Part 170

Panchali wondered  at Arya's willpower. She is happy that  such devoted wife is there for her Arjun. Arya's  devotional power will certainly guard him who is always on the move and adventurous.
In the evening   Kunti held Asirvad for her grandsons. Five sons of Panchali, Abhi, Arya's son  Aaryam  ,Chitra's son Babhru along with the sons of Devika,Karenu ,Jalandhara and Vijaya  were seated together.
Kunti asked Ulupi and Rekha why they did not bring their sons. Ulupi said Iravath went to Heaven with her father. Rekha said her brother will bring him as he is too attached to him and his wife.
Pragati  being the only girl  every one attended upon her.
But Kirti as usual refused to sit unless his mother sits with him.
Bheem scolded Panchali. Why did you pamper him that much?  He should learn to be without you.
Panchali is miffed. She retorted. Arya Bheem, just because his sister is born we can not  assume he should grow up. He is still a baby. He needs his mother.
Priyamvada reminded. Bheem, did you forget how your brother Arjun never left your mother's side? His bow and his mother, he is inseparable with them.
Kirti got that only. Kunti nodded in agreement. Till Sahadev came into my lap, Phalgun never left me. Grand father took his responsibility afterwards.
Bheeshma  smiled and patted  Kirti who literally looked like Arjun's replica. Where is your father? He asked.
Just then Arjun entered with Krishna and hugged his grandfather from behind. Your childhood is  discussed now as your son is exactly doing what you did, Kunti told him.
Arjun looked at Kirti who is held by Panchali. His daughter is happily settled in Kunti's arms.
Bheem complained. Atleast you tell Panchali not to pamper Kirti that much.
Arjun smilingly scolded Panchali, Drop him down. Bhrata Bheem is telling no?
Krishna  smiled and   Warned Arjun,  Now you stay out of this Parth see how Krishnaa is firing at you.
Arjun laughed and added. What is surprise? She is fireborn, Her nature is to fire.
Panchali  side glanced him and continued holding Kirti. Kunti Asked Panchali to sit with Kirti and she held Pragati.
The Brahmins chanted auspicious verses and did Asirvad.
Satya desperately waited for an opportunity to make Arjun confess whom he loved the most.
Alli imagined her son also sitting with the boys. Rekha asked her. What if a daughter is born?
Alli answered proudly. She will rule Madhurai like me.
Subhadra did Aarti to children and put Tilak to them . Abhi jumped down and  insisted on putting Tilak to Pragati. Subhadra tried to scold him but Krishna and Arjun stopped her and made Abhi do Tilak  carefully on Pragati's forehead. Subhadra is desperate. She told Bheem to scold them as they pamper him too much. ...
Arya  stood at the window of her chamber and did not notice Arjun's arrival. Arjun came closer and asked. What are you thinking? Where is my son? Slept already? Arya said yes just now. She then made him sit and did long Tilak on his forehead. She then tied a black thread to his hand.
What is this? He asked. Mata's Asirvad. It will save you from buri nazar.
Arjun asked pretending innocence. From men? Or women?
Arya smiled and answered From your rivals. Arjun made her sit beside him and asked. You know what Mata said?
Arya nodded in negative. That I am too fortunate to have you as my wife. Arya bent her face and said. It is my good fortune. Mata's grace brought  us together.
Arjun  gathered her in his arms and  admitted. It is my destiny to have you

... Panchali  just then took bath and getting ready to go earlier to help Priyamvada as she could not sleep well. It is still dark and her children are sleeping soundly. She told Malini to be with them and  take care of them.
While she is telling so Arjun walked in. Malini went out closing the door.
Panchali looked at his face . She saw the long Tilak on his forehead and hid her smile thinking of Arya who must have put that. Then she remembered that she has to be angry with him as he took his Bhrata Bheem's side.
She told him. I will go to worship chamber. If you want you relax till you go for practice.

Arjun asked this early? Why? He pulled her Pallu end and started rubbing his Tilak which he thought is too long. Panchali tried to take her Pallu and pleaded with him. Arjun,just now I wore this. And again I have to change. By the way you took your Bhrata's side and scolded me and my son. She reminded him.
Arjun looked at her beautiful face fresh and more endearing with her expression of anger. He pulled her closer and said Actually I forgot why I came. I came to say sorry for that. He clasped her waist and said. You know it is too dark. You should not go out at this time.
Panchali understood his intention. She bit her lip and asked. So would you accompany me ?get ready then.
Arjun made her lean on the spacious bed. He bent and looked into her lotus eyes. Yes I will take you there. But Afterwards. He did not allow her to get up. Don't  make any noise. Your dear son will get up and won't allow even his father to touch his mother .
Panchali tried her last pretext. Arjun, I  already took bath...But he is in no mood to listen.