171.

"Happy birthday Li-Li!"

Elise squealed happily when she came through the door and found uncle Ray, auntie May and auntie Belle in their living room. She immediately ran into auntie May's arms because she hadn't seen her in forever!

"Hey there babygirl," May smiled, sitting down on her knees on the floor to give her a proper hug. "It's been way too long since I saw you! You've grown so big!"

"Yeahhh," Elise giggled, leaning against May. "Big!"

Elise seemed to want to be with May, so Ray helped carrying Elise over to the couch so they could sit together there while the other adults got the table set for the birthday dinner.

"Auntie?" Elise asked her after a bit, carefully placing her little hand on the little bloated spot on May's stomach. It made May feel a bit insecure that even Elise could see it.

"Yeah, babygirl?" she answered the birthday girl, still keeping her voice completely normal. "What's up?"

Elise seemed to think a bit about how to formulate her question, carefully stroking May's stomach while she did so.

"Why... uhm... Why... big?" she finally decided on, but it was clear 'big' wasn't the word she was looking for even though that's what she landed on.

"Why auntie has a bump on her tummy?" May asked her, wanting to be sure she had understood what she meant. Elise nodded, continuing to stroke it.

"Yeahh?"

"It's because uncle Ray has made so much yummy food for me, like noodles and pizza and cake, and I ate so very much," May explained with a small smile, pressing a kiss to Elise's cheek. "And that made my tummy big."

Elise giggled a bit at that explanation, still keeping her hand on the bump. She seemed to think about it for a bit, studying the bump.

"Naaah," she finally decided, shaking her head with a giggle. She looked up at May. "Not food."

"What? It's not food?" May asked her, raising an eyebrow with a chuckle.

"No, not food," Elise insisted a bit firmer this time. She now placed both her hands carefully on the belly.

"No?" May asked, feeling a bit uncomfortable. She allowed it still, though, as Elise didn't know any better being so young. Besides, she didn't want to expose her to body insecurity at two years old. "Why do I have a bump then?"

Elise shifted down to rest her ear against May's belly, staying like that for a not before sitting up again. She thought about it for a second before giving her diagnosis.

"Baby," she said with a small nod, reaching down to stroke her bump again.

"You think auntie has a baby in her belly?" May asked her, raising an eyebrow. She figured they must have talked about that in daycare or something, but May knew it wasn't the case. The bump would've been much bigger if it was.

"Yeah, baby in the belly," Elise confirmed, stroking carefully. "Little baby, like bo!"

"I don't think so, Li-Li, but I'll let you know if it is, okay?" May chuckled softly, shifting Elise aside and standing up. "Wanna come with me and see if dinner is ready?"