55.

They had been home for a few weeks now, almost two months actually. They had another birthday party for Elise with all her grandparents and some extended family present, they had revealed to their parents that they were having for another child and of course the grandmothers were ecstatic. It had only stung Brett a little bit how Grandma Chen had so clearly been so excited about the fact that it was "finally a Chen". Was Elise not a Chen in her eyes? Her last name literally was Chen? Would she treat them differently?

Brett thought it was adorable how excited Eddy was, and had recently been more able to see the new addition to their little family as a good thing. At least in their daily life he managed that. Whenever he had to actually face it though, like right now while Eddy was waiting for Leonora to send him the ultrasound pictures she was getting today, he wasn't really handling it well.

That's why he had decided not to ruin Eddy's mood and taking a shower instead. The water was so hot it kinda stung, but it felt kind of nice too as it ran down his body. His chubby body. It was okay, though, not something he couldn't fix.

Eddy had promised they would jog together, but of course that only worked out in theory. At least until Elise started daycare, which she would in the beginning of next month.

That's when they would go to therapy together too. Honestly, he felt like a failure because of it. It was his fault they needed it, him who couldn't be honest with Eddy, he who had issues. He should be happy but he wasn't and while he knew how he ended up unhappy, he couldn't understand why he wasn't able to change it.

Brett stood there under the water, keeping his eyes closed. Time passed, but he had no idea how long it had been. He didn't open his eyes until he heard the bathroom door open as Eddy entered.

"Okay if I join you?" Eddy asked quietly, avoiding eye contact. Brett could tell something was up just from how his boyfriend was standing. "Elise fell asleep half an hour ago."

"Of course, Eddy mine," Brett said softly, watching Eddy through the glass door of the shower while he undressed.

Eddy stepped into the shower and into Brett's arms, and Brett immediately pulled him close.

"I'm sorry, I know you come here to be alone, but..." Eddy said in a shaky voice, placing a kiss on the top of Brett's head. It sounded almost like he was about to cry.

"Don't worry about that, I'm always here if you need me," Brett said, looking up at him. "Is something wrong, Eddy mine?"

"N... No, not really... It's just... I guess I'm just worried it will be, so I wanted some time with you," Eddy half whispered lower lip quivering. Brett furrowed his brows, but reached up to stroke his cheek to comfort him. It was probably weird, but it was nice to get to be the one to comfort again and not always the one getting comforted.

"What is wrong, love?" Brett asked softly, but Eddy just shook his head slightly.

"Please let me have this first, Bretty," he whispered, holding Brett tightly. "I'll tell you after over some tea or something, I promise."

"Okay, Eddy," Brett mumbled, resting his head on Eddy's chest. "I love you."

"I love you too," Eddy whispered shakily. He just hoped Brett wouldn't be angry or upset when he found out.