Part 141

Arjun took Panchali to the swing outside her chamber where jasmines always greet them with their fragrance. Both of them sat on it looking into each other's eyes . They convey so much even without saying words.
Arjun  played with her beautiful plait that always attracts him when she did it that way. Panchali caressed his curls smoothly and enquired. So when are your wives arriving? And why did you forget Rekha? Or Mata forgot her?
Arjun replied passively. I think Vasuki will bring her for Rajasuya. He informed me before I left. Panchali thought carefully. She knew if Kunti wants something to be done it will happen.she should pool up all her patience to deal with the situation.
Arjun understood what she is pondering over.Krishnaa They will come only when the  Rajasuya happen.It (http://commences.It) will be suitable for them. Draupadi wondered . Arjun follows his mother and he can also convince her if he wishes. Then why did he keep quiet at the time of her sharing?
Arjun read her question in her EYES.IT (http://eyes.It) is beyond my control then. Especially Eldest is involved in that , not only mother. And your previous birth stories.I failed to deal with all these and I failed in my responsibility of seeing you happy and contented. Arjun's grim voice made Panchali realise  how she reminded the the most painful event of their life.
She tried to change the topic by mentioning Arjun's Pragati. Who suggested the name ? Govind? She asked.
Arjun replied proudly. I selected it. He supported . You did'nt say how it is, Panchali smiled and agreed. It is really nice.
Arjun pulled her down and goaded her. See even the name is ready. I hope we can have her as soon as possible. Saying so Arjun  tried to cajole her into submission but Priyamvada called from the outer corridor. Princess, M aha raj  asks Rajkumar Arjun to be at  the conference hall with Vaasudev Krishna.
Arjun looked at Draupadi who smiled at his disappointed face and warned. Not much time I will give you to bring Kirti's sister to me. He kissed her on her smiling lips and went off.
Draupadi looked at his handsome form moving away from her and wondered. How could she move away from him after their allotted time is over? After twelve years of  anguish she is able to possess him and swallow the beautiful moments in his presence. Now after such togetherness and bliss fate would again take her away from her Arjun.
Panchali took Kirti in her arms and hugged him tightly. My son, Tell your father not to leave us in bitterness again. We can't survive this time. She wailed in a broken voice Priyamvada who came with aushadhi milk took Kirti from her and made Panchali lie on her coach.
She knew the turmoil of the princess as she is the witness of her heartbreak when Arjun went on pilgrimage.she silently massaged Panchali's aching feet and said in a low voice. Be brave my princess, It is time to feed Kirti. Draupadi wiped her eyes and took her cute little one in her arms.
  ()
Arjun met Krishna on the way to conference hall. What happened ? Why did he call at this hour of night? Arjun Expressed his doubt.
May be he again dreamt of your father and  asking the progress of the Rajasuya. Krishna answered cheekily.
Arjun  agreed. Quite possible. Eldest has the habit of sleeping too early. Both of them went inside and saw the twins and Bheem waiting for them. As for Yudhishtir he is sitting with a pale face,Kunti is also present with a look of anguish .
Krishna straightly enquired the reason for the disturbance. Sahadev answered precisely. Our spies brought the news that Jarasandha's allies like Bhagsdutta and other formidable kings are not in a mood to accept Indraprasth's sovereignty.If we insist they will give us tough fight.
Arjun looked confused. What is new in this? It is natural that they will be against  those who killed their close associate in such an unwarranted duel. Krishna nodded. True. We expected this only.
Sahadev continued. Eldest is of the view that too many wars have to be fought with much bloodshed. He thought that the mighty Bhagadutta being a friend of our father will oblige and reconcile. Even father is unable to defeat him in battle.
Arjun objected. Father  fought for twelve days and if he could not defeat Bhagadutta,the same is true with Bhagadutta also. He can not defeat father. Kunti gazed at her third son. He is too attached to his father. He takes pride in his achievements even though he bettered him in every way.
Krishna asked Yudhishtir. Is it proper to go back after making a resolution? You should not look back and  feel deppressed. You already sent message to your father that you will definitely do the sacrifice.
Yudhisthira expressed his concern for army and others who will be put in danger if wars on such a big scale happen. Arjun  assured him. We will try our best to do it with less bloodshed. Don't worry.
Sahadev supported him. Eldest, remember when Bhrata Arjun captured Maharaj Drupad he did it with very little loss of lives. Bheem agreed. Eldest, Why do you worry that much? We will do it perfectly. It is better to select army according to our skills. I will take mace fighters and boxers. Sahadev and Nakul take sword fighters, Arjun will take archers.
Yudhishthira smiled in appreciation. You are right Bheem It should be followed as you said.
Arjun refused point blank. No. It should not be like Bhrata Bheem said, Krishna smiled and Every one was surprised. Even Kunti. What is wrong in that Phalgun? She asked. Yudhishthir  said I am waiting to hear your explanation.
Arjun replied in a cool manner, Bhrata Bheem,just because you are skilled in mace combat you can not expect your opposition to wield the mace only.They may be experts in Archery or sword fight. Similarly Nakul and Sahadev may get their opponents who are skilled in mace fight. So you should have more archers in your army as you can tackle mace wield ers. Similarly I should take more boxers or mace fighters. Nakul and Sahadev should take archers. That will balance the equation.
Bheem is overcome with pride and hugged Arjun, Where did you get such smartness? I totally agree with your suggestion. He admitted frankly. Nakul and Sahadev lauded Arjun. Bhrata you are perfect. Under hour guidance we will definitely get victory.
Krishna patted Arjun on his back. Parth, I know you are the best. That is why I got Subhadra married to you.He winked at him.
Kunti  is  speechless. She looked at her Eldest son who is having a relieved expression on his face. Kunti wondered what would have happened to him if Arjun's support is not there, Maharaj Pandu was smart enough to realise the necessity of having a son who is just perfect in every way.
She  told Krishna. Out of mental agony Eldest disturbed you at an odd hour. Now Kanha go and sleep as it is already late. She  side glanced Arjun as she knew he came from Draupadi's mansion. Krishna took Arjun's hand and got up.
As they walked back slowly Arjun said. Let us go to our private chamber it is already late. Why to disturb our spouses? Krishna laughed. You think Satya will sleep happily? Never, She will wait till I return. And she will blame you  if I don't return to her. Subhadra and Abhi have already slept ,and should not be disturbed. Now your Krishnaa will be elated if you return to her . Govind smiled meaningfully.
Arjun smiled back and reached Panchali's chamber. She is sleeping with Kirti by her side. But her brow indicated her unrest even in her sleep. Arjun made himself adjusted on her other side and pulled her close. Panchali opened her lotus eyes and smiled. You came back? I thought you won't.She curled closer and peacefully closed her eyes .Arjun felt contented  seeing her happy smile. He kissed her and his son and placed his hand on them with love that shone  beautiful through his hazel eyes.