Part title

Arjun walked towards her and held her hand...the warmth of his hand revived her from her state of embarrassment,disbelief and confusion. He took her towards the asan that was decorated with flowers and went to the upper part of the boat.

Panchali relaxed a bit and sighed with relief. She took deep breath and assured herself to be calm and composed..No need to get smitten,get mesmarised or get lost in his aura or charisma.. She told herself. He is her offender ,he left her for twelve years ,roamed freely,married multiple times and on top of it made Subhadra the queen of his mansion...may be his heart also..

As she looked at the mirror that was nicely arranged sideways she found her image laughing at her and teasing her." Why do you deceive your self? You are already smitten and mesmarised by his presence. Look at yourself. You are desparately waiting to drool over him,in his arms..

Panchali defiantly resisted." No way.. I am so sure of my self. I was hurt. I won't reconcile with him that easily.I am not weak."

Panchali got up and ascended the steps to reach the top. Where did he go? Leaving her alone? She was irked at his behaviour.

Arjun is making the boat move by swiftly rotating the wheel arranged there. Suddenly she saw Krishna's boat adjacent to them.. Satya is too excited and waving at her...She called out" Panchali I am enjoying so much...you also I hope.. Why is your husband running away from you? " Satya's teasing voice reached Arjun and he turned back to see her lying on Krishna's shoulder

Arjun called back." Why should I run away? Satya looks like you need to check your sensibilities... He walked behind Draupadi,held her waist and raised her hand to wave at them..

Krishna shouted in glee" Parth.. You answered Satya perfectly.. Now let us move in opposite directions. I don't want to disturb your exclusive moments... He addressed Draupadi.." Sakhi you have to give the return gift.. Don't forget.

Instantly Krishna turned his boat in opposite direction and Satya waved again..

The full moon is showering nectar like moonlight . The waters of Yamuna are motionless as if they don't want to disturb the most beautiful woman and the archer par excellence

Panchali stood silent in his arms.. If she try to move away he may feel bad..he did so much for her birth day...but why did he tell lies about his special guest?

Arjun who is observing her expression quickly retorted.." How did you like your birthday event? I hope you enjoyed everything..
Panchali asked without mincing words ' Why did you hide the fact? You fooled me by doing so..

Arjun raised her face and looked into her eyes " First of all your father told me only one day before. If I tell you I have to convince you and I can not allot that much time for that..
And secondly I want to surprise you and see your expression.
Panchali silently listened to him. Arjun continued." Madhav is with me. And my brothers co operated with me. All five of us stood as one in making it possible.

Panchali got irritated. She wanted to hear sweet words like... I did this to win you to please you...
But he is including all his brothers in it thereby proving that when it comes to Draupadi all five of them together only will be taken into account.

She is not Subhadra who can claim her love so boldly.
She raised her eyes and said in a bitter voice.." Ofcourse I know you will never want anything about me to belong to you exclusively..you proved it by sharing...

Arjun's jaw tightened and he pulled her closer," Why do you always misunderstand me.. I didn't mean it that way.. Krishnaa be positive..it will help you get rid of your bitterness.

Panchali bent her head trying to hide the moisture in her eyes. She measured her words and said." I understood Arjun... My place in your life...

Moongod glanced at Rohini as if asking her." Is there a way to get the two loving souls come together and fulfill their love? Rohini has no clue.

The stars are blinking with hope and despair. Will they reconcile? Or not.

Yamuna suddenly became violent with anxiety. The boat bent this side and that side making Panchali get nearer to Arjun out of fear of losing balance. She is standing at the corner with his hands holding her waist. Arjun took her closer and inhaled the blue lotus fragrance.

The jasmines in her hair smiled at him and invited him to feel their beauty and fragrance.

Arjun took her face in his hands and confessed." I did everything to please myself. I want to live the day you arrived into this world for my sake.How gratifying it is to feel that someone is created for your sake? Your arrival,your existence is connected to me. I am the one to make this world blessed with your existence... In a way it is a celebration meant for me not for you..

Panchali moved away from him and declared." I know you are too good with your words. But I am the one at the receiving end. Time and again you proved I am not indespensible and you can have your life entwined with beautiful girls who are smitten by your charm..

Arjun made an innocent face and muttered as if to himself." What is the use of such charm that can not have an impact on you,the most beautiful one ever born...

Panchali turned her face and bit her lip.She knew any moment she may get overpowered by his irresistable charm...She desparately wishes to avoid that.

But heart does not pay attention to what mind wants. She suddenly remembered he did not give her any present . She remembered when Subhadra celebrated her birthday as soon as she arrived at Indraprasth..he gifted her seven different sets of haar to wear all through the week.

Panchali felt some thing touch her neck. Arjun fixed the black beeds short chain with little gold and a beautiful locket hanging in the middle.The locket is too cute as it was embellished with nava ratnas. Arjun took her down to the mirror and Panchali fell in love with the cute chain.

No haar or necklace is a match to this she thought.She raised her head and looked into his hazel eyes. Arjun smiled and said." When I went to Kamarup desh and defeated Yakshas I got it and some more.. I waited to give it to you when we are finally together. Now the occasion is special.. We are together. How did you like it? He asked.

Panchali touched the chain endearingly and decided not to part with it anytime.. She will always keep it. She admitted." It is too beautiful. Unique.

Arjun hugged her from behind and asked,looking into their mirror images." Where is my return gift"