64.

"What'cha doing, baby?" Brett asked, sitting down on the couch next to Eddy and snuggling into his side. He tried to see what was on Eddy's laptop screen, but his glasses shifted when he nuzzled his face into Eddy's arm.

"Just... Since we need more space and all," Eddy said with a small smile, showing Brett the house he had been looking at. "Maybe not this one, though, it's a bit small."

Brett straightened his glasses and looked at the pictures Eddy showed him.
"Yeah, it's four bedrooms, right?" he asked, reaching over Eddy to switch to the picture of the floor plan.

"Four and a basement, but the basement isn't finished so we'd have to deal with that," Eddy said, resting his cheek against Brett's head.

"I think, before we decide on a house or anything, that we talk a bit more about the future," Brett exhaled slowly. "That we actually decide if we're done at three kids or not."

Eddy nodded slightly, thinking about it.
"What's your thoughts on that?" he asked, putting his laptop on the table and pulling his boyfriend into his lap. Brett climbed willingly up at rested his head against Eddy's shoulder.

"I... I can't imagine dealing with three even, honestly. But I thought that about having one, so I'm sure we can deal with it," Brett said, kind of nervous he'd hurt Eddy with his words. "I kind of knew I wanted kids before se had Elise, but I thought I'd be like... Thirty-five at least, you know?"

"Yeah, I can understand that. I kind of assumed it wouldn't be an option for me before Elise," Eddy mumbled, kissing the top of his head. "I assumed I'd maybe get to be 'uncle Eddy' to your kids. Which wasn't awful, but to actually be a parent with you is... Yeah, that's wonderful."

"I think being a parent with you is wonderful too," Brett smiled slightly up at him. "I love seeing you with Elise, and I love how excited you are for the twins. Makes all my own emotions easier, in a way."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I think I'll be able to be excited like you are eventually," Brett nodded, kissing his cheek. "I don't feel like it's negative all the time anymore."

"I'm so happy it's getting better," Eddy said softly, hugging Brett. It was partially to hide his face. "I feel less guilty about it, too."

"You don't have to feel guilty about it," Brett hummed, hugging Eddy tightly. "Not one bit, okay?"

"I know, and I'm trying not to," Eddy sighed, letting the hug go slowly. "I wish it didn't have to be difficult, though."

"I know, love. It's gonna be good, though, especially knowing their genders," Brett hummed, kissing his cheek. "That's... Wednesday, right?"

Eddy nodded and got one of the bright smiles that made the whole emotional turmoil worth it.
"Yeah, both if they're identical or not and which genders," he grinned, getting excited. "And once we know that we can think about names and all."

"That's gonna be good," Brett smiled, kissing him quickly. "I love you."

"I love you too," Eddy smiled back at him, running a hand through Brett's bangs. "I think though, that we should at least pause at three kids. We don't even know if we get the opportunity to have more, but I still think it's... it's good for a while."

Brett nodded, placing another soft kiss to his boyfriend's lips.
"I agree. We can reconsider when they're older or if the opportunity comes, but for now I think a house with four bedrooms and some workspace is good."