Part 188

Panchali came out of her trance and sulked. Why is this unnecessary stress ? Is there any necessity to do this in such hurry? Arjun is serious. I just said to Nakul and Eldest asked me to prove it. Any day we have to do this no?

Panchali did not relent. Your challenge need not be taken that serious by your Eldest. See how hard you worked all day? Are you sitting idle that you should be thrown more in your domain? Arjun said patiently What is wrong in that? This is our work only and we are delaying it on some pretext or other. I know you can't rush up things as it is not possible with Pragati. You relax. Still one fourth only is left. I will finish off within two hours.

Arjun continued his scrutiny and posting with his trademark concentration and dedication. Panchali helplessly lied back and suddenly she realised that Arjun did not even look at her thoroughly . Generally he will inhale the jasmines and instantly complement  her for vying with them with her natural fragrance.But absorbed in his work he did not even observe her or her jasmines. Draupadi got hurt. She is the most beautiful woman around and he did not get influenced as he used to be,She is so near to him and his attention is on accounts?

So his Eldest's word prevails over her influence.True. Panchali immediately decided . She will see to it that her charm works on him but not his brother's order.
She moved nearest to him and almost obstructed his vision. Arjun did not move his eyes but the sheet (taal Patr) which he is checking moved up and is placed on her waist. Arjun made his position on his elbow and turned the sheets without the slightest diversion.
Panchali got miffed and started. Why did you challenge at all? We could have done this at our pace. And your Eldest,he simply orders without understanding.
Arjun moved his lekhini (pen) to correct some figures and replied without looking at her. You should thank him and mother Krishnaa,They both helped us do our work without any disturbance. Mata kept all your cowives at Dipotsav . Otherwise they will claim my time, you know it.
Arjun knitted his eyebrows as she turned to him completely and threw his sheet down. He picked it and placed it on his thigh changing his position into a sitting posture. Panchali got up into a sitting position placed her head on his shoulder and confronted. They will claim you? Your wives? How dare they do that ? You know I am your first wife.you tasted love for the first time in my presence only. I am not talking about physical thing. Of course your Naaga princess scores over every one I know.
Arjun smiled slightly on hearing  her usual remark of intolerance towards Ulupi. But again he got absorbed in his checking not bothering about Panchali's sulking.
Draupadi raised her eyebrows. Now she experienced the most talked about Dedication and concentration of her husband that made him pierce the birdEye then the fish Target and his victories over gods and demons. Of course she is happy with his undeterred concentration but still she is unhappy for being there and not able to move him with her beauty and love.
Panchali then smiled to herself. She also should take it as a challenge and win over him. She then took the large garland of jasmines lying there and placed it round his neck and pulled him forward. Tell your wives. Arjun is Krishnaa's. Only if she obliges they can have him with themselves. Otherwise no chance for them.
Arjun who kept his eyes down checking the final part of the accounts has a smile at the corner of his eyes that is not seen by Panchali. She got angry and with face turned red got down and went to her Jhula and lied on it with face hid in her pillow. After ten minutes she felt herself rising up into the arms of him whom she tried to win over with her passionate love. Arjun brought her inside and placed her on the spacious couch.
Panchali protested. Go and check your accounts. Do your Eldest's wish. Why do you come to me now? Arjun kissed her on her beautiful face everywhere and confessed. You know how difficult you made my work  to me? I controlled myself so that tomorrow you need not give an explanation to Eldest. Believe me.
He started worshipping her beauty and Panchali whispered in his ears. You are a liar but still  I love  you.
Arjun hid his face in her heart with moisture in his eyes. Krishnaa is his only. Arjun's Krishnaa she is...

The next day as the Finance minister submitted her report Yudhishtir praised. Good work. You must have worked very hard all through yesterday. Krishna laughed and commented. Of course Parth and Panchali worked hard till late night. Then only it became possible. Am I correct Sakhi?  He questioned tongue in cheek.
Panchali bent her face down while Arjun had an embarassed look on his face. Sahadev teased Nakul. Now never be the reason for Bhrata Arjun's challenge . He will always win.
Bheem pleaded with Arjun. Please my dearArjun I challenge you to make those bunch of jokers Duryodhan,Dussasan ,Karn and Sakuni run away from Indraprasth as soon as they land here.
Every one laughed and Yudhishtir scolded Bheem. Always make fun of our cousins. Gandhari Mata is here. Remember that. And Arjun, I want them to get the best accommodations and fecilities.Don't go by Bheema's words. He left leaving  Bheema make an unpleasant face and telling Panchali. There is only one way left to throw them away. Let us ask Jalandhara to cook for them. They will run miles away from Indraprasth.
Every one laughed till they get tears in their eyes as they know how bad a cook Jalandhara is.