188.

"I'm back," Eddy called from the front door, shutting it behind him. Brett had just finished shifting their food over to the plates, having decided to just use the noodles they did have already instead of waiting so that food would be ready when Eddy came back.

"Did you get noodles?" Brett asked back, hearing Eddy take his shoes off and place them on the shoe rack followed by footsteps over to him. They paused when hearing Brett's question.

"Uh shit, I forgot the noodles..." Eddy said, and Brett turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You forgot the noodles?" he asked with a chuckle. "Babe, you went out to get noodles. How could you forget them?"

"I... Uh... I was so busy remembering to get us bubble tea, alright?" Eddy defended himself with a sheepish smile, showing Brett the paper bag with the bubble tea cups. "I can run out again and grab some later. Seems you found some."

"Yes, my love, they were behind the oil," Brett smiled up at him, tiptoeing up to place a peck on his lips. "So basically, dinner is ready. Wanna grab us something to drink with this?"

"Of course, my love. We can take the white wine Ray got us from Italy?" Eddy suggested, a smile lingering on his face from the gentle touch of Brett's lips on his.

"That sounds amazing, honestly," Brett hummed happily, moving their food over to the table and finding cutlery for them. "Wanna find that for us, love?"

"I love when you call me that," Eddy exhaled, running his fingers lightly down Brett's arm before turning to grab the mentioned wine and glasses for them.

"What? Love?" Brett asked with a chuckle, raising an eyebrow as he sat down at the table. "I thought that was a pretty common thing to call your boyfriend?"

Eddy shrugged a bit, but the redness of his cheeks gave his shyness away.
"Well, I don't know if I should tell you this, but back when we were... You know, friends with benefits... I guess I... You know, I used to have this fantasy of you slipping up and calling me that."

"You did?" Brett asked softly, feeling like his heart was tightening from being reminded of his own past blindness. He wished he could undo a lot of the stuff he had put Eddy through, though of course without losing Elise.

"Yeah, it's... It was kind of pathetic, I guess, but yeah," Eddy said, trying to half heartedly laugh it off. It really only made Brett's heart squeeze more.

"I'll remind you how much I love you every day until forever from now on, okay?" Brett said, his voice being a bit strained and thick from the sadness that rolled through him. "I promise I will, my love."

"Oh Bretty mine, you don't need to cry, I'm sorry," Eddy said, and Brett didn't realize he was until being told so. His hand reached up and felt his own cheek where a few tears had spilled over.

"No, no, it's okay, th... " Brett began quietly, but was interrupted by Eddy pulling him into a tight hug, burying his face in his chest.

"I'm sorry I brought it up, this is gonna be a happy time," Eddy said softly, pressing a kiss to the top of Brett's head and just holding him for a bit. It didn't take long for Brett to wrap his arms around Eddy's waist.

"It's really okay, thank you for telling me," Brett said, trying to wipe his tears. "I just wish we could end up here without me screwing you over for a year first, that's all."

"I know, but we're here now and we're doing great, I think," Eddy said softly. "With our kids and each other and good friends."

"Yeah, you're right," Brett exhaled slowly, feeling Eddy pull away slightly, which gave Brett the opportunity to look up at his face.

"Don't cry, Bretty mine. Let's eat instead, since you've been cooking for us," Eddy said softly, wiping away a tear from Brett's cheek.

"Let's," Brett agreed with a small nod, and Eddt went to sit across from him so they could eat together. This was going to be a good night.