166.

"Hiya gramma!" Elise grinned at the iPad screen. She was sitting comfortably in daddy's lap with the screen on the table in front of them.

"Hello Li-Li! Happy birthday!" grandma smiled back at her. "Have you had breakfast yet?"

"Yeah! Cake!" Elise grinned, looking up at daddy. He leaned down and placed a kiss to her foreh.

"You had cupcake and scrambled eggs, didn't you?" Eddy asked her, tickling her belly a bit. She squealed, wiggling a bit.

"Yeahhhh," she giggled, trying to hold daddy's hand away to not be tickled. "Eggs!"

"That's nice," grandma said with a smile.

"Wanna tell grandma why we called?" Eddy suggested to her, stroking her bangs away from her face.

"Bo!" Elise grinned at grandma through the screen, clapping her hands a bit.

"Oh, you wanna see little Aiden?" grandma asked, just as surprised as Brett and Eddy had been just a bit before.

"Yes please," Elise said in a sing-song voice, kicking her legs a little. "Ai!"

They watched as grandma put her phone down and went to grab Aiden off his play mat to say hi. She placed him in his lap in a similar position as Eddy held Elise. Then she carefully guided his hand to a wave.

"Aiii!!" Elise squealed, clapping her hands. Unfortunately that spooked the little boy, making him whine a little. She quieted down quickly, looking up at daddy with a sad look.

"It's okay, babygirl, Ai is just scared of loud sounds. If you speak softly, he won't cry," Eddy told her with a gentle smile. He hoped she wouldn't kick off.

...

"Good morning, beautiful," Ray hummed softly, pressing a kiss to May's forehead. She was so tired, not having been able to find a comfortable sleeping position all night.

"Morning," she sighed, scooting closer to Ray to hide her face in his shoulder to block out the bright sunlight peeking in between their curtains. "What time is it?"

"Almost ten," Ray informed her softly, stroking her arm a bit. "It's time to get up soon and pick up the cake for the party."

"Already? It feels like I just fell asleep," May whined softly.

"Did you have a bad night of sleep love?" Ray asked her, pulling her closer by the waist so she could relax against him.

"Yeah, it felt like really bad gas or something, but it just never stopped and going to the bathroom did nothing either," May explained softly, shaking her head. "It calmed down a bit around five, though."

"My poor girl," Ray hummed softly, stroking her back carefully. "Is it still bad?"

"Not as bad as last night, but still  present," May mumbled, wanting to sleep more. "Can I sleep some more while you shower?"

"Of course, love. Want to sleep a bit longer while I go pick up the cake too?" Ray asked her softly. "If you're ready when I've gotten it, I can just head back and pick you up on the way to Brett and Eddy's place."

"That would be amazing," May said softly, squeezing her man a bit. "Thank you, Ray. I love you."

"Love you too, May mine," Ray said softly, kissing her forehead before untangling himself from her. "I'll be back around 11:15, so if you're ready a bit before then we can head off."

"Set an alarm for me, please love? At 10:45," May requested making herself comfortable again among the pillows.