Part 121

The news of Arjun's victory reached Indraprasth.As usual Kunti became emotional. Tears rolled down her cheeks remembering Maharaj Pandu. Why is he not there to see his son's triumphs? Priyamvadha did you remember how he used to rave about his third son who held the toy bow perfectly and fixed the arrow at five years of age? He used to say. My Arjun is the personification of Kshatriya valour. I asked for such son only And  I was granted the boon . Why is fate so cruel with us? Kunti wailed uncontrollably.
Sahadev consoled her. Mata be brave. This is the time to rejoice . Let us celebrate brother's victory. Panchali you should arrange special treats for brother. Sahadev looked at her meaningfully and said.

Panchali wondered. Sahadev is said to be known  for his knowledge of past and present. Did he know her secret also? She kept quiet and signalled Priyamvada not to reveal anything.
Yudhishtir felt relieved for saving the citizens as well as helping Hastinapur by honouring Bheeshma's order.As  they are all awaiting Arjun's return, information came that he is dealing with Hrada Asuras,demons who lived in Manivart helping the Vidyadharas. All those demons went to Rasatal at the time of his war with Vidyadharas. When they heard about the death of Vidyadhara king they came in large numbers to attack Arjun.
Draupadi sighed with despair. Arjun is synonymous with war.,there is very little time he will spend outside the battle field. That also she won't be able to be with him . If the three year time slot is over she has to move on.

Kunti asked Draupadi to do special puja for Durga and fast for Arjun on Fri day. Priyamvada got worried. She can't tell Kunti about Draupadi's condition and at the same time ,could not see the princess go through fasting. She requested the queen. Princess let me tell your motherinlaw at least. She is worried about demons who are in large numbers. That is the reason why she insisted on  your  fasting.
Panchali assured her. Nothing will happen to me. I will complete the fasting and puja...
on the war front Arjun is tackling large groups of demons who are terrible and ferocious.
It is fifteen days since the war between demons and Arjun started. Thousands of demons were killed by Arjun. But still there are many demons who are gearing up to enter the war. Arjun knew that the demons are stubborn and foolish. They are mad when they are into something and they won't see reason.And Gandiv never gets tired nor would he who holds it. But his army is limited as he did not expect a battle with demons only a select few came with him. He does'nt want to lose them in this meaningless battle.And why are these groups not becoming less in number even though he killed most of them.He should think of something that would finish the battle in a short while.
He does'nt want to use too many divyastras on them as it may cause mass destruction and   the after effects would be disastrous. Arjun started walking by the riverside with Gandiv in hand.there are few hermitages at a distance to the war field. He thought of visiting the sages after the war.

Suddenly he got the urge to visit the noble sages and pay his respects.As he entered the main Asram he was welcomed by the desciples of sage Bharadwaj. He entered inside and saw the sage who closed his eyes in meditation. After a while he opened his eyes and looked deep into Arjun's eyes.
Arjun touched his feet and folded his hands.Sage Bharadwaj blessed Arjun keeping his hand on his head. "Son of Indra,welcome to our hermitage. He said.
Arjun replied humbly. My good fortune great sage,I am blessed with your Darshan.
The sage asked him to sit on the darbhasan. "Heard so much of your valour. You vanquished your father also it seems. He said. Arjun smiled. "It is because I have Madhav with me. "The sage admired his humility. "But you just recently defeated the fierce Vidyadharas. Krishna is not there now. "
Arjun replied defiantly.He is always with me Mahatma,The sage laughed broadly. I am pleased. You realised your inseparability. Bhagavad Vedvyas told that you are Nar and Krishna is Narayan. It is true. Your purpose is to cleanse the earth of evil doers.
Arjun said. The war with demons is going on. It is nearer to your place. I hope no discomfort is caused. I resist mostly from using Divyastras so that they won't effect hermitages. Still many rivals are left.He paused.
The sage said benevolently .Arjun,I know your dilemma, If you want you can destroy within minutes all of them. But you don't want to with the fear of causing havoc.now I am telling you the demons you are killing are the troublemakers. They along with Vidyadharas made life horrible for ordinary people. Even we are disturbed by their activities. So don't hesitate to use divyastras. Finish them off. We can save our hermitages from getting effected by them. Don't bother about us.Do your duty.
Arjun bowed before him. I am thankful for your good advice. I will follow your instruction.
A bunch of  desciples of the sage peeped in and looked at Arjun and his Gandiv. Bharadwaj called them inside and showed Arjun and said.Arjun. You know him know?
The boys replied with excitement We know he is the one who hit the Fish target.
And another boy stated. Yes Gurudev. And he won the most beautiful princess.
Sage Bharadwaj laughed at them. You know Arjun,your achievements became the yardsticks of success. Especially the Fish target victory. Arjun smiled with embarrassment.and thought. She is tied up to him in such a way that Arjun will be talked about but her swayamvar is his identification mark.Their names will be taken together by people with so much love...
The war concluded the next day itself with Arjun using Vajrastr on all the rival groups and finishing them off. His army celebrated his victory with so much joy and pomp...
Draupadi did the puja in honour of Durga mata and fasted. This was the third Friday and she is very particular to finish off the Vrat without break. Due to her pregnancy she became week and the fasting added to her state of health.
Kunti observed her and enquired with concern. Bheem scolded her for her fastings. "Why do you spoil hour health? You look anaemic. I will ask mother not to order you to do the vratas. "
Draupadi understood his concern. Nothing will happen to me. I am alright. She assured him.
Bheem still is adamant. "You know Panchali,Arjun vanquished the demons. He may reach today or tomorrow. Now stop fasting. He tried his best to convince her.
Draupadi pleaded with him. This is the last Friday. After that I won't fast.
She worshipped Durga all the night  and fasted. Let my husband return safe whenever he goes to battle. She prayed to the goddess. Early morning itself news came that Arjun already entered Indraprasth.
Infront of the Royal palace Arjun was given  great welcome due to the greatest warrior of Aryavarth. Kunti asked Draupadi to do the Arti. Draupadi stepped forward. She is immensely pleased at his victorious return and would like to welcome him with her heart and soul.Also it is special as she is welcoming him with his son who is flourishing in her. She looked at him and her vision blurred. She can not see him ,She is unable to stand Even.
She just imagined him and did Tilak and Arti but not more than that .Priyamvada sensed her state and took the thali. Panchali closed her eyes and became unconscious in Arjun's arms who held her with anxiety.