81.

"Okay, Brett, have you written down a few things you are grateful that Eddy have done for you?" the therapist asked with a smile. She had placed them face to face, but Eddy was just staring down at his paper.

"I have," Brett said, looking over at Eddy. He was nervous about this, really. Eddy was always so much better at being in touch with his feelings, so he had probably been way better at finding things.

"And you, Eddy? Are you done?" the therapist asked Eddy, who just nodded. He looked like he had shut down completely, and Brett knew that holding him and whispering just how much he loved him normally would fix that.

"Maybe you want to start, then, Eddy?" the therapist asked with a soft, assuring smile. Eddy noddrd again and cleared his throat.

"I'm... I'm grateful for... for you letting me parent Elise with you..." Eddy began, and Brett wanted to say that he hadn't "let" him do anything. Of course he was Elise's parent with him!  Eddy continued before he could say anything, though.

"I'm grateful for you being patient with my emotions, and for holding me even when it's my fault I'm sad," Eddy sniffled, tears slowly running down his cheeks again. "And I'm grateful for you still being with me and... and for you saying yes to having more kids even though that's... that's ruining your life, and it just making you sad and feel left out... I know it should've been the other way around, that I should've been in your place, but... "

Eddy's voice trailed off and he clutched the paper. Brett reached over to place a hand on his knee, just wanting to hold him.

"Thank you, Eddy, for being so honest," the therapist said, offering him some more tissues. He declined. "How about you tell Eddy what you've written, Brett?"

Brett nodded, still holding a hand on Eddy's knee as he read.
"I'm grateful for you sticking by me even after I almost ruined our friendship," he said, clearing his throat. He was getting a lot more emotional than he thought he would be. "And for the fact that even after all that, you still let me in your house and let me sleep in your bed when I was kicked out of my own house."

He looked over at Eddy who just shrugged, like what he had done was nothing. It was so much more than nothing!

"I'm grateful for the fact that you would take on Elise with me, even before we were a couple. That you went through that emotional turmoil to do that with me," Brett said, licking his lips. He didn't really want to say the next part. "And I'm grateful for you telling me how... how much you love my body, even when it's fat and ugly. That you're willing to hold me still, despite that."

"You're not fat and you're not ugly," Eddy interrupted through his tears before Brett could get to his last point. "You're the most beautiful man I know, and I love every centimeter of you. I love when you're soft and squishy, I love that."

Brett pressed his lips together, not wanting to say anything about that. Maybe they'd get around to do their runs together soon, at least for a few months.

"I have one more... point..." Brett mumbled, avoiding to answer what Eddy had commented. He looked to the therapist for permission to continue. She nodded amd he clesred his throat. This was probably the most important thing he'd tell Eddy that day.

"I am grateful for the twins, and for getting to raise two more beautiful children with you. Thank you for giving me that, even if I'm scared and worried."