away from you, I stand by you and save your honour. "
Arjun and Panchali looked with shock on their faces, Panchali with unknown fear and Arjun with the same confusion.Krishna continued. ' I hold you Sakhi in high esteem, I respect your honesty, Dignity and Selfless sacrifice. On this occasion I swear I will definitely make those whoever hurts you in any way see their End. And this I swear on my love for Parth. " As Krishna finished his words, Duryothan had a shivering in his veins.
Sakuni remarked. To whom is he giving warning bells? Dussasan rolled his eyes and Karn grumbled. Too much . What does he mean to say? I can not understand.
Panchali had tears in his eyes. Arjun questioned with his eyes. Krishna became his charming self and asked Subhadra to do Arti to Abhimanyu again. The atmosphere became normal and Rekha and Mitravinda sang a beautiful song invoking Maa Durga's blessings on Abhimanyu.

The dinner happened to be one of the best in Indraprasth. Even important people of the city also arrived and blessed Abhimanyu. Subhadra gave Abhimanyu two whitestoned bangles and asked him to give them to Pragati.Panchali liked them so much. She made her daughter wear them immediately. The first gift by her brother. Chitra asked Alli. On seeing Pragati you also must be desiring a daughter. Alli is confused. I don't know. When I see her I want a daughter. But when I see the boys I feel  for a son. Ulupi smiled. You will get both. Alli, son and daughter.
Rekha told them. My brother sent message. He will send my sister inlaw and my son shortly. I miss him so much. Arya asked Ulupi. Call Iravan also Naga princess, Then every one will be here. There may not be an occasion to meet like this again.He is the Eldest among Arya Arjun'ssons.
Ulupi is thoughtful. Iravan is in heaven learning warfare. Will he leave that and come? But it would be nice to have him here. She decided to send message to her father Kauravya.Subhadra came there and offered them very beautiful saris in same colour that is the Rani Pink with golden border specially brought by Rukmini for all of them.
Let us wear them tomorrow evening together,she said What is special tomorrow evening? Chitra asked. There will be a dance performance of our  Rajanartaki's daughter Jayanti. For the first time she will perform on stage. She is eighteen years old. Subhadra explained
. Yes I know. That First performance marks their Public exposure. Chitra said. What does your brother's words mean Subhadra,I didn't understand. Can you elaborate? Subhadra replied.I have no clue at all. My brother's words are more like puzzles. Even Arjun says he can't understand my brother's words.
You don't call him Arya? Rekha asked with surprise. Subhadra smiled. No. I never call him that. Chitra teased. Bua's son no? That must be the reason.But Panchali also calls him Arjun. I heard once. She declared.

The Fateful Evening Part 2 started today..continued the story there..