10.

"Heyy babygirl!" Eddy grinned, lifting Elise off the play may to place kisses all over her face. Brett had entered behind him and was still getting his shoes off. He felt pretty crap, having actually finished the salad to make sure Eddy wasn't worrying.

"Hello to you too, bro," Belle chuckled, getting up from where she was sitting cross-legged on the floor by the play mat. "Hi Brett."

"Hey, Belle. How's babysitting going?" Brett asked once he got inside while Eddy went to sit in the couch with Elise in his lap.

"I think she's the only auntie she has too, no?" Belle chuckled, straightening her back. "Or did Ray decide to finally make it official with May?"

"Not yet, no. Don't know what he's messing around with, though, they're obviously meant to be," Brett commented, sitting down next to Eddy on the couch. He leaned against him, really just wanting some proper cuddles but realizing he couldn't get any until tonight. Eddy looked over at him for a moment before placing an arm around him.

"Yeah, I think he's worried about the touring and all that. He's gonna be away for a long time," Eddy nodded, holding Elise back as she tried to lean forward off the couch to grab the shark off the floor. Belle bent down to get it for her instead, handing it to her.

"I don't know, I hope they figure it out," Belle shrugged, slowly moving towards the bathroom before eventually disappearing inside. Brett took the opportunity to bury his face in the side of Eddy's neck.

"You okay, baby?" Eddy asked, combing his fingers through the hair in the back of his neck. Good shivers traveled down Brett's spine.

"You've asked me that three times today," he sighed, exhaling slowly down Eddy's neck.

"It's because you feel off," Eddy mumbled, kissing the top of his head before turning his attention to Elise who was trying to poke his face with the shark. "What baby, is the shark eating daddy?"

Elise let out a squeal, pushing it in his face again.
"Dadadadada!" she giggled, laughing loudly when Eddy pretended to be scared of the shark. Brett couldn't help but smile a bit at them.

"I'm sorry I feel off," he commented, kissing Eddy's cheek carefully. "I'll try not to."

"You know, it's not so much that I don't want to worry about you as it is that I want you to be okay," Eddy said, setting Elise down on the play mat so he could talk properly to his boyfriend. "I know there's something you're mot telling me, Brett, I'm not an idiot. If that's because it's something I did, or if it's..."

"No!" Brett interrupted him loudly, startling Elise who became very quiet and looking up at them. "No, that's... No, Eddy, you're doing everything perfect, there's literally... I'm the problem, okay? Don't worry about it, please, I'm..."

Eddy pulled Brett into a hug to shut him up, kissing the top of his head.
"You don't have to talk about it, Bretty mine, but please know that it is okay to tell me anything, okay?" he said, stroking his back. It was at this point Brett realized he was about to cry. "I just want to help you."

Brett pushed himself out of Eddy's arms.
"Please stop worrying about me," he whispered shakily, backing up towards their bedroom door. "I'll... I'll have a nap. I'm sorry."