187.

It just hurt so much. If this was her period showing up, which it kind of felt like, it would be the worst period pain of her life. It felt like it started from her lower stomach and radiated through her and into her lower back. The worst part was that it felt like it was getting worse.

Despite the pain, she still managed to both wash her hair and her body in between cramps. She got herself wrapped in a towel, but didn't really get all the way to move out to the bedroom before another cramp hit her, forcing her to lean on the sink and fold over.

"Fuckfuckfuckfuck..." she repeated quietly to herself, squeezing her eyes shut as tears began popping out. Maybe it was something she ate that she had a really bad reaction to? What had she had that Ray didn't? A yoghurt?

A knock was heard on the door, but she couldn't really answer. Luckily Ray knew to just peek inside, and his face was glowing with worry when he saw her all hunched over, clutching her stomach and the towel that was slowly sliding down. He had also noticed something she hadn't, though.

"May mine, you're bleeding," Ray said worriedly, hurrying over to her to hold her so she could lean on him instead of the sink. Her hand grabbed onto his arm with a grip that drew out a small whimper from him.

"S... So it's just... My period," May forced out through clenched teeth before exhaling slowly as the cramp let her go. She finally managed to look down, seeing a single line of blood running down the inside of her thigh. "Yeah, probably my period deciding to be a dick."

"Does it usually hurt like this, though? I've never seen you like this," Ray said, stroking her back carefully. "Maybe we should get it checked?"

"That's not necessary, I'm fine. It's just cramps," May said quickly, not wanting to go to the doctor. She never did unless she was dying or something was obviously very very wrong. "It always gets worse when it has been weird for a bit. If you could get me some ibuprofen, I'd love some of that, though."

"Of course, love," Ray said softly, still not convinced. He took a step back, but immediately regretted it when she hunched over once more in pain.

"Ibuprofen," she told him through gritted teeth when he tried to hold her again.

"Just let me hold you until this cramp lets up, please," Ray said softly, letting her squeeze his arm with the pain. It only lasted for a bit before she exhaled shakily.

"Please get me ibuprofen," she requested again, softer this time. "I'll meet you in the bedroom, I just need to get some underwear and a pad on."

"If you're sure," Ray said quietly, definitely not feeling sure about it at all. He still did as he was told, though. Surely May knew her body best, right?