75.

Brett felt completely flat for a few days after that, but every time Eddy asked about it he withdrew and took a few minutes on his own. He felt ashamed for still not having gotten over it, especially because Eddy seemed completely fine.

It didn't get any better when Leonora updated them that they could learn the genders of their babies at her appointment the following day. She was having another ultrasound as the babies had been at a weird angle to get a good look last time.

To make it more stressful for Brett, they would do a video chat to see it live. That meant having to pretend to be okay for another person.

Brett had curled up in bed, trying to sleep while Eddy was scrolling through his instagram feed on his phone. Or at least that's what he had been doing when Brett closed his eyes.

He heard Eddy put his phone on the nightstand, and the click of the switch for his reading lamp. He expected Eddy to curl up the other way so they could sleep separately like they had since Brett's freak out. It was fine, he probably deserved it for being a dick to him anyway.

That's why he almost jumped out of bed when he felt big hands sneaking around his waist and pulling him close to Eddy's chest.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to wake you," Eddy mumbled quietly, placing a kiss to the back of his neck before shifting to rest his chin on top of his head. "I just miss you."

"I miss you too, but..." Brett whispered, his voice failing him. He felt like crying again, and he didn't want to cry around Eddy. He didn't want to show how vulnerable some asshole with a house had made him feel.

"No buts, Bretty. Let me hold you, please. I know I probably did something or said something, but... but please let me hold you. I don't know how to fix it."

Hearing Eddy's sad words made it feel like someone was squeezing his heart. Tears forced their way out and he just couldn't make them stop.
"You didn't do anything, Eddy," he squeaked, knowing there was no going back now. He rolled over to hug himself tightly to Eddy's chest. It felt safe when Eddy wrapped strong arms around him, holding him close while he cried, but he was also ashamed of needing it.

"Shh, Bretty mine, it's okay, it's okay," Eddy whispered softly, stroking his back carefully while the wine red t-shirt he had put on to sleep in slowly got a big wet spot from Brett's tears.

"It's not okay," Brett whispered, followed by a string of sobs. "I shouldn't need this. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

"No, Bretty, it's okay to need this. It's very okay," Eddy mumbled, placing a kiss on the top of his head. "Talk to me, love. What's going on? You've been struggling with this for days."

"It's stupid. I'm just way too sensitive and whiny," Brett sniffled into Eddy's chest, shaking his head slightly. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be bothering you with my pathetic whining again. You had more than enough of that in London."

"Bretty mine, love," Eddy spoke softly, moving back to be able to look Brett in the eyes. He wiped away tears from his cheek and gave a kiss to his forehead. "It's always okay to talk to me and get comfort from me."

"I am supposed to be the strong one, the one to take care of you. I'm older," Brett explained quietly, lower lip trembling. "But I'm just this whiny asshole who keeps pulling you down."

"You're not a whiny asshole," Eddy said, stroking Brett's cheek with his thumb. "Did something happen, love?"

Brett hesitated, eyes flickering away from Eddy. Eddy had said specifically he just wanted to forget it and still he hadn't been able to drop it like he should have. Fucking idiot.

"I uh... I talked to the police... About the house owner..." Brett mumbled, still avoiding to look at Eddy. "And I'm upset because they told me there's nothing they can do, meaning there's nothing I can do either. I just want to fix things for you, but I keep failing."

"What? Bretty mine, you don't have to fix that," Eddy said softly, kissing him carefully. "It's okay, we'll find a better house anyway."

"Will we, though?" Brett sighed, shaking his head slightly. "I'm sorry."

"Of course we will, lovely. We'll find somewhere that's perfect, I promise," Eddy said, pulling Brett in tightly for a proper hug. "I promise we will."

"If you say so," Brett sighed, closing his eyes. "I still wish I could fix it for you."

"Fix it by making sure you talk to me when you feel bad about something, love. Please."