176.

"Hey," Brett called out as he walked inside, but immediately realized that Eddy wouldn't hear him. The sound of his boyfriend's violin playing a tune he didn't recognize made it's way down from their studio, and Brett found himself just standing by the door for a moment to listen to it.

The beautiful melody was interrupted after a bit by the sound of Eddy's soft mumbling and a pencil being removed from the stand.

Brett took his shoes off and carefully placed them on the shoe rack before sneaking upstairs, wanting to hear more of Eddy's practice. He loved listening to him, most of all when he wasn't aware he was listening. It always sounded more free then. Brett supposed it was related to how nobody really was themselves around other people.

The playing started up again, and as the piece progressed he recognized bits and pieces from somewhere. He couldn't figure out what it was, but he was sure he had played it before. It was very different, though, so he wasn't sure. More elaborate in a way.

A few more minutes of practice and Brett started recognizing themes, or ar least fragments. He counted at least four of them, possibly five. Two of them were quite similar and difficult to tell apart.

It got quiet again, this time completely quiet. A moment after, the door creaked open. Brett smiled innocently up at Eddy from his seat at the top of the stairs.

"Hey love," Brett said, standing up and placing a kiss on Eddy's confused face. "You sounded great, what piece are you working on?"

"Oh uh... Just... some etude..." Eddy said, quickly going back into yhe studio. Brett only barely caught a glimpse of him as he grabbed something from the stand. "I'll play for you when I'm ready, you shouldn't be listening like that."

"I've only been listening for a minute or two," Brett said, finding himself wanting to apologize for listening in. Hadn't they been listening to each other practice since the dawn of time, though? Why was it different now? "I'm sorry, I thought we were okay to listen to each other."

"Normally, but... Not this piece," Eddy said as he put what must be the sheet music for it into his case. "I promise I'll play it for you when it's done."

"Okay, Eddy mine. I'm sorry," Brett sighed, running a hand through his hair. He didn't like secrets because they made him worry. "Want to practice some more? I can go lay down in our bedroom so I won't hear?"

"No, no, we're spending the day together, aren't we?" Eddy asked, turning to him again for a moment while packing his violin. "It was just while you were gone, Bretty."

"We are, but it's okay if you want to practice. I understand," Brett said, stupidly feeling hurt by the fact Eddy wouldn't let him listen. He knew sometimes it just was like that, but something felt off about it this time.

"No, Bretty, I want to spend time with you," Eddy said softly as he closed his violin case. "Let's go nap together?"

"Alright," Brett sighed. No need to feel hurt, Eddy was just shy about playing this piece. "Let's."

Closer 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें