19.

Eddy decided they would postpone the trip one more day when Brett tried to say he was feeling nauseated, and that was why he didn't want to eat breakfast. He did feel better about ruining their trip when Belle woke up and suggested the same because of the awful weather, though.

They were halfway through watching My Neighbor Totoro as a calm day indoors when the first clap of thunder shook the building from a very long way away. Elise's attention was quickly pulled away from the movie as she had never heard such a sound before. She looked around, including back at auntie Belle who was holdinh her. The calm adults around her assured her that there was nothing to be scared of, though.

"Sounds like bad weather is coming," Belle pointed out, reaching for her cup of tea. "Might have to unplug the tv to avoid it dying if the lightning strikes here."

"Isn't that just a myth?" Eddy asked, absentmindedly running his hand carefully through Brett's hair. Brett was lying with his head in Eddy's lap, enjoying the touches and trying to keep the nausea in check.

Another thunder clap was heard and Belle stood up with Elise on her arm to go pull the curtain back to see if she could see any lightning.
"I don't know, but I'd rather be safe than sorry..." she mumbled, seeing the large grey cloud approach from a bit away. The whole room blinked as another lightning struck, and Elise made a squealing sound. She jumped and shut up once the thunder clapped again, though. Belle chuckled softly.

"It's okay, Li-Li, it's just thunderstorm," she chuckled, not noticing how both Brett and Eddy turned to look at her.

"What'd you call her?" Brett asked with a raised eyebrow. Belle gave an innocent smile.

"Li-Li. Just thought it was cute," she shrugged as Elise reached out to try and pat her cheek to get her attention again.

"Ahhhhhhhhhheeee!" Elise shrieked gleefully once she got Belle's attention, and Belle grinned at her.

"Almost. 'Auntie'," she answered her, walking back and forth a bit with her. "Wanna go look for lightning?"

Eddy chuckled softly and focused down on Brett as Elise and Belle went to look out the window.

"Li-Li," Brett mumbled with a chuckle, looking up at Eddy. "I guess it's not too bad."

"I kinda like it, but I don't think I'll stop calling her Elise anytime soon. I don't mind Belle doing it, though," Eddy agreed, combing his fingers through Brett's hair. "How are you feeling, though?"

Brett shrugged just as the room blinked again and another thunder clap shook the building again followed by another squeal from Elise.
"Bit nauseated, not too bad," he sighed, taking Eddy's hand and kissing it gently. "It helps to just lie down for a bit."

"That's good. I want you to feel better," Eddy said, caressing his cheek carefully.

"I want to feel better too so we don't have to stay indoors because of me," Brett sighed, closing his eyes.

"It's okay, we wouldn't want to be out in this kind of..."

Eddy was interrupted by the lightning striking again and all the lights going out, leaving them all in darkness.

"... weather."