11.

When Eddy finally was able to hand Elise over to Belle again and follow Brett, he found him fast asleep on the bed.
"Bretty mine," he sighed quietly, sitting down next to him on the bed and gently stroke his cheek. He was surprised to find that his fingertips became wet. He looked down at his boyfriend, feeling his stomach hurting when he realized he had been crying.

What wasn't he telling him?

It was so difficult not to fall into old thinking patterns, so difficult not to think he was the problem. Maybe Brett had regrets in being with him? Did he not want this anymore?

Eddy had to force himself to not think in that direction, to assume it was something else. Something he could fix, make sure he was okay.

"Let me help you, Bretty mine," Eddy sighed, stroking his hair carefully. Brett was fast asleep still, and Eddy knew he couldn't make Belle babysit forever, but he wanted to make it better for Brett.

He laid down behind him, sneaking his arms around his waist and placing a careful kiss in the back of his neck. Brett stirred slightly, but quickly settled again in Eddy's arms.

"I love you, sweetie," Eddy whispered softly, closing his eyes as he rested his forehead against the back of Brett's hair. "Please tell me what's wrong."

When Eddy woke up, it was light out, which confused him. It had been dark when he laid down with Brett, and now he realized Brett wasn't there either.
"Brett?" he asked out loud as he sat up and the covers slid off his bare chest. When had he undressed for bed? He sat on the edge of the bed, finding his clothes neatly folded on the bedside table with a note on top.

It was nice waking up in your arms <3
Out for a run, Belle has Elise.
-Brett

Eddy was quick to put on some sweatpants and a shirt. Looking at his phone, he finally saw that it was almost ten. Shit, had he slept for more than fifteen hours?

He shuffled out to the kitchen, finding Belle feeding Elise some baby food.
"Hey, sorry I left Elise with you, I just fell asleep and..." he began, but his big sister shook her head and interrupted him.

"Don't worry, Brett put her to bed last night just an hour or so after you went to talk to him," Belle said with a small smile. "And got up with her earlier. She was up early, at six I think."

"When did Brett leave?" Eddy asked, furrowing his brows in a worried look.

"Around 8:30. Why?"

"That's one very long run, he never runs this long," Eddy mumbled, licking his lips. His gut told him something was wrong, very very wrong. He pulled his phone out and dialed Brett's number. "Mind watching her a few more minutes? I just gotta..."

"Of course, no worries," Belle assured him before turning her attention back to Elise with a smile as Eddy went back to their room to try and get in touch with Brett.

"This is Brett. I'm a bit busy right now, but leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!"